PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Advice/comments? (NBR)
Reply #30 - 01/05/11 at 12:12:19

I would never criticize, demean or otherwise talk negatively about my wife to either of my girls, neither would I or have I done that to anyone else since all this went down 10 months ago ... I do not agree with what she's done and wish with all my heart that it didn't happen, but you don't talk smack about someone you love and care about. I'm not a religious person, but the vow love, honor and respect, for better and worse 'til death do part, I took seriously 22 years ago and still do ... I will discuss the situation with my daughter(s) one of these days when they are ready.

Ironically last summer after a visit with #1 daughter, she mentioned to her Mom that she was worried about me and was visibly upset ... next day wife emails me saying, "How dare I upset our daughter" ... like I did it to get at her or something?????????

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #31 - 01/05/11 at 14:01:38

I just know I will get stomped on for this, but if your are angry at her (and I  would be) get an 11 by 14 picture of her, hang it on the wall, and throw darts at it. After you have worked out your anger, take it down and throw it away. This will symbolize the end of the grieving process and will make you fell a whole lot better! Just don't let your daughter see it.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #32 - 01/05/11 at 17:35:47

I would never stomp ya for that opinion odmanout ... similar advice has been given me by others ... fact is, I've been told that in order for me to move on I WILL have to get angry at some point ... strangely that's an emotion I haven't experienced ... I've felt shock, numbness, sick to my stomach, fear, uncertainty, self-loathing, bone-crushing loneliness, loss, grief, apathy and probably a few other negative emotions since last February ... but anger hasn't been one of them? I honestly dunno what that sez about me ...

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #33 - 01/05/11 at 18:04:12

As most know I have been married 6 times ,and I have never bad mouthed any of them,I married them and loved them all,if I bad mouthed them it would show I didn't like them to start with.
I'm afraid and a little ashamed to say that none of them left me,it was always me doing the leaving,so in that regard I can be of no help to you.Get out and party hearty,you have alot to offer. And don't forget rule 1 ,use it or lose it.
I'm not giving advice I'm only telling you what I would do.
every morning get ready for work like you are going on a date,
brush teeth and gargle after breakfast,shave use a cologne, try a new hairstyle. buy a couple of new suits ,a dozen new ties ,highly polished shoes,I am told that all women look at guys shoes to make sure they are not down at the heel. Always buy the best YOU can afford in clothing.
teach yourself to cook at least two gourmet meals, become a wine snob (optional) at least know what wine goes with what,And always go for the best looking gal you can see , who knows if your ex sees you out with a real sexy gal ,she just might come back, but this time make her beg a bit  Wink

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #34 - 01/05/11 at 22:21:31

PerrydaSavage wrote on 01/05/11 at 17:35:47:
I would never stomp ya for that opinion odmanout ... similar advice has been given me by others ... fact is, I've been told that in order for me to move on I WILL have to get angry at some point ... strangely that's an emotion I haven't experienced ... I've felt shock, numbness, sick to my stomach, fear, uncertainty, self-loathing, bone-crushing loneliness, loss, grief, apathy and probably a few other negative emotions since last February ... but anger hasn't been one of them? I honestly dunno what that sez about me ...

Not feeling angry doesn't seem all that odd to me.  I don't remember feeling particularly mad at my ex at the time, aside from the fact that she didn't have the decency to cut me loose before she started taking the next model for test drives. Angry  Mostly like you said it was just shock and queasiness and so on.  To this day, the closest I've come to actually telling her off was to tell her that I hoped her and her new boyfriend treated each other the way they'd treated their spouses (both had committed adultery).  Satisfied my need to vent without losing my temper, and for once I left her speechless! Cheesy

Yeah, it'll likely take a while for life to get back to normal, took me quite awhile to realize it wasn't the end of my life, and that I could actually have fun without her.  Finding a hobby or charity or whatever to help fill time helps a lot.  In my case it was OT at work, which wasn't the best thing, but it took my mind off stuff.

The point of this rambling?  I forget, but anyway, life goes on, and from looking at this post, you gotta lot of people to help you out, or just lend an ear.
Smiley

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #35 - 01/06/11 at 00:30:33

mick my man, you remind me of my father-in-law ... married 4 times and working on the fifth! I do appreciate your input though ... and not bad-mouthing your Exes is a class act IMHO. As for the whole "puttin' on the ritz" as far as attire and stuff ... well, lets just say that when it comes to clothes, it's comfort all the way for me ... I'm a seriously laid-back, casual, "t-shirt and jeans kinda guy" ... prefer hikers and motorcycle boots to shoes. As I pointed out in a previous post, I've never been exactly "forward" with the ladies either! LOL!! New hairstyle?!! ... that's very likely near impossible at this point in my life! LOL!!

