Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #465 - 12/08/11 at 18:53:25

http://www.whale.to/a/cure_word.html

short excerpt

Dr Kelly cured his pancreatic cancer with enzymes. Sadly, enzymes of that purity & potency are no longer available,
He was told he had a few months to live when they diagnosed him. They told his wife he had a few weeks. Being the smart man he was, he figured out a cure, & helped others, before Big Pharma destroyed the good sources,,

"Medicine in our country has been on a crusade over the last 100 years to wipe out every other form of medicine. One of the things they did that was unique was they lobbied to make words legal only for them to use. Today in the US, only a medical doctor can diagnose a disease, prescribe something, and cure you. Nobody else can say "diagnose", "prescribe" and "cure". That means that nobody can cure you but a medical doctor….I can’t say "Chaparral is the cure for a tumour". I can’t say garlic is the cure for cholestrol or high blood pressure. They have made the laws. So that makes me look stupid, impotent, and it makes the herbs look weak and wimpy.
   I can’t as a herbalist, say that an herb will cure, even though a lot of prescription drugs are made from herbs.
   This was a tactic by organised medicine to wipe out the opposition, by making them look silly and impotent…they have the words…they control the high ground. They can walk out and say, "Yes, if you take this drug, you will cure yourself." But they hired lawyers and got the government behind them. If I say that I go to jail. It isn’t because the herbs don’t work and the drugs are better, it’s just because they have more money, they lobbied more and got the law passed in their favour. That is why people get this idea that herbs don’t cure you."—Dr Shulze.

"The only accepted legal medical diagnosis of cancer is by biopsy. This is not 100% accurate, for there are false positives as well as false negative biopsies.  We, that is you and I, are not permitted to make a diagnosis of cancer. Nor are we permitted by law to use any system of diagnosis except biopsy for cancer diagnosis. The Medical Establishment tightly controls the diagnosis of cancer."--Dr Kelley DDS

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #466 - 12/09/11 at 12:42:01

JOG, I came across this item in Wikipedia in the xylitol entry:

Candida yeast: A recent report suggests consumption of xylitol may help control oral infections of Candida yeast; in contrast, galactose, glucose, and sucrose may increase proliferation.

The reference is:

33.^ Abu-Elteen, Khaled H. The influence of dietary carbohydrates on in vitro adherence of four Candida species to human buccal epithelial cells. Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease (2005), 17(3), 156-162

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #467 - 12/09/11 at 12:53:48

Thanks, but the visible symptoms dont exist. IF thats the problem ( It mite be Lymes) its the worst kind, its gone in & is attacking the organs & brain.
Note the capital IF, I have no obvious outward signs/symptoms any more. I thot I had won that fight when the athletes foot problems went away. Im leaning toward candida as the problem, because I had a Lymes test a couple of years before I had the 2 weeks of feeling like myself again, then, something slowly started taking me down, & today SUX,, darn, my head is spinnng,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #468 - 12/13/11 at 08:17:24

Ever heard of the orexin system?  It's a small cluster of neurons in the hypothalamus that secrete a neuropeptide, orexin.  Gobbledeegook, you say?  Well, I'll admit, it sure sounds like it.  

But!,..There are some new findings from some scientists at the University of Cambridge.

Orexin regulates all kinds of mental properties, from sleepiness to hunger.

Blood Sugar reduces orexin levels.  Low orexin levels cause sleepiness, lethargy, reduced metabolism.

Protein increases orexin levels.  High levels of orexin increase wakefullness, sensed energy (a need for locomotor activity, as they put it), and metabolism.

To summarize, eating high-carb foods reduces orexin which lessens metabolism and stores fat.  Eating high-protein, low-carb foods increases orexin which increases metabolism and burns fat.

Wheat, wheat-based products, and grains are high-carb, low protein substances.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #469 - 12/13/11 at 10:15:37

After these weeks of diet change I am disappointed,. Energy levels still suck, mental acuity still not up to par. Still disjointed & weak, takes me days to accomplish a few hours worth of work, not feeling too hopeful, but not gonna stop the diet. I know theres no future in that.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #470 - 12/13/11 at 12:32:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/13/11 at 10:15:37:
After these weeks of diet change I am disappointed,. Energy levels still suck, mental acuity still not up to par. Still disjointed & weak, takes me days to accomplish a few hours worth of work, not feeling too hopeful, but not gonna stop the diet. I know theres no future in that.

Two comments:
-- Since you've mentioned losing a lot of weight (12 lbs?) so far, being a wheat-free-me is having an effect.  I am surprised, though, that you are not reaping any of the other benefits like I did, and like the thousands of other folks on chiming in on the Wheat Belly FB page.
 -- You did mention you've got some other problems (related to yeast), like I did.  Since you have had your bod on a wheat diet for several decades, it will take a while to undo all that living-with-wheat adjustment your bod has made, especially with the yeast complications.  When I first transitioned to low-carb, I lost some weight within the first several weeks, but it took a lot longer for the yeast issue to get stable, and mostly cured.

