Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #525 - 12/31/11 at 10:42:19

Another diabetic who was actually cured, along with several other long duration problems eliminated by getting rid of all grains, including wheat:     (when he says "yours" he is referring to the cardiologist, Dr. Davis)

I was a 58 year old diabetic on Avandia, Diovan and Zetia and having multiple annoying and painful side effects and I’d been reading about the possible dangers of the Avandia.

I was looking for answers when I happened upon Dr. Eades’ blog which led to Tom Naughton and your Heart Scan Blog. Ironically, the first blog post of yours I read was a 2/22/08 post on diabetes meds. Your genuine compassion and concern for your patients and willingness to LISTEN to them was very apparent so I started reading everything you’d written. I immediately cut the carbs and quit the wheat/grains and waited for my next appointment while weaning myself off the meds.

At my next appointment, I told the doctor (fairly new to me) about the side effects and weaning off the meds. He was not a happy camper and dramatically stated “It’s Avandia or insulin!”. However, not 10 minutes later, as he was about to go to his next patient, he said my A1C was 5.8 so I could “try” no diabetes meds. I was thrilled – this meant the low carb/no grain diet was working!

It took me a while to notice some of the other benefits – no IBS, no migraines, the dry, flaky skin I’d had all my life was gone, excessive flatulence gone, 30 pounds gone without even trying, thankfully those side effects eventually disappeared, I can breathe through both sides of my nose again!! (which I would never have dreamed could be cured by simply not eating wheat!), BP down, HDL up and many more that I notice from time to time.

So here I am today, now 61, on no medications (I do take the supplements recommended by you & Dr. Eades) and my A1C at my physical earlier this month matched the one from last year’s physical – 4.7. I was telling the doctor how many of my health problems had disappeared when I changed my diet. He said yes, it was amazing what changing your diet could do. Since he is a pretty heavy guy, I keep wishing he’d ask me what exactly I changed, but he never does. It’s a shame because he could certainly benefit from your advice and/or at least try to talk his other diabetic patients into cleaning up their diets (including my 2 sisters, who will listen to the doctor but not to their now slim and healthy.little sis..).

Happy Holidays to you and yours!

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #526 - 01/03/12 at 08:36:02

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #527 - 01/03/12 at 08:47:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/03/12 at 08:36:02:

WOW!!!

This piece of research verifies everything Dr Davis (the Wheat Belly guy) has discovered and put in his book.

I love this sentence in the conclusion,"When one eliminates wheat and fills the void left by its absence with fruits, vegetables, high quality meats and foods consistent with our biological needs we may begin to feel a sense of vitality that many would find hard to
imagine."

Thanks large!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #528 - 01/03/12 at 09:12:19

It was on My drs. site. Clip the tail off that addy & go to the main site,.

http://www.pbraunmd.org/

YOu mite also be interested in some of the linked things on the left, like gulf stream damaged affecting global climate.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #529 - 01/04/12 at 02:10:50

All this makes me happy I live in Europe...

Our laws are much more stringent, to the point that many hormones and chemicals widely accepted in US agriculture were banned in Europe as far as 20 years ago, in the '90s.

We do NOT use rapeseed oil or canola oil (unless you're british or scandinavian, but that's not my fault...)
those who don't use butter or olive oil for cooking and frying use corn oil or peanut oil, to which we have been accustomed for centuries...

If SOY and WHITE RICE are so bad, how come Japan and China live off it so well ?

Unfortunately that Dr. PatriciaB's website is visible by all, worldwide, yet her research (?) concentrates on US Agricultural products only.

It's a bit like European left-winger lobbyists pucshing to ban or levy SUVs with data based on US Highway Authority statistics... like Italy was teeming with Suburbans and Chevy Novas...

US white flour is bleached? OK, stop buying it, buy wholewheat.

White sugar is bleached? Stop buying it, buy brown sugar, better still, use honey!

Concentrated orange juice contains water and corn syrup? Ever considered buying your own oranges?

Now, when somebody tells me milk is bad...  Huh

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #530 - 01/04/12 at 07:30:07

If the Japs and Chinese ate meat, veggies, fruit, and low-carb (no grains at all) they'd average 6' tall and 180 pounds, not 5'4" and 140 pounds.  

