Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Advice/comments? (NBR) (Read 690 times)
piglt

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Advice/comments? (NBR)
Reply #45 - 01/07/11 at 09:03:21

Haven't been on this site for a few days so haven't been "keeping up" I'm pretty much going through the same thing. I know it's not easy but it's just a fact of life now. Luckily my case is a little different. wasn't anyone else involved. Mine is dealing with some serious depression problems. At first it was shock, pissed, how dare you, all of it. Now it's just a fact I have to deal with. A few things I did that didn't change any thing but did help was I made sure people knew what was going on. Got a little sympathy from friends and family but they also understood what was going on. Second, I changed my house, his junk out, mine in. His 8 deer heads came off the living room wall, all of his turkey tails, his phesants, all laying on the basement floor. Gun cabnits got covered with sheets. My photos that I took were blown up framed and put up. His curio cleared out and all of my antique dishes came out of the closet and put out for show. Got rid of his sofa that he loved and got a totally different one His "junk" is pretty much shoved into one area of the house that I don't have to see on a daily bases. He can come and get it whenever. Basiclly I made "our" house my home. It does help!! His VStar Raider came out of the best parking spot in the garage, and shoved in between the tool box and the jeep and mine is in front in the "best" spot. Deleted all the pictures of him off of my camera and computer, number off of my cell. Pretty much everything he liked about this place no longer exist. When he said something about it I told him that this was my house now and he didn't like it he can either move in and change it back, or get himself a house just like this one and do anything he wants with his stuff. Our dog life's can probaly be counted in months instead of years and when I have to put him down he won't be called, he dumped on the dog too! But he will be called once it's over and down with. maybe. Bought a friend for the one cockatiel "we" had. Now "I" have two. Little things can make a difference.
Good luck I know it's not easy but life can go on Wink

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #46 - 01/07/11 at 10:05:54

PerrydaSavage wrote on 01/07/11 at 08:06:44:
No babyhog ... neither of us has filed for divorce ... in fact the word has yet to be mentioned between us. Here in Newfoundland most divorces are "no-fault" meaning all joint properties, assets, debts and the like are split 50/50 ... if child custody and/or child support isn't an issue. A divorce can be granted and issued by either partner after a legal separation of one year, non-contestable by the other party. Up here, you cannot legally argue infidelity, irreconcilable differences or anything like that as far as I know ... the cause of the split is legally irrelevant ...

Interesting.  Sounds pretty easy to get divorced.  Laws here have changed some over the years.  One has to file, then you get a court date to meet with a family law master, then he grants the divorce, if there are no objections, etc.  Papers are filed with the court and entered into record.  My divorce was fairly easy in that regard.  Over in about 10 weeks.  My current husband's divorce from his first wife took 18 months!  Different county, so the court dates were further apart each time.  And every time, she had some complaint, something else she wanted, anything to drag it out.  It was a nightmare.  (He thought they were divorced the first time we went out, only to find that she showed up at a court date "after" he had already talked to the judge, and she "cancelled" the proceedings)  Nowdays, here, if there are children from the marriage, parenting courses are mandatory and required by the state.  I think marriage counseling may be mandatory before someone can file too, but I'm not positive of that.  

Anyway, how do you determine the "legal seperation of one year"?  Is there a paper to document when that is?  Or do you use the date that you last lived together?  February isn't far away.  At that point are you just legally divorced without any court documents?  Or will she have to go to someone and have it court-ordered?  Maybe you need to ask her about it.  You need to open some dialogue with her.  Good or bad, you need the outcome...  me thinks.  Hang in there buddy.     

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #47 - 01/07/11 at 10:27:21

piglt ... I am very sorry to hear about your maritial troubles too ... you seem to be handling it quite different than I though!

babyhog ... here in Nfld. the legal separation date is usually the last date the couple lived together as a consentually married couple ... in March, my wife can serve me with divorce papers if she so wishes and then it's legally over and done with. A court date could be set, but I don't even have to show up to make it legal ... or our situation could be like that of one of my pals ... his wife of 6 years ran out on him back in '06 ... both have other live-in partners now yet they still haven't divorced ... they just live separate lives Shocked !
My wife's profession is that of a certified Legal Assistant (essentially same as Para-legal) and worked in the area of family law for a number of years ... so she knows all of the loopholes and could if she is so inclined, take me to the cleaners ... Roll Eyes

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #48 - 01/07/11 at 11:29:38

Quote:
here in Nfld. the legal separation date is usually the last date the couple lived together as a consentually married couple

The definition of date of sparation may vary, but in california, it doesn't mean you have to live in separate locations.  So as soon as you become consentually separated, the clock is rolling.

If she's agreeable, get it now.

My X was in a hurry to get it done and aggreeable.  A year later she looses her job.  The settlement would be a lot different if it were conducted today.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #49 - 01/09/11 at 00:52:39

Perry, It is 2:30 AM here in the South. I am full of muscle relaxers, oxycodone, ice cream and chocolate syrup. Life is good. My dr's nurse called Friday and said I "Flunked" the MRI. Then she laughed and told me they finally found something worth going after. I have been suffering for years with such a mess that no doctor could locate a specific place to gouge, scrape, drill, etc. Three herniated disks and vertabrae have migrated closing around spine and cutting off messages to lower legs. They have no choice but to go in now. Waiting for neurosurgeon brave or stupid enough to try it. I know I'm way past ready. Results are iffy, but it's a start. Looking forward to 8" of snow in Mississippi Mon-Tues. May cause me to have to wait a few days extra.

It seems we have some tender hearts on here with good advice. I know some professional counselors who do good work, but my point is not to go lay on a couch and tell all your troubles. I am talking about groups of people who share common problems. I am interested in keeping you positive and relieving some of your stress. The support groups I led consisted of 8-12 people who came just to learn, some to cry, others to understand what their loved ones are feeling. You don't get advice. You participate or not, as you choose. You take what you need and leave the rest. This Forum may be enough for you. I just know people who are living life and come to a screeching halt start missing old connections with humans first.

Anyway, enough about you. I'm wondering if I have surgery under Medicare (Obama Plan) and it's repealed by the new guys before the doctor releases me, can I get the doctor paid by one plan and get ME paid by the other one. Imagine what a pile of Savages I could buy for the price of back surgery.  Grin  Now guys, just kidding. Perry is the subject of this thread. Looking for beautiful snow and possible relief from years of being gripey from pain. Unless....I really am just gripey.  Embarrassed

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #50 - 01/09/11 at 19:10:58

thumperclone wrote on 01/04/11 at 13:28:12:
time for a road trip
see if reelthing can take you fishin in the gulf...

Great idea - in half a heart beat I'll take you fishing Perry - h3ll it's pretty cold in NewF now - take some vacation and head down to the fishing shack!

IP Logged
Wolfman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

SW Missouri
Reply #51 - 01/10/11 at 02:56:49

Perry, even in no fault states the judge usualy leans towards the woman.
ANY agreement NEEDS to be in writeing and have your lawyer look at it before signing. Fact is DO NOT sign anything untill your lawyer has looked at it!
If possible get evidance of the unfaithfullness of your spouse, for your OWN protection. Don't even tell her you have it unless needed.
Its a REAL GOOD idea not to even talk to her without a reliable witness for your protection.
Divorce brings out a nasty streak in women, even if their the one looking for it. Makes em go for EVERYTHING they think they can get their hands on. Sometimes their idea but usualy her lawyers idea. The longer he/she can drag it out and the more they can get her the more THEY get paid. PROTECT YOURSELF and ALL your property/money.
Even civil friendly divorces can take a bad turn. Sad

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #52 - 01/10/11 at 03:35:40

Boof my man, I hope and pray that your health problems get straightened out and that you are on the mend SOON!

Reelthing ... thank you for the invite my friend ... would love to be able to take you up on it, but I just started a new job and won't qualify for vacation time until this coming Fall ... you guys have a pretty decent motocycle rally down there around that time don't you?

Wolfman ... I hear you sir ... my wife and I haven't made any movement towards divorce ... yet ... communication between us is typically the occassional email and mostly prefunctionary ... but I hear what you're sayin' ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #53 - 01/10/11 at 05:23:00

Please don't just assume that women are out to take you for whatever they can.  Thanks Wolfman for clarifying that it can be the lawyers fault.  I filed for my divorce and didn't ask for anything.  Not even child support!  We split joint custody, so why should one spouse take money from the other, if care of the child is equal?  We sold our house, split the profit.  Only thing I "got" was first right to claim our child on my tax return, and we even noted that if it was more financially beneficial for him to claim him, we'd split the excess.  We did not involve lawyers.  It "can" be done.  We drew up papers ourselves, the law master reviewed and approved.  Done.  

In other words Perry, yes be careful, but be sensible too.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #54 - 01/10/11 at 05:37:53

Sensible and reasonable are the only ways I know how to play Babyhog! I've been told that I am "too" easy going at times ...

WWW   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #55 - 01/10/11 at 07:22:25

Yep, the LoneStar bike rally is scheduled for Nov 3-6 this year.
There’s a spare Savage if you need it. Kayaks to paddle around,
birds to watch, and a wine rack in the kitchen if sophistication is
needed. Or we can be complete heathens (my normal state) with
beach bonfires, beer drinking, talking trash, boats with motors for
inshore&offshore fishing, golfcart racing, and a 4-wheel drive truck
to retrieve anything that breaks, gets stuck, or in some cases has the
tires pointed up. The place has 4 real beds and a couple more that go
together quick if other Savage heathens were to show up. The fishing
is likely better say in June/July but it can be unbelievably hot/humid
then also.

Let’s make a plan.    

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #56 - 01/10/11 at 07:32:31

Perry, I just got through reading the FEB "Rider" mag. Good article about Newfoundland. If you can't get a copy PM me your address and I'll send you mine. Looks like a place I would love, but I'll never make it that far from home. Keep on chuggin'.  Boofer

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #57 - 01/10/11 at 07:43:28

Perry.. you gotta go see Reelthing and the fish shack.  Very nice place, really nice guy.   He thinks the fish are scared of me though..  I promise to stay on the beach (and probably catch more than you from the dock!  Grin )

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #58 - 01/10/11 at 08:32:35

I think it was the furry seat that scared um off by the way look here what done jumped in the boat last Friday before the cold front got here.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #59 - 01/10/11 at 09:18:50

They are nice. Good goin Gary. You coulda had more on the boat, if. IF Youda had me onboard.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 08:39:00

General CategoryThe Cafe › Advice/comments? (NBR)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.