Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #585 - 03/02/12 at 08:33:20

Personally, my overall driving force in improving my health consciousness can be stated as follows...

When I was younger, I doubted I'd live to middle age.  Now that I am middle-aged, I don't want old age to suck - especially if I am ever able to retire.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #586 - 03/02/12 at 09:44:39

Savage_Rob wrote on 03/02/12 at 08:29:00:
I don't think he said they were purely coincidence, necessarily.  If I read his comment correctly, systemic shock (such as that which may be observed with a major dietary shift) has been said by some to send it into remission.  I know very little about MS myself.

Me either.  I'm just relating some of the several comments seen from ecstatic parents.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #587 - 03/02/12 at 09:48:28

Savage_Rob wrote on 03/02/12 at 08:33:20:
Personally, my overall driving force in improving my health consciousness can be stated as follows...

When I was younger, I doubted I'd live to middle age.  Now that I am middle-aged, I don't want old age to suck - especially if I am ever able to retire.

This is a HUGE factor for me as well.  Retired now, I figure I only have a few decades left.  I don't want them spent in a nursing home sitting on a bed pan.  I want to be really alive and very well,... building things, flying strange aircraft, riding motorcycles, shooting IDPA, etc., for all of those decades.

Wheat,.. and blood sugar spikes can ruin all of that.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #588 - 03/02/12 at 11:55:26

No more communion for you wheat belly guys that bread will get you in the end,If it don't the priest will.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #589 - 03/02/12 at 13:19:34

Guess it's good I gave up beer and bourbon for rum.  Most vodkas are actually made from wheat.  Very few are made from potatoes.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #590 - 03/02/12 at 13:57:53

Savage_Rob wrote on 03/02/12 at 13:19:34:
Guess it's good I gave up beer and bourbon for rum.  Most vodkas are actually made from wheat.  Very few are made from potatoes.

Some red wines are not too bad for wheat belly purposes.  If you are a beer guy, Redbridge is a reasonable compromise.  It doesn't have wheat, but it is made from sorghum,.. a grain not nearly as evil as wheat.  It has about 12 carb grams per bottle, so that is a factor as well,... best to consume a bottle or two on a day when you have been really tight with the carbs.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #591 - 03/02/12 at 13:59:55

At our liquor stores there is one brand of potato vodka, Luksusowa, which is Polish, and one brand made from corn. (can't remember the name).
The potato vodka tastes much better than grain vodka.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #592 - 03/02/12 at 15:35:10

arteacher wrote on 03/02/12 at 13:59:55:

At our liquor stores there is one brand of potato vodka, Luksusowa, which is Polish, and one brand made from corn. (can't remember the name).
The potato vodka tastes much better than grain vodka.

I think Chopin is the only potato vodka I've tasted and it's pretty good.  It's been a while since I've had any vodka though.

Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #593 - 03/03/12 at 06:23:07

Have any of you tried Redbridge beer?  It seems to be the least harmful, grainwise, of the thousands of beers out there.  It is a little carby, but at least it has no wheat.  I am not a beer aficionado, so I can't rule on whether or not it is a great beer, but my Double RYCA Build buddy Jud (who knows a lot more about these things than I) says it is not bad. It is widely available, it seems, since even Walmart carries it.

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #594 - 03/03/12 at 07:07:00

I would think any high quality beer made by a reputable brewer like Dogfish Head or Sierra Nevada wouldn't contain wheat unless it is supposed to be there, like in a hefeweizen or that 'Shock Top' Belgian white. There's also beer that complies with the German purity law, where the ingredients are limited to barley malt, yeast, hops and water. So just spend a couple extra bucks and get the Beck's.  Wink  I'll be dammed if I am going to quit drinking beer.. fortunately don't like wheat beer anyway.  Or cheap beer where they sneak it in.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #595 - 03/03/12 at 07:38:55

I thought most beer started off with wheat.  Shows what I know, eh?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #596 - 03/03/12 at 11:50:20

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #597 - 03/03/12 at 15:57:45

Next time you order a beer, see if they have Stone IPA.  It is made by the purity law and the hops will sock you right in the mouth. Delicious beer!  Smiley  

I didn't know there's such a thing as gluten free beer, they somehow filter it out?  Anyway, I guess people lump wheat and barley together since they both contain gluten.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #598 - 03/04/12 at 06:35:36

Boule’tard wrote on 03/03/12 at 15:57:45:
Next time you order a beer, see if they have Stone IPA.  It is made by the purity law and the hops will sock you right in the mouth. Delicious beer!  Smiley  

I didn't know there's such a thing as gluten free beer, they somehow filter it out?  Anyway, I guess people lump wheat and barley together since they both contain gluten.

All grains contain gluten.  Wheat, barley, oats, spelt, etc.  Wheat gluten has been getting a lot of notoriety lately because of celiac disease and the grain mega-businesses sense of money to be made.

The bummer is that while there is all this attention on wheat gluten and a small percentage of the populace having a bad reaction to it, EVERYONE is intolerant to wheat and all the other grains to one degree or another,... and very little attention is being paid to it.  Only the Wheat Belly mob, and maybe some of the Paleo groups are starting to get some notoriety and bring this tragedy to light.

Celiac is widely known to be life-threatening.  What is NOT widely known is that the other grains and their glutens can be life-threatening as well.  
  -- Some folks have had their life-threatening athsma cleared up.      
  -- Some have had their life-threatening blood pressure get back to normal.  
  -- Some have had their life-threatening diabetes cured.
  -- Maybe it is not quite life threatening, but arthritis surely is life ruining, and many many folks over the past few years have had their arthritis either disappear, or even if they have already been disfigured, they've had their inflammation and pain minimized,.. being left with a sense of profound regret they didn't get off grains long ago.
  -- Some have had their life-threatening heart disease abated or cured.

You can easily find out your intolerance to wheat and/or other grains.  Just stop eating ANY of it for a month or two.  Note the changes,.. sorta like an allergy test in reverse.  
  -- I know of no one who has completely stopped all grains for a month to not note some pretty significant improvements.  
  -- I do know of a lot of folks say they have given it a try, but all they really did was cut out one or two grains,... or they "cut way back."  
  -- Cutting "way back" is like reducing your cigarette smoking from 5 packs to 2 packs a day.  
    --- That is quite an improvement, but as far as your lungs are concerned, not much has changed.  
    --- Same with wheat and other grains,... cutting way back does very little good since you are still ingesting all the nasty stuff contained in those grains.

Sorry.  Didn't mean to get on the soapbox again, but since I got into this back in October, I keep finding out more a more about it, and it is hard to not want to let everyone know about it,... how simple it is to make some huge improvements in your daily life and for your longevity.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #599 - 03/04/12 at 06:36:56

All grains contain gluten.  Here are the various common grains, and their glutens:

Wheat                Gliadin                
Rye                    Secalinin            
Oats                   Avenin                
Barley                Hordein              
Millet                  Panicin              
Corn                  Zien                      
Rice                   Orzeni5                
Sorgum              Kafirin                

http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-theres-no-such-thing-as-gluten_02...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 20:23:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.