Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Z

Ride Baby Ride!!!

Northwestern PA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #315 - 11/18/11 at 18:48:56

+1

Sanity runs from my family!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #316 - 11/18/11 at 20:15:37

Starlifter wrote on 11/18/11 at 17:05:42:
"Nonsense" "Screed"

and...

"If you'd read the book, rather than just drinkin the koolaid, you might have a different outlook on all this."

Bob, your self-serving self-righteous diet assertions are simply inconsistent with scientific facts (as your political opinions are inconsistent with reality.)

It's interesting that every accepted scientific nutritional study published over the years is in your opinion 'drinking Kool-Aid, while you read some half baked, crackpot diet fad book and then swear that you now know the absolute truth about nutrition so help you God, and everyone else (including the science community) is dead wrong.

I might add that your ‘anti-science’ bias is quite typical of those on the extreme right. I would bet that you don't believe in evolution and climate change either. Having said that I now expect that you will post a bunch of junk science about evolution and climate change, (stuff that no one but right wing hacks take seriously) and believe that you are doing all of us a big favor by imparting your intellectually superior opinions to us poor stupid motorcyclists. I wish to inform you that this site is filled with intelligent, caring, thoughtful people who unlike you consider other people's opinions enough to at least consider.

You call the president a 'buffoon' constantly while asserting the wisdom and intellect of those on the right-wing lunatic fringe of politics. (I guess you haven't noticed), the Republicans are now the “How great is it to be stupid” party. In perpetrating the idea that there’s no intellectual requirement for the office of the presidency, the right wing of the party offers a Farrelly Brothers “Dumb and Dumber” primary in which evolution is avant-garde.

Sarah Palin, who got outraged at a “gotcha” question about what newspapers and magazines she read, is the mother of stupid conservatism. Another “Don’t Know Much About History” Tea Party heroine, Michele Bachmann, seems rather proud of not knowing anything, simply repeating nutty, inflammatory rhetoric she memorizes by rote. Then take the current right-wing candidates. Looks like your Newton will be the next to drive the clown car after everyone has self destructed do to their ignorance. They're anti-education, anti-science, anti-book-lurnin, and they wear their ignorance like a badge of honor.

So you see, as much as you hate other people's opinions whether it's food or politics, or anything else, other people see you as just as misinformed and wrong as you see everyone else.

Think about it.....(end of rant)

Wow.  That's pretty impressive how you weave hatred and politics into a diet discussion.  274 of the 387 words in your rant dealt with your hatred of conservatives, not damage from wheat.  Struck a nerve, eh?  

Let's get back to the basic idea.  I have come across a concept new to me that I found quite valuable.  I want to share it here.  If you want to get all emotional about that, it won't help the discussion any.

All I intended this thread to be was a discussion of this new knowledge about the damage wrought from wheat.  I also wanted to relay what I discovered as I tried it out on myself.  A case study of one.

Well, I'm in the middle of the case study and things are going just fine.  In fact I'd say way better than fine.  I went from being a low-carber with wheat to a low-carber without wheat using the Wheat Belly book as a guide.  I'm tickled with how much better I feel in so many ways.  See my earlier post today with the long list of improvements. (reply #305) It seems you glossed right over that post.  

Your ignoring all of that and sticking with the USDA/wheat lobby hype doesn't distress me much.  That is quite a typical reaction.  No biggy.  There will always be "flat-worlders" like you.

I have managed to interest a few folks here.  Some are even trying a few weeks without wheat.  That pleases me a lot.  I sure hope they are able to enjoy at least some of the benefits I do.

I'm really impressed with Boule'tard's effort.  He actually read the book.  That gives his contributions here a lot of credibility, as opposed to yours.  You haven't read the book.  You know not of what you speak when it comes to Dr. Davis's discoveries.  All you do is fall back on the same old food triangle.  

I'm curious to know what you think of all the benefits I have personally realized from making no change other than being wheat-free.  Do you believe me?  Or does it piss you off so much you can't bring yourself to address the issue?

« Last Edit: 11/19/11 at 06:05:16 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #317 - 11/18/11 at 20:25:07

I enjoyed reading the thread,  all 22 pages of it ....

