Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit??? (Read 1794 times)
Old School Again
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit???
Reply #30 - 02/05/11 at 11:42:03

s40fan wrote on 02/05/11 at 08:12:11:
MotoBuddha wrote on 02/05/11 at 06:06:25:
They are NOT RECOMMENDING chain conversion because there might be a clearance problem with the rear set controls bracket. The bracket fits between the swingarm pivot and lower loop of the drive belt. Since a chain sprocket would be smaller than the belt pulley, there would be less room for the bracket. Having studied their photo, I think the bottom of the bracket can be notched for clearance and reinforced, so I'm going ahead with the chain conversion.

Thanks for pointing that out! Chain conversion has been on my mind. Smiley

I am going for the upgraded suspension.

I dont have any tools for the project. Anyone have any suggestions for a good cutting tool? Links and item names would be appreciated.

I can help you with tools or even make the cuts for you.  I'm in NJ.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #31 - 02/05/11 at 11:46:12

Old School Again wrote on 02/05/11 at 11:40:27:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/05/11 at 08:24:41:
Don't forget they are putting a rather tall wheel back there.

Does anyone know the oustside diameter of the stock rear wheel.  Of course it will change with different tires but with a stock tire.

MotoBuddha wrote on 02/05/11 at 09:21:40:
Yes, like from a stock 23.5" diameter to about 25.5"

So being able to experiment with final drive ratios is especially desirable.

Angry jk

WWW   IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #32 - 02/05/11 at 11:48:49

I was looking at getting Bridgestone Battlax BT-014 OEM 150/60 18

Calculator says 25.09 inches

and Bridgestone Battle Wing Front Tire 110/80 19

Calculator says 25.93

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/tirediamcalc.html

IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #33 - 02/05/11 at 11:50:49

Old School Again wrote on 02/05/11 at 11:42:03:
s40fan wrote on 02/05/11 at 08:12:11:
MotoBuddha wrote on 02/05/11 at 06:06:25:
They are NOT RECOMMENDING chain conversion because there might be a clearance problem with the rear set controls bracket. The bracket fits between the swingarm pivot and lower loop of the drive belt. Since a chain sprocket would be smaller than the belt pulley, there would be less room for the bracket. Having studied their photo, I think the bottom of the bracket can be notched for clearance and reinforced, so I'm going ahead with the chain conversion.

Thanks for pointing that out! Chain conversion has been on my mind. Smiley

I am going for the upgraded suspension.

I dont have any tools for the project. Anyone have any suggestions for a good cutting tool? Links and item names would be appreciated.

I can help you with tools or even make the cuts for you.  I'm in NJ.

I'm in Texas. A bit of a drive for tools. Smiley

IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #34 - 02/05/11 at 11:55:01

Old School Again wrote on 02/05/11 at 11:40:27:
verslagen1 wrote on 02/05/11 at 08:24:41:
Don't forget they are putting a rather tall wheel back there.

Does anyone know the oustside diameter of the stock rear wheel.  Of course it will change with different tires but with a stock tire.

Calculator for stock says 23.82 based on 140/80 15

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #35 - 02/05/11 at 12:33:31

s40fan wrote on 02/05/11 at 11:50:49:
I'm in Texas. A bit of a drive for tools. Smiley

Let people know where you're at and they'll come running with arm's full to see the kit.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1285597248

WWW   IP Logged
JWidiker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 02/05/11 at 18:09:55

I'll be on the list very soon, right now looking at performance parts (what little I can find) and saving $

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 02/06/11 at 08:51:51

Im in Texas, close to Longview. What tools you needing?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #38 - 02/06/11 at 10:26:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/06/11 at 08:51:51:
Im in Texas, close to Longview. What tools you needing?

I am in San Antonio, and mainly a cutting tool to complete the fitting of the new bits. I will probably end up buying one.

Any suggestions on cutting tools for the project?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #39 - 02/06/11 at 10:54:52

I bought a 4" angle grinder & modified it to accept a 4" cutting disk. Had to hammer the disk shroud flat, because the cutting disks are flat, grinding disks drop a ways. Also had to build a little bushing to fill the gap between the threaded shaft & the cutoff disk. Why did I do all that? Because I couldnt find a tool for cutoff disks that wasnt to expensive.. maybe I looked in the wrong places.. IDK.
I like to put tape on the part to cut & lay it right next to where I want to cut, or, leave it a bit long & grind with a bench grinder. If its a straingt line on a flat piece& you just Cant afford for it to not be right, you can clamp a piece of angle iron on & grind to that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
sbaugz
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 02/06/11 at 11:07:22

I don't have a grinder with cutting disc either. I thought I would use my Milwaukee Sawzal with a fine tooth metal cutting blade on it. Should work out just fine. Dremel will clean up edges.

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #41 - 02/06/11 at 11:26:27

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/06/11 at 10:54:52:
I bought a 4" angle grinder & modified it to accept a 4" cutting disk. Had to hammer the disk shroud flat, because the cutting disks are flat, grinding disks drop a ways. Also had to build a little bushing to fill the gap between the threaded shaft & the cutoff disk. Why did I do all that? Because I couldnt find a tool for cutoff disks that wasnt to expensive.. maybe I looked in the wrong places.. IDK.

I got a Ryobi angle grinder a few years ago that handles both grinding and cutting disks. The arbor has a slightly raised part the diameter of the disk holes. The nut also has a raised center part. When I used grinding disks, the raised center of the nut goes down. When I use cutting disks, the raised part goes up. No problem.

Of course, the handle can go on either side and the shroud rotates to whatever position I need, or I can remove it. Sometimes it would be nice if the motor and disk could reverse direction so the sparks shoot the preferred direction.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #42 - 02/06/11 at 11:32:12

Mite depend on thickness of metal. The sawsall isnt a very gentle tool. You may want to get a piece of metal about the same thickness & see how it acts, or cut a line far enough away from where you want to cut & see if it makes a mess. A grinder for cleaning up is cheap enough. No need for a Makita, just an El Cheepo works fine. I prefer a paddle switch over a sliding switch for a grinder. Harbor Freight or the like is your friend.
OHH, & dont save $$$ by getting grinder disks from HF. Go get a Norton or some other good quality grinder disks. The HF ones spew bits of themselves everywhere at the slightest provocation & youll spend the same $$$ or more because youll be changing them out. Its very unpleasant using HF disks. I think yyoull be unhappy using a dremel for such a project. The cost of materials & the time required to get the job done will pay for the cheapo grinder & disks,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #43 - 02/06/11 at 11:34:16

MotoBuddha wrote on 02/06/11 at 11:26:27:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/06/11 at 10:54:52:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk182/motobuddha/3bb3dfcf.jpg

I got a Ryobi angle grinder a few years ago that handles both grinding and cutting disks. The arbor has a slightly raised part the diameter of the disk holes. The nut also has a raised center part. When I used grinding disks, the raised center of the nut goes down. When I use cutting disks, the raised part goes up. No problem.

Of course, the handle can go on either side and the shroud rotates to whatever position I need, or I can remove it. Sometimes it would be nice if the motor and disk could reverse direction so the sparks shoot the preferred direction.

What did that little dude sat ya back? Looks like a fine toy,, err,, Tool,, ( gotta remember to NEVER refer to my tools as toys. The wife gets testy if she thinks Im havin too much fun building stuff)

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #44 - 02/06/11 at 11:37:17

I don't remember except that it was the cheapest one at Home Depot.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 15:45:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.