Saying we should eat wholewheat flour instead of white flour, or use honey instead of sugar, is like saying we should smoke low tar cigarettes instead of standard cigarettes.  Getting shot by a .44 magnum is worse than getting shot by a .357 magnum, so would you please shoot me with a .357?  

mpescatori, you have not read the book.  You do not understand what it says.  You would have some credibility if you actually knew something about the other side of the discussion.

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #531 - 01/04/12 at 11:06:18

I would think it would take many generations of eating one kind of diet for a population to alter its genetic makeup, ie, being tall or short.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #532 - 01/04/12 at 11:55:49

Its not an alteration of DNA, its a failure to reach maximum potential due to wrong nutrition that makes them short, like a tree that is stunted, being raised in poor soil. The same tree, with the right stuff on the ground & the right amount of water, & it would grow on up.

IP Logged
Arnold
Serious Thumper

The dude abides...

Westchester, NY
Reply #533 - 01/04/12 at 12:14:25

You're saying if you were to adopt an Asian kid and raise him in the US he would grow taller? That nurture would overcome nature and its genetic predispositions?

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #534 - 01/06/12 at 06:08:08

Here's another interesting input to wheatbellyblog.com ---

just wanted to say “Thank You!” You did in two days what several doctors couldn’t do in 3 years.

I began having lower back pain – significant lower back pain – a little over three years ago. Nobody could find what was causing it and i was ultimately told to take up yoga to strengthen my core muscles and learn to relax.

The pain interfered with every aspect of my life. It disrupted my sleep. It made daily chores difficult and unpleasant. I couldn’t stand still for more than a few seconds without the pain becoming unbearable. Because I also needed to lose weight, I began looking for options to accomplish that and quite by accident stumbled across Wheat Belly. In spite of my dismay at the thought of giving up all the lovely baked goods, I figured I could try it for a couple weeks to see if it would lessen the level of pain. If it didn’t work, no harm, no foul and maybe I’d lose a couple pounds in the process.

It was with much skepticism that I woke up Tuesday, January 3, 2012 resolved to cut not just wheat but all grains out of my diet for two weeks and see what happened. This morning (1/5/12), the very first thing I noticed was that my alarm clock woke me up. It took a few seconds for it to register just how unusual that was and a few more seconds to realize that I didn’t hurt. I hadn’t woke even once to adjust my position to relieve some of the pain. The screaming agony that woke me up every morning for the last 3 years before my alarm had a chance to go off was no where to be found. I went from barely being able to get out of bed by myself to absolutely 100% pain free in two days. TWO DAYS. I spent today afraid to believe it. Every time I got up from my desk, I expected to feel that familiar twinge but it wasn’t there. When I think too much about the difference between this day and the day I had two days ago, it overwhelms me and I can’t help but cry with the happiness of it. I feel like a living, breathing miracle!!

Thank you, Dr. Davis, for sharing your knowledge and giving me my life back.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #535 - 01/06/12 at 09:12:07

For those of you who have kids with acne (or have acne yourselves), I just found out two of my three Granddaughters (aged 15 and 11) have been freed from acne.  They started the wheat-free thing on 1 Jan.  This morning my Daughter called,.. they are all losing weight, but the biggy for the girls was that their skin cleared up.

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #536 - 01/06/12 at 09:49:00

Wheat is the leading source of vegetable protein for humans.With out it you will die at and earlier age.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #537 - 01/06/12 at 10:00:39

Bill,, there are plenty of sources of plant based protein. That wheat currently provides the most plant based protein is meaningless. If people stop using wheat, then some other plant based source will become number one..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #538 - 01/06/12 at 10:46:45

36 pages of Wheatbelly testimonials...

This thread needs a stake in it's heart... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #539 - 01/06/12 at 15:15:46

Serowbot wrote on 01/06/12 at 10:46:45:
36 pages of Wheatbelly testimonials...

This thread needs a stake in it's heart... Huh...

Your participation in it might be less than interesting to you, so why not just go to the threads that interest you more, and leave this one to the folks that want to be here?  36 pages of content would suggest there are at least a few that are interested.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 00:34:10

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.