I grew up in a "modern, forward thinking" world where they sprayed the neighborhood streets with white clouds of DDT and Chlordane  to cut down on the malaria and other disease spreading  deadly mosquitoes -- so what we killed off the fish and birds and who knows what else  (and gave all the kiddies them little skin cancers all over their bodies that we all still have).   But we did knock out TB, malaria, measles, small-pox etc. which was what we were after -- and the average age of Americans went up accordingly.

Average age is still increasing, despite us doing all the bad things to ourselves that we have done dietetically.

Wheat is just one item on the list, and it ain't nearly as bad as cigarettes or alcohol for a chronic user.

We all die from our choices, good or bad whatever they are .....

Take heart, when the oil runs out the bad wheat won't grow without oil based fertilizers and Round-UP -- and millions will go hungry accordingly.    

We can't feed the existing population without oil-based agriculture, so in 15-20 years we'll all go hungry together.

Wink

It was nice to see Bill typing in full sentences, too

« Last Edit: 11/18/11 at 21:55:43 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #318 - 11/18/11 at 20:26:37

Bob read this book, thought he'd share it.. he's not in bed with the author trying to lobby the wheat industry or anything... I mean I'm skeptical as hell about it being an odd angled diet scam (look at the authors other products lol). I still think it's up to the reader (whether you pay for the book or download it) to decide.

I'll never give up corn beef hash (42mg of the 55mg of protein I need daily).  Smiley

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #319 - 11/19/11 at 04:08:33

"All I intended this thread to be was a discussion of this new knowledge about the damage wrought from wheat.  I also wanted to relay what I discovered as I tried it out on myself.  A case study of one."
Case study of two. Don't forget I tried it for a month and it screwed up my blood sugars royally.
I didn't change my diet, that incidentally was working fairly well for me,(my last three month average blood sugar was just above normal, and my doctor gave me a pat on the back), other than substituting other carbs for wheat.
Because of my wife's MS I have become very skeptical of treatments that are outside of the mainstream of medical opinion. Some of the treatments for MS have been:
decompression where the patient was treated in a decompression chamber,
bee stings, where patients were submitted to a large number of bee stings,
and the latest- opening up the veins and/ or arteries in the neck.
I believe that some "doctor" even expounded on bleeding as a cure.
So I am very skeptical.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #320 - 11/19/11 at 06:00:01

arteacher wrote on 11/19/11 at 04:08:33:
"All I intended this thread to be was a discussion of this new knowledge about the damage wrought from wheat.  I also wanted to relay what I discovered as I tried it out on myself.  A case study of one."
Case study of two. Don't forget I tried it for a month and it screwed up my blood sugars royally.
I didn't change my diet, that incidentally was working fairly well for me,(my last three month average blood sugar was just above normal, and my doctor gave me a pat on the back), other than substituting other carbs for wheat.
Because of my wife's MS I have become very skeptical of treatments that are outside of the mainstream of medical opinion. Some of the treatments for MS have been:
decompression where the patient was treated in a decompression chamber,
bee stings, where patients were submitted to a large number of bee stings,
and the latest- opening up the veins and/ or arteries in the neck.
I believe that some "doctor" even expounded on bleeding as a cure.
So I am very skeptical.

I am a very sceptical person as well.  I have never really been a fat guy, but spending a couple decades in the USAF caused me to try out several different "diets" because I was usually near the rather restrictive weight limits for the yearly weigh-ins.  I have lots of experience with the various forms of low fat and low cal schemes/fads.  Some of them did result in weight loss, but I was miserable while on them (starving all the time, low energy, etc.), and my cholesterol ratios weren't nice.

Then in 2003, in response to several unsuccessful attempts at curing my several ills, a new Doc said I had a blood yeast problem.  He put me on what sounded like a low-carb approach, so I Atkins-ized.  I was really sceptical about trying something so faddish, but I gave it a shot.  It took a few months but, voila!,.. no more blood problems and I'll be darned if I didn't lose a lot of weight.  I'm bringing this up again to show that I am a true sceptic, BUT, when presented with undeniable facts, I can be convinced.  The low-carbing works.  It really works when you do it properly.

The key word here is "properly."  The wheat belly thing works just like it says when you do it as described in the book.  You didn't read the book.  All you did was change around some high-carb foods.  One of the things Dr. Davis explains in the book is that cutting out wheat is the primary factor, but getting off of all grains and keeping up a low and consistent carb intake is important as well.  A three-pronged approach: 1. no wheat,.. 2. very little of other grains,.. 3. low carb

"I didn't change my diet."  So, you are a case study, maybe, but your case study is not a study in the wheat belly approach.

