Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Send Topic Print
From Lien to Bobber to Cafe: RYCA Build (Read 18752 times)
RpNSht
Ex Member

Re: From Lien to Bobber to Cafe: RYCA Build
Reply #210 - 06/26/11 at 14:25:48

Gyrobob wrote on 06/26/11 at 12:46:43:
There is so much room left over by using the lithium battery, you have room now for a small storage space to keep a minimal tool kit, and the registration/insurance papers, etc.  Maybe just use the bottom half of the RYCA battery box with a hinged door on the side, eh? Keeping the RYCA side panels would cover up all that stuff.

ya one could totally do this but like i said

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 06/26/11 at 00:50:57:
....of the four, none are using side covers or batteries under the seat. ive always thought this was the essential cafe racer look. the certain emptiness under the seat gives a bike a very light presence; the epitome of the cafe racer agenda and/or legacy.

i have plans for a registration storage compartment under the rear cowling using the lock from the stock tool lock box but i need to get the bike on the road first...its too nice out here to be on my feet or tethered to four wheels!

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #211 - 06/26/11 at 14:28:08

this is how i mounted the rectifier, starter solenoid, and computer:

and of course i loved the tucked plate idea so much that i had to keep it despite losing out on the awesome ryca battery box:

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #212 - 06/26/11 at 14:30:41

ROUND 2!: powder coat

well my plans were to have the bike on the road by july 1. i think im going to miss the deadline by a week or so. figuring out the paint is tougher than i was hoping for. nevertheless i will be dropping off the final pieces to get powdered in gloss black of course:

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #213 - 07/02/11 at 03:04:10

all this powder to get through and hopefully i can get stasis is death on the road, in time for a late night birthday ride around l.a.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #214 - 07/02/11 at 05:05:24

I'm sad to see that beautifully machined battery box powder coated.  Undecided

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #215 - 07/02/11 at 06:07:10

MotoBuddha wrote on 07/02/11 at 05:05:24:
I'm sad to see that beautifully machined battery box powder coated.  Undecided

I was about to say the same thing. It is your decision, but I would have left it in the machined surface state, maybe clear-coated it at the most. When I saw the pictures of the box being machined out of a billet block, my machinist heart was jumping for joy! Now with it being powder coated black, you can't even tell.  Embarrassed
But no offense please, just my personal opinion. Smiley

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #216 - 07/02/11 at 07:11:13

I disagree. I think its better powder coated, otherwise it would stick out like a sore thumb against all the other stuff that he powder coated black already.

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #217 - 07/02/11 at 07:13:59

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 06/26/11 at 14:28:08:
and of course i loved the tucked plate idea so much that i had to keep it despite losing out on the awesome ryca battery box:
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/rpnsht/IMG_1955.jpg

I am probably going to do the same thing. My plate got beat to crap only after 20 miles on my RYCA because it keeps hitting the rear tire. I was either going to do an axle mounted vertical mount kit from ebay or I was going to tuck it like you (and RYCA did) with their bikes. Only concern I have with the tucked plate is visibility of plate and getting pulled over.

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #218 - 07/02/11 at 08:46:02

the Georgia Highway Patrol would pull you over in a heartbeat for, as they would put it, "hiding" the license plate like that.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #219 - 07/02/11 at 08:52:53

Gyrobob wrote on 07/02/11 at 08:46:02:
the Georgia Highway Patrol would pull you over, Taze your ignorant A55 & beat th everlovin crap outta you  in a heartbeat for, as they would put it, "hiding" the license plate like that.

There, fixed it for ya..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #220 - 07/02/11 at 17:24:03

lean with it rock with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7K9YAOdA8g:

anyone else have problems with their kickstand? regardless of the adjustments made, my kickstand would allow my cs-1 to slip forward at the slightest touch. after a few times of almost losing it, the bike was put on blocks, kickstand removed, and a 1/4 steel plate welded in place of the brace. problem solved.

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #221 - 07/02/11 at 17:26:16

branded:

IP Logged
RpNSht
Ex Member

Reply #222 - 07/02/11 at 17:33:21

battery box revisited: powdered, finished, and installed

thank you for the feedback on the battery box. but i agree with sbaugz:

sbaugz wrote on 07/02/11 at 07:11:13:
I disagree. I think its better powder coated, otherwise it would stick out like a sore thumb against all the other stuff that he powder coated black already.

powdering the battery box helps it disappear creating a more open space under the seat, which was the main motivation for creating the battery box in the first place. ive never really had a taste for billet and if i did keep it billet i wouldnt have been able to make the lid mimic the fins of the engine block.... pops killed in on the finishing of lid, wouldnt you agree?

IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #223 - 07/02/11 at 18:19:01

what the heck, aren't you done with this thing yet? I am dying to see it done. Come on, hurry up already  Grin

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #224 - 07/02/11 at 18:29:32

wheelchairstuntn wrote on 07/02/11 at 17:24:03:
lean with it rock with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7K9YAOdA8g:

anyone else have problems with their kickstand? regardless of the adjustments made, my kickstand would allow my cs-1 to slip forward at the slightest touch. after a few times of almost losing it, the bike was put on blocks, kickstand removed, and a 1/4 steel plate welded in place of the brace. problem solved.

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/rpnsht/IMG_1972.jpg

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/rpnsht/IMG_1991.jpg

I have the similar plate from Ryca, but I had already cut off the tab on the right side of the frame.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 28
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/20/24 at 14:20:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › From Lien to Bobber to Cafe: RYCA Build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.