I can only hope for you that if you stick to it, eating basic food like meat/fowl/fish/veggies/fruit/nuts/etc., no grains, no sugar,... that eventually things will get back to a healthier normal.  That is what I would expect, anyway.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #471 - 12/13/11 at 14:18:15

Yea, GB,, Im not giving up, Im just disappointed that Ive seen no diminishing of the symptoms. Im not giving up on it. Im still hoping, I know its gonna be a while to see complete recovery, Ive just been expecting to see some improvement, Ill just keep on keeping on,. Im not about to go back.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #472 - 12/13/11 at 18:15:13

"Protein increases orexin levels."

Yes, that's why as a vegetarian I eat a lot of beans and rice...a complete protein....phffft, (pardon my gas.)  Shocked

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #473 - 12/13/11 at 20:34:44

Starlifter wrote on 12/13/11 at 18:15:13:
"Protein increases orexin levels."

Yes, that's why as a vegetarian I eat a lot of beans and rice...a complete protein....phffft, (pardon my gas.)  Shocked

Ah.  You are a vegetarian.  That clears things up a bit.  

How much wheat do you eat?

Are a Vegan?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #474 - 12/13/11 at 21:37:12

& I just cooked a big pot O pinto beans & good sized bunch O rice tonite.
I have broccoli & sweet potatoes to cook tomorrow & a T-bone in the fridge. Gonna eat like a king from a Southern State tomorrow..
& fart like a heathen all nite,

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #475 - 12/14/11 at 05:22:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/13/11 at 21:37:12:
& I just cooked a big pot O pinto beans & good sized bunch O rice tonite.
I have broccoli & sweet potatoes to cook tomorrow & a T-bone in the fridge. Gonna eat like a king from a Southern State tomorrow..
& fart like a heathen all nite,  

The beans, rice, and sweet potatoes will negate a lot of the benefits you hope to realize from being wheat free.  The carb count in that menu is substantial.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #476 - 12/14/11 at 18:00:17

Its on the Candida diet, tho. All complex carbs, no simple sugars.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #477 - 12/14/11 at 21:42:48

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/14/11 at 18:00:17:
Its on the Candida diet, tho. All complex carbs, no simple sugars.

I realize that, but much of the effectiveness of the wheat belly schtick is from low carbing,... keeping a moderately low and consistent blood sugar level.

(That low and moderate level, combined with the lack of any grains, seems to be having a wonderful effect on diabetics, BTW.  Some prediabetics have been taken off their meds altogether.)

I'm surprised your Doc has you consuming so many carbs.  Mine told me just the opposite for my yeast situation.  He said it was important to keep the blood sugar level as steady as possible (and somewhat low) to give the bod a change to adjust and reorient itself to burning fat for energy and and not using blood sugar for anything else but that.  He said excessive and spikey carb levels kept the yeast "fed" so to speak.  To prevent that, it was necessary to keep blood sugar low and stable.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #478 - 12/14/11 at 22:49:38

Well,, MAYBE thats got somethng to do with my being less than thrilled with results. I dont have a Dr guiding me, Im just trying to do it. I dont have many things I can eat, & I think, based on what you just said, Im not doing it right anyway,, I dont eat regular. I go too long between meals,

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #479 - 12/15/11 at 05:53:34

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/14/11 at 22:49:38:
Well,, MAYBE thats got somethng to do with my being less than thrilled with results. I dont have a Dr guiding me, Im just trying to do it. I dont have many things I can eat, & I think, based on what you just said, Im not doing it right anyway,, I dont eat regular. I go too long between meals,

One of the things that happened to me, and this is common once you get off wheat (and any other grains), is that hunger pangs just go away.  
 -- I never get ravenously hungry anymore.  Hell,.. I don't get hungry anymore at all,.. not like I used to, anyway.
 -- If my current wife weren't here to pester me about when/where/what we are going to eat, I'd be skipping meals and not even realizing it.  
 -- I know this because a few times when she was gone for several hours, that's what happened.  I just didn't eat.

The Wheat Belly guy, a cardiologist, explains this diminished appetite is from the lack of substances in wheat that trigger appetite.  
 -- The chemistry is boring and complicated, but there are a chain of events that take place everytime you stuff some wheat in your bod, the essence of which is an increase in appetite.  
 -- Lack of food for more than a few hours results in hunger pangs,.. artificially created urges to stuff one's face.
 -- Without wheat (and without other blood-sugar-spiking food) you eat when you see it is time to eat,.. not when your guts are screaming at you to stuff more donuts/pretzels/yeast rolls/cereal/pancakes/oatmeal/hoagies/etc. into your abused bod.

It is good to eat regularly, but with the removal of the addictive urges caused by wheat, it is easy to find yourself skipping meals altogether.  I suppose it would be healthiest to have three or four light meals a day,.. eating healthy stuff like:
 -- meat/fowl/fish/veggies/fruit/nuts/etc.,
 -- no grains, no sugar,..
 -- very little in the way of manufactured food, especially "gluten-free" crap.

I suspect your lack of results really is due to they way you have been negating the some of the benefits of being wheat free by eating other high-carb stuff,.. grains and otherwise.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 04:14:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.