Your situation with diabetes sounds so extreme, I don't know if you should even try something like this,... but how would I know?  I'm no Doc.  I still think you should contact Dr. Davis either directly or on the FB page.  He has probably dealt with situations like yours a hundred times.  What would it hurt to get his input?

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #321 - 11/19/11 at 06:25:30

My point was that you changed other things as well as going off wheat, and you got results that you liked, which is all fine and good.
I just substituted for wheat- no other changes- and it screwed me up, so therefore I deduced that wheat alone is not the evil.
If you make a bunch of changes to your bike, all at the same time, and it doesn't run well, or runs better, how do you know which change was responsible for the change in performance? That's what I did- made one change, so I know the answer- to that question anyway.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #322 - 11/19/11 at 07:11:14

arteacher wrote on 11/19/11 at 06:25:30:
My point was that you changed other things as well as going off wheat, and you got results that you liked, which is all fine and good.
I just substituted for wheat- no other changes- and it screwed me up, so therefore I deduced that wheat alone is not the evil.
If you make a bunch of changes to your bike, all at the same time, and it doesn't run well, or runs better, how do you know which change was responsible for the change in performance? That's what I did- made one change, so I know the answer- to that question anyway.

A valid point.  You didn't do the wheat belly thing, you simply stopped ingesting wheat, which would be a case study in maintaining the same carb level with grains and other blood sugar sources, but without wheat.  Now you know.

My case study is also different from most folks finding out about the wheat belly thing.  All I changed was to avoid grains.  I have been a low-carber for a long time.  I simply switched from being low-carb with grains to low-carb sans grains.

So, another valid point you make is that I don't really know if all the improvements I am realizing right now are from being wheat-free specifically or from being grain-free including wheat.  At least I know the improvements are not from changes in carb levels.  If you put any creedence in Dr Davis's real world experience with his 1,000s of patients, at least some of the benefits are brought about by being wheat-free.

Anyway, I only made one change,... no grains (including wheat).  That was about all I needed to do to follow the guidance in the book.

Well, there is some other stuff in there about the health problems caused by cured meat, overcooked meat, etc., and I am cutting back on that kind of thing.  Walmart actually carries uncured sausage and a few other nitrite/nitrate free meats.  Seems like nitrites/nitrates are evil.

See http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/07/08/22/the-dangers-of-nitrites-the-foods...

I'm also trying to wean myself from charred steaks,.. I'm asking for "medium" now.  The book explains about how overcooked meat has some effects on aging.  I'm so old now I can't afford to age any faster!!
          that was a joke

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #323 - 11/19/11 at 07:41:28

My none wheat free belly is 30 inches.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #324 - 11/19/11 at 07:59:01

bill67 wrote on 11/19/11 at 07:41:28:
My none wheat free belly is 30 inches.

Diameter or circumference?

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #325 - 11/19/11 at 08:00:24

Cir

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #326 - 11/19/11 at 12:58:07

Here's another fellow who describes the fraud being perpetrated on the public by what he refers to as bad science and big business.  Check out his credentials,..He's no dummy.  

The points he makes are generally the same as Dr Davis's: Whole-grain anything is a fraud, sustained by mega-business and the USDA.  I don't think he is in cahoots with Davis; his points don't sound like they are from the same talking paper.  They arrive at the same conclusions, though.  Our obesity epidemic is a result of the whole grain fraud.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #327 - 11/19/11 at 13:15:50

Whole grain may play a role, but look to MSG, Vaccines, hormones in food, GMO & aspartame for other obesity causers.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #328 - 11/19/11 at 13:25:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/19/11 at 13:15:50:
Whole grain may play a role, but look to MSG, Vaccines, hormones in food, GMO & aspartame for other obesity causers.

Whole grain (especially wheat) plays a major role, but I do agree with you on the rest of that.

I don't have the time to fire up crusades for "the rest of that," I'm quite busy with just pursuing the new info on wheat!

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #329 - 11/19/11 at 19:40:35

Here's a post from a Dr Zabrodski:

I looked at my long term obese, diabetic patient yesterday, and stared in disbelief at her recent lab. One of the first to pick up the book in August at my urging. Lab is NORMAL. No cane! Stopped the meds. Will need the extra cash for new clothes!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:38:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.