John (I see you are a FSO too) ... like you, my wife didn't have the decency to cut me loose before taking test drives either ... she's now on her second "beau" since last Feb. I like the line you used on your Ex and her boyfriend ... hope you don't mind if I file that one away for possible future plagarism?

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #36 - 01/06/11 at 07:59:40

Perry, I really appreciate the fact that you seem even tempered. Your wife may claim your daughter and even take her. I didn't get her age. Your wife is not being the caring, responsible, adult. Your daughter needs to know who is doing right. You need to be that person. Any attempts at revenge just make you look small. I have been married to the first, same, and only one for 34 years. And no, I don't roll over at the first sign of agression. I am the guy who whipped bullies in school for picking on the weak. You have my admiration for trying to do what is right. You have good instincts. Go with them. Your children need, at any age, to know they have a secure family. Be the caring, loving parent, even though it hurts.
I have a friend who is 40 years old. She has three daughters and is dying with Mesothelioma. Husband left. Her sister's son wrecked his truck and is paralyzed from the chest down. All this plus driving from Ms to Tx for cancer treatments. We have been helping her at home. I am due for an MRI today after 30+ yrs of severe back pain. Right foot quit last week--just don't work. I would love to have surgery and get well, but I know better. Been here before. Severely depressed. I know a month from now, I'll look at this in a different light. Life ain't fair. But it does have its moments. God bless you. I'll try to check back in when I can. Onward, upward, forward. Don't retreat into hate. Boofer  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #37 - 01/06/11 at 09:38:32

I dont agree that in order to be done with an event in life that was wrongly put on us, we must at some point get angry. Anger is poison, the least amount you can have in life, the better. Psychologists dont know anything, really, they think they do & theyve convinced the masses they do. There are somethings that work & are true but they dont translate into some overall picture that the shrinks have all figured out. We are all different. You be you. Youre cool. Stay that way.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #38 - 01/06/11 at 14:26:41

Jeeze Boofer ... it is true that no matter how bad ya think your story is, there's always someone else who has it worse ... I hope that things work out for you too my buddy!

BTW Boof, my (natural) daughter is 20 yrs old, so is an adult and free to make her own choices. She has chosen to live with her Mom. I totally respect that and also realize that she finds it difficult being around me much these past months because she finds the situation weird and I'm really not "functioning" properly yet ...

Justin, Boofer ... agreed, anger is a short-term gratification emotion for the most part ... I can probably count the number of times in my life that I have actually been angry on one hand. Neither am I a vengeful person; revenge doesn't interest me. I am not perfect though, I do have my personality quirks (just like everyone else), but I really am not into confrontation for it's own sake. I do value, loyalty, honesty and respect ... the 3 core values of mine that seem to have been trampled thru all of this? All that said, I am a forgiving person ... I have never been able to hold a grudge ... I love my wife unconditionally and would forgive her if she'd give us a chance ...  but she is stubborn and has a lot of pride, so that is unlikely ... which is a real shame.

I also agree that most Psychologists are full of B.S.!! LOL!!

WWW   IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #39 - 01/06/11 at 15:33:34

any chance she'd go to counseling with you?  you obviously still love her - if she can get herself straightened out in the head and change the behavior - is there anything done you could not forgive?  i know it doesn't usually work that way, but i think reconciliation should be the "best case scenario".  - but she's got to change!

i'm not trying to preach to you!  i can't imagine how painful this has to be - just wondering if it's an option that could be considered?

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #40 - 01/06/11 at 17:20:45

runwyrlph wrote on 01/06/11 at 15:33:34:
any chance she'd go to counseling with you?

Been down that road, and what's been said is true... "last toll before exit".

Quote:
"How dare I upset our daughter"

Quote:
I also agree that most Psychologists are full of B.S.!!

It might help if SHE went to a psychologists, but as a couple... I doubt it will help.

WWW   IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #41 - 01/06/11 at 22:57:20

PerrydaSavage wrote on 01/06/11 at 00:30:33:
mick my man, you remind me of my father-in-law ... married 4 times and working on the fifth! I do appreciate your input though ... and not bad-mouthing your Exes is a class act IMHO. As for the whole "puttin' on the ritz" as far as attire and stuff ... well, lets just say that when it comes to clothes, it's comfort all the way for me ... I'm a seriously laid-back, casual, "t-shirt and jeans kinda guy" ... prefer hikers and motorcycle boots to shoes. As I pointed out in a previous post, I've never been exactly "forward" with the ladies either! LOL!! New hairstyle?!! ... that's very likely near impossible at this point in