Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit??? (Read 1794 times)
sbaugz
Ex Member

Re: Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit???
Reply #15 - 02/01/11 at 05:01:23

i am on the list as of december too

IP Logged
Guy Perron
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 02/04/11 at 06:55:14

Hello everybody, longtime lurker, first-time contributer (if i can call this a contribution), my name is on the Ryca list since december.  I bought myself a 2003, 7,400km Savage.  It look so good, It was sad to tear it apart.  Now, its in pieces, I am waiting for the clip-on and the fork lowering kit, meanwhile the motor is going to a speedshop here in montréal for quatruple coronarian bypass ( cylinder bored, wiseco piston, head ported and a valve seat job.
This is a great site.
My main ride is a BMW R1200GS

p.s. sorry for the mistakes, English is not my main language

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #17 - 02/04/11 at 08:16:14

Salut Guy! Les félicitations sur l'achat de votre motocyclette! Soyez s'il vous plaît sur pour poster en haut quelques photographies quand vous ont accompli votre projet de conversion!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
bill67
Serious Thumper

old  tired

genoa city wisconsin
Reply #18 - 02/04/11 at 09:09:36

PerrydaSavage wrote on 02/04/11 at 08:16:14:
Salut Guy! Les félicitations sur l'achat de votre motocyclette! Soyez s'il vous plaît sur pour poster en haut quelques photographies quand vous ont accompli votre projet de conversion!

+1

william h krumpen
  IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #19 - 02/04/11 at 10:15:37

Quote:
That appendage in front of the engine is the stock shift lever, repurposed to manually operate the decompression valve on start-up and do away with the original solenoid and associated plumbing.

I'm not a huge cafe racer fan but the bike looks sweet and I'd love a little how-to on this specific mod.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #20 - 02/04/11 at 11:36:26

greenmonster wrote on 02/04/11 at 10:15:37:
Quote:
That appendage in front of the engine is the stock shift lever, repurposed to manually operate the decompression valve on start-up and do away with the original solenoid and associated plumbing.

I'm not a huge cafe racer fan but the bike looks sweet and I'd love a little how-to on this specific mod.

You can see the rod and I think lever extention at ryca motors.
In operation, step on the lever before starting, and as soon as it's spinning, take your foot off.

WWW   IP Logged
greenmonster

Hellooooo Nurse!

Vancouver BC
Reply #21 - 02/04/11 at 12:56:35

Okay, I'm still not a huge cafe racer fan, but after having spent a few minutes on the RYCA site, I could seriously get into building one of these! It looks like it could be a riot to do. Too bad Nessy is destined to be stretched rather than shrunk. Maybe if my tax return is big enough I'll think about looking for a different donor bike just to do this to.  Grin

IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #22 - 02/05/11 at 06:06:25

The latest update from Ryca says they'll be creating an official update thread here.

The latest word is that they'll be offering ungraded shocks and fork springs. The fork springs are beefier, but they didn't specify what the shock upgrade includes. Probably stiffer springs to go along with the stiffer front. The shocks will also be available in all black.

You'll have the choice of receiving your modified tank and Ryca's side covers and seat/tail finish painted (I assume black is the default color) or having them delivered unpainted so you can have them painted the way you want.

They are NOT RECOMMENDING chain conversion because there might be a clearance problem with the rear set controls bracket. The bracket fits between the swingarm pivot and lower loop of the drive belt. Since a chain sprocket would be smaller than the belt pulley, there would be less room for the bracket. Having studied their photo, I think the bottom of the bracket can be notched for clearance and reinforced, so I'm going ahead with the chain conversion.

« Last Edit: 02/05/11 at 09:31:57 by MotoBuddha »  

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #23 - 02/05/11 at 08:12:11

MotoBuddha wrote on 02/05/11 at 06:06:25:
They are NOT RECOMMENDING chain conversion because there might be a clearance problem with the rear set controls bracket. The bracket fits between the swingarm pivot and lower loop of the drive belt. Since a chain sprocket would be smaller than the belt pulley, there would be less room for the bracket. Having studied their photo, I think the bottom of the bracket can be notched for clearance and reinforced, so I'm going ahead with the chain conversion.

Thanks for pointing that out! Chain conversion has been on my mind. Smiley

I am going for the upgraded suspension.

I dont have any tools for the project. Anyone have any suggestions for a good cutting tool? Links and item names would be appreciated.

IP Logged
s40fan
YaBB Newbies

TX
Reply #24 - 02/05/11 at 08:24:18

I was considering a fork brace for my CS1 project bike. Anyone care to share thoughts or ideas on the benefits of a fork brace with a lowered front end and the upgraded stiffer springs?

I love pushing bikes hard in the twisties more than just cruising or going fast. I wont be going all out on this bike, but do plan on having some fun and want the best suspension and handling setup possible.

Thanks!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #25 - 02/05/11 at 08:24:41

Don't forget they are putting a rather tall wheel back there.

WWW   IP Logged
MotoBuddha
Serious Thumper

Let's roll!

Charlotte, NC
Reply #26 - 02/05/11 at 09:21:40

Yes, like from a stock 23.5" diameter to about 25.5"

So being able to experiment with final drive ratios is especially desirable.

Travel kills ignorance.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #27 - 02/05/11 at 09:31:13

s40fan wrote on 02/05/11 at 08:24:18:
I was considering a fork brace for my CS1 project bike. Anyone care to share thoughts or ideas on the benefits of a fork brace with a lowered front end and the upgraded stiffer springs?

I love pushing bikes hard in the twisties more than just cruising or going fast. I wont be going all out on this bike, but do plan on having some fun and want the best suspension and handling setup possible.

Thanks!

I imagine, since it's lowered, maybe better than a stock savage.
But if you want better, put a fork brace on, can't hurt.
On a stock savage, it's a great big step up.  It's kinda like walking on pipe stacked up on the floor.  Where it's laid up even, no problem.  Where it's uneven, you're walking a tightrope with a stiff cross breeze.

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 02/05/11 at 09:35:48

MotoBuddha wrote on 02/05/11 at 09:21:40:
Yes, like from a stock 23.5" diameter to about 25.5"

So being able to experiment with final drive ratios is especially desirable.

The tire I'm using is 25.4" and it's great with the stock drive belt.

WWW   IP Logged
Old School Again
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 02/05/11 at 11:40:27

verslagen1 wrote on 02/05/11 at 08:24:41:
Don't forget they are putting a rather tall wheel back there.

Does anyone know the oustside diameter of the stock rear wheel.  Of course it will change with different tires but with a stock tire.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 18:06:07

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Who is getting a RYCA CS-1 kit???

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.