Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #195 - 11/02/11 at 12:10:20

Boule’tard wrote on 11/02/11 at 11:47:31:
Minimize bananas?!  If there's one thing our genes should have caught up with, it's bananas!  

God invented us out of dirt only 5,000 years ago...
Cavemen aren't real...  
Evolution is a myth...
Jesus ate bread... it's gotta' be good for us...
Paleo diets are anti-christian...  to eat like a caveman, is to deny god...
Huh...

PS... I like bananas...  ... but, whole eggs are natures perfect heart attack...  Gods way of population control....

Okay,... I'm done... that was fun... Huh...  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #196 - 11/02/11 at 12:26:48

I looked it up,In the middle ages the Catholic Church proclaimed eggs meat,So let me tell you those Catholic Priest know what meat is.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #197 - 11/02/11 at 12:49:40

It's not the same wheat, it's heavily cross pollinated and mutated... it's like saying a modern day motosickle is the same thing as those old original bicycles with motors on the back..

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #198 - 11/02/11 at 13:55:57

Another ploy you can use in general is to take a standard recipe loaded with grain stuff and sugar, and just replace the grain stuff (flour of some sort) with a mix of almond flour and coconut flour.   Also, it is good to toss in another egg or two to help bind it all together**  Of course, don't use any sugar.  Use some sort of non-sugar sweetener,.. you may have to experiement to see which ones you like.  Stevia, truvia, splenda, xylitol, etc.  There are lots of options out there these days.

**One of the reasons wheat is so bad these days is because of all the changes it went through to increase yield, have better drought and heat resistance, and enhance properties like good structure for bread, smell, raising, binding, etc.  These changes are what added so many of the damaging aspects of modern wheat.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #199 - 11/02/11 at 14:09:23

Built2Last wrote on 11/02/11 at 12:49:40:
It's not the same wheat, it's heavily cross pollinated and mutated... it's like saying a modern day motosickle is the same thing as those old original bicycles with motors on the back..

Exactly!!  8 or 9 thousand years ago, wheat grew naturally in huge amounts on various plains around the planet, and the folks that lived near it gradually discovered it could be harvested to make stuff they could eat later during the winter.  Einkorn wheat.  Emmer wheat.  They got used to it, and it reduced their need for hunting and gathering, which, I guess was a real bother.

Up until midway through the 20th century wheat didn't change much.  In the 1800's they learned how to grind it up better to make nicer flour, but it was genetically pretty much the same as what folks were eating several millenia before.

Then in the 1940's or so, things changed rapidly to increase yield, improve drought resistance, heat resistance, etc., but no one was checking to see what the changes would do to the poor dum bastards that had to eat it.  As you might guess, they could never get away with that now.  The gummint would never allow it,.. or at least they would create an approval process that would cost zillions to comply with.

Anyway, today's wheat is optimized for the farmer's economic survival, not for our health.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #200 - 11/02/11 at 14:11:17

Serowbot wrote on 11/02/11 at 12:10:20:
Boule’tard wrote on 11/02/11 at 11:47:31:
Minimize bananas?!  If there's one thing our genes should have caught up with, it's bananas!  

God invented us out of dirt only 5,000 years ago...
Cavemen aren't real...  
Evolution is a myth...
Jesus ate bread... it's gotta' be good for us...
Paleo diets are anti-christian...  to eat like a caveman, is to deny god...
Huh...

PS... I like bananas...  ... but, whole eggs are natures perfect heart attack...  Gods way of population control....

Okay,... I'm done... that was fun... Huh...  

That WAS a fun rant,..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #201 - 11/02/11 at 15:20:58

Thanks Gyro,...  glad all that wheatlessness hasn't affected your humor... Wink...

It would definitely affect mine...  Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #202 - 11/02/11 at 19:46:20

Serowbot wrote on 11/02/11 at 15:20:58:
Thanks Gyro,...  glad all that wheatlessness hasn't affected your humor... Wink...

It would definitely affect mine...  Huh...

How so?

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #203 - 11/02/11 at 20:41:09

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #204 - 11/02/11 at 21:07:04

"Yes, it is all explained in the book.  All grains are crops that we were never designed to eat." ...says Gyro.

This just nuts. If it wasn't for wheat and other grains two thirds of the world would starve.

If you want to know what we were NOT designed to eat it's MEAT.

The human species evolved from tree dwelling apes that subsisted mostly on fruits and nuts. A true carnivore like say a cat, is designed to eat meat. It has the teeth, claws, and a digestive tract designed to processes meat. Animals like cats have a short bowel system. The meat they ingest is quickly processed for it's nutritional content, and the residual matter is quickly passed.

Humans on the other hand are natural vegetarians. When we eat meat it moves sluggishly through the bowl. It is retained so long in the bowel it putrefies, in effect it rots inside of us and releases toxins that poisons our system. Our immune system works overtime to hold down toxic infections while the sluggish mass of rot impacts the bowls. Heavy meat eaters are constantly constipated and don't even know it. They think a bowl movement every four or five days is normal. Colon cancer is the result of eating meat period.

If you are concerned about genetically modified grains (and you should be as Monsanto continues to poison us) then you better be concerned about the antibiotics, growth hormones, and processing bacteria that goes into meat. Remember, the minute an animal is killed it begins to decompose (rot). God only knows what kind of chemical brew the meat processors add to this rotting carrion in the form of preservatives to make it colorful and not stink.

If you want to be healthy, don't make your body a grave, and don't fall for 'fad' diets that do nothing but make a fast buck for the authors of such junk science.  

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #205 - 11/02/11 at 21:49:04

Confessions of a former Big Food executive

by Andy Bellatti
2 Nov 2011 7:25 AM

A few weeks ago, I learned of a relatively new blog about food industry deception, but with an interesting twist. The blog's author is Bruce Bradley, who spent over 15 years as a food marketer at companies like General Mills, Pillsbury, and Nabisco. He has since, in his words, "become more educated about the risks and environmental impact of eating processed foods," and is now a CSA enthusiast.

....(snip)....

Q. On your website you write that you've "seen some disturbing trends in the food industry over the past 20 years." What have you found most insidious?

A. The landscape has changed dramatically since I started my career at Nabisco in 1992. In response to Wall Street profit pressures and the growing power of retailers like Walmart, the food industry has undergone a tremendous wave of consolidation and cost cutting.

This has hurt our food supply in many ways. First, huge, multinational food companies now dominate the landscape. Wielding far greater lobbying power and much deeper pockets, these companies have been very successful in stagnating food regulation. Second, cost savings have been a key profit driver for the industry, but they've had a devastating impact on both food quality and food safety. Think factory farming and GMOs, just to name a couple of examples. Third, as consumers' health concerns have increased, processed food manufacturers have become even more aggressive in making dubious health claims or co-opting fad diets to market their brands and develop new products.

The net impact of this transformed landscape has been disastrous from a public health perspective -- with obesity rates skyrocketing and a never-ending flood of food recalls. ..............(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.grist.org/food/2011-11-02-confessions-of-a-b...

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #206 - 11/03/11 at 06:16:34

Starlifter wrote on 11/02/11 at 21:07:04:
"Yes, it is all explained in the book.  All grains are crops that we were never designed to eat." ...says Gyro.

This just nuts. If it wasn't for wheat and other grains two thirds of the world would starve.

The human species evolved from tree dwelling apes that subsisted mostly on fruits and nuts. A true carnivore like say a cat, is designed to eat meat. It has the teeth, claws, and a digestive tract designed to processes meat. Animals like cats have a short bowel system. The meat they ingest is quickly processed for it's nutritional content, and the residual matter is quickly passed.

Humans on the other hand are natural vegetarians. When we eat meat it moves sluggishly through the bowl. It is retained so long in the bowel it putrefies, in effect it rots inside of us and releases toxins that poisons our system. Our immune system works overtime to hold down toxic infections while the sluggish mass of rot impacts the bowls. Heavy meat eaters are constantly constipated and don't even know it. They think a bowl movement every four or five days is normal. Colon cancer is the result of eating meat period.

If you are concerned about genetically modified grains (and you should be as Monsanto continues to poison us) then you better be concerned about the antibiotics, growth hormones, and processing bacteria that goes into meat. Remember, the minute an animal is killed it begins to decompose (rot). God only knows what kind of chemical brew the meat processors add to this rotting carrion in the form of preservatives to make it colorful and not stink.

If you want to be healthy, don't make your body a grave, and don't fall for 'fad' diets that do nothing but make a fast buck for the authors of such junk science.  

I see you are still buying into the government/mega-business brainwashing about "healthy whole grains."  Do a little research and you'll find out pretty quickly that we ARE genetically optimized for meat and green leafy stuff, not crops (meaning grains).

Colon cancer didn't show up until maybe 9,000 years ago when we started learning about agriculture.  IOW, when we were hunter-gatherers eating mostly meat and green leafy stuff, colon cancer was non-existent, as was diabetes, atherosclerosis, arthritis, etc.  When we started eating wheat, these problems appeared, and for a few millenia, the average life span shortened.

You are totally wrong about how the body handles meat.  When the digestive systems are not "wounded" by having to handle wheat, meat is very much what we need, and is easily, and nearly totally digested.  Very little "residue" and the veggies provide the fiber to keep things tidied up.  When I would prepare to fly an F-4 from Georgia to Denmark (requiring 12-14 hours away from a toilet) I'd eat only chicken, fish, eggs, and cheese for a couple of days before hand.  It would ALL be digested (no residue), and I would have no worries for what we would refer to as a "physiological incident" at 35,000 feet.  When we got to Denmark, I'd go back to normal eating, and the next day, normal pooping.  It wasn't constipation, it was no residue -- it was ALL being digested.

The point you make about the world starving were it not for wheat is exactly right, and it is one of the reasons wheat is so harmful.  Yes, it provides lots of "food" but the harm it does is a tragedy for two reasons:
   1. To get wheat to be so ubiquitous, the scientists had to morph it into something that is way more damaging than its natural state of 10,000 years ago.  It has changed so much it can't grow on its own -- it needs specific care (chemicals, water on schedule, etc.) for it to grow at all.  
   2. The billions of people eating this toxic matter don't mind at all because it sure feels better than going hungry.  Want to win a Nobel prize?,... find some way to make a few types of nutritious vegetables as easy to produce as wheat.  Think about how much healthier the world would be if the billions eating toxic wheat would switch to veggies!!

Although I agree with you, this statement proves you have not researched the issue, "If you want to be healthy, don't make your body a grave, and don't fall for 'fad' diets that do nothing but make a fast buck for the authors of such junk science."  You are a hype buyer.
   1. The first 12 words I agree with.  Stop eating wheat and you will keep your body out of the grave for many years longer.
   2. The rest of the statement I agree with too, but not because of what you believe.  You are wrong about wheat.  Yes, there are some crazy fad diets out there (cabbage soup, full moon, eskimo, suzanne somers, etc.) and yes, they probably do make a fast buck.  However, had you actually studied this issue a bit, you'd not apply this accusation to the wheat tragedy inflicted on all of us for so many decades.

You are not stupid.  Why do you not question the hype?  Why don't you research this stuff a bit?  When you begin to sort out which studies/research are valid vs studies done by folks with an agenda, you'll see an ugly picture developing.

Maybe you'll even try the wheat-free thing for, say, a month, just to do your own research and prove us wrong!!!

It's been about a month for me, now.  My skepticism has nearly evaporated.  I know I am a pretty small-sized data sample (1), but this study (me) shows several of the benefits associated with freedom from wheat are real.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #207 - 11/03/11 at 06:40:04

Our teeth are designed to cut/chew meat as well as vegetables. Humans have been "HUNTERS" and "GATHERERS" since the dawn of man.

Regardless if I decide to start eating "modern day mutation wheat" again, I'm still aware that it's not the same wheat the pyramids were built on, and I think everyone should take a step back and question why we're being told to eat this stuff at every meal.. I might go back to having it once a day since I have no health problems at the moment (and hopefully till I die).

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #208 - 11/03/11 at 06:50:04

Also, look at modern day meat supplies... the chickens and cows are being breed to be meatier and injected with hormones and god knows what.. it's not the same meat from the 50's and 1 hamburger can contain pieces of cows from all over the states... and taco meat is like 50% or more "filler"...

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #209 - 11/03/11 at 06:54:04

Starlifter wrote on 11/02/11 at 21:07:04:

The human species evolved from tree dwelling apes that subsisted mostly on fruits and nuts.

Says who, PETA? KFC is the chicken holocaust! Apes are the missing link in human evolution?? Haha.. do you think that apes are just "vintage" humans? Have a banana and give me a spear, I'm having steak tonight...  Cheesy

You do know that humans can eat and digest raw meat, right? Just like the natural carnivore dual sport herbivores we are  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 66
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:26:39

General CategoryThe Cafe › 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.