Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 66
Send Topic Print
0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly" (Read 6458 times)
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly"
Reply #150 - 10/30/11 at 15:20:06

What I meant was it's cheaper to eat out than go grocery shopping in Japan..

Gyrobob that wheat free list of foods looks god awful boring... I'm gonna have to mod it with some flavor....

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #151 - 10/30/11 at 16:38:13

I bet Gyro was boring when he was a kid too.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #152 - 10/30/11 at 18:49:04

Your opinion is yours, I see the cranky old guy a bit differently.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #153 - 10/30/11 at 20:25:01

Serowbot wrote on 10/30/11 at 12:54:04:
As a basic issue... with the "paleo" concept...
I don't understand why anyone would think cavemen were super healthy...
They mostly died by the time they were thirty... that jumped to three score and ten when agriculture entered the picture...

I'm sure they had their share of cancer, because even animals in the wild do,... and they have definitely been found with arthritis...
Probably not much heart disease because they were already dead at thirty...  
... and most died of injury or infection,.. so the immune system wasn't too hot either...

The generally healthy and long lived people of Japan,.. eat lots of white rice, and raman noodles...
... but a generally low fat diet,.. and not excessive quantities...
And oddly enough they tend to smoke more than we do...
Hmmm?...  most cavemen were non-smokers...
Go figure... Huh...

Actually, Serow, when agriculture entered the picture, humans went through a millenia or two of shorter lifespans and encountered for the first time such lovelinesses as arthritis, diabetes, atherosclerosis, osteoperosis, etc.  Yes cancer is always present in some degree, but with agriculture it became much more prevalent.  Gradually lifespans got back to where they were and proceeded onward with all kinds of other environmental improvements, but before agriculture, humans died generally from either getting killed, or from general aging.

Humans just aren't optimized, genetically, for crops,... especially wheat.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #154 - 10/30/11 at 20:26:44

bill67 wrote on 10/30/11 at 12:44:37:
You want get much wisdom from me here,That OK we have Dr. Gyrobob here,If anyone has any questions.

What if no one has any questions?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #155 - 10/30/11 at 20:33:47

Looks to me like everyone here already has all the answers. That their answers arent the same for the questions? Ehh,, so what?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #156 - 10/30/11 at 21:03:34

Built2Last wrote on 10/30/11 at 15:20:06:
What I meant was it's cheaper to eat out than go grocery shopping in Japan..

Gyrobob that wheat free list of foods looks god awful boring... I'm gonna have to mod it with some flavor....

Boring is as boring does.  What the hell does THAT mean?  dunno.   Grin

If you look at the list of "eliminate" and "never" foods as a list of loverly stuff you will have to give up for the rest of your life, making you feel miserable and deprived because nothing else is fun to eat,... you're gonna have problems.  If you have that mindset, you are looking at this as a fad diet.  You haven't actually bought in to the idea yet.  If you can't shake this attitude, I would recommend you just blow the whole thing off.

Let's say all of a sudden you found out that jelly donuts cause cataracts.  You find this out for real.
  --- Let's say all your life you have been nearly addicted to jelly donuts because they SOOOOOOOO tasty.  
  --- But now, you are completely convinced that if you keep eating jelly donuts, within a month or so your lenses will cloud over and you won't be able to see anything other than light or dark anymore for the rest of your life.  The Doc noticed a condition in your lenses that can stand no more food with huge carbs, fat, and wheat, so you have to stop now or go pretty much blind.  No more motorcycles.  No more TV.  No more walking around by yourself.  No more building things in a workshop.  No more admiring of statuesque women.
  --- How would you feel about jelly donuts now?  Would you not feel like eating them anymore?  Would it take the fun out of it?  How hard would it be to quit jelly donuts now?

Let's say you were a lifetime smoker.  You've always had some discomfort in your lungs, but it wasn't bad, and, besides everyone else smoked and you know lots of old guys that are still smoking.  You really like it.  Well you are in your 50s now, and feeling not all that great.  You go to the Doc and he says "Quit smoking now and you might live another 10 or 20 years.  Keep smoking and you'll die within the next few years.  Your lungs are mostly destroyed, but if you quit now, you'll feel better and live a lot longer."  What would you do?  Would it ruin the fun of smoking? Or would you think that smoking was one of life's few real pleasures and that you just can't give it up?  I have known folks in this situation.  Some actually kept smoking.  The latest friend was carrying around an oxygen tank to stuff oxygen up his nose and he kept right on smoking!  He died way too soon.

If you actually understand what wheat does to you, you'll lose most of your desire for wheat stuff and, indeed, most foods with any grain ingredients.  If you just view all this as maybe a way to lose some weight for a while, or try out an experiment, or maybe try some of the concepts but blow off what you don't like (blow off the wheat, but keep eating oatmeal, rice, corn, etc.), you'll be disappointed.

I'm not preaching here.  It won't hurt my feelings if any or all of you remain unconvinced.  I'm doing this because I AM convinced.  I've researched this pretty hard, and I AM convinced.  When I look at a cinnamon roll, I don't start salivating,... I am nearly repulsed.  I feel the same about a big plate of durum pasta.  The thrill is gone for anything I feel will put grains into me.

I'm in the phase now of finding out all the ways to make tasty stuff that has no grain in it.  There really are lots of ways to have noodly things, dessert goodies, casseroles, meat dishes, etc., that have no grains at all.

I'm still hoping that a few of you can stick with this for a while.  Try it out earnestly for a month or so to see if you have results like most folks do.

I suppose if you can wade through my preachy emails, that will be quite an accomplishment in itself, eh?
Wink

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #157 - 10/30/11 at 21:05:11

bill67 wrote on 10/30/11 at 16:38:13:
I bet Gyro was boring when he was a kid too.

All my life I have been counseled about being arrogant, conceited, and boring.  Ain' no thang.

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #158 - 10/30/11 at 21:36:39

I was just sayin I was gonna spice up the menu a bit with flavor, didn't mean to send you off on a few blocks of text.. my girlfriends doing it with me to see if her blood pressure lowers...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #159 - 10/31/11 at 09:31:02

Built2Last wrote on 10/30/11 at 21:36:39:
I was just sayin I was gonna spice up the menu a bit with flavor, didn't mean to send you off on a few blocks of text.. my girlfriends doing it with me to see if her blood pressure lowers...

Yeah, I realize I went off on quite a rant, eh?  Sorry.  Guess my keyboard speed is getting too fast.

That's great about getting the GF involved.  I'm hoping for even more improvement with wheat-free, but when I switched to low-carb in 2003, that alone lowered my average from about 150/110 to 120/80 where it has pretty much stayed.  An acquaintance at work had to stop taking blood pressure meds because after switching to low-carb, her BP was too low.  Since the Wheat Belly thing is essentially low-carb with the added benefit of no wheat, the improvement should certainly be there.  Good luck!

IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #160 - 10/31/11 at 13:06:31

Where can I find the noodles that are wheat free? All they have are "Durum Wheat Noodles" and we don't have any organic grocery stores around here...

IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Re: 0-60 in 2 seconds less?  "Wheat Belly
Reply #161 - 10/31/11 at 13:33:58

Built2Last wrote on 10/31/11 at 13:06:31:
Where can I find the noodles that are wheat free? All they have are "Durum Wheat Noodles" and we don't have any organic grocery stores around here...

To bad you'll just have to die.

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
Built2Last
Serious Thumper

Tempt Fate

FTF
Reply #162 - 10/31/11 at 14:07:06

Bill67 how about I kill and eat a bear with my bare hands

IP Logged
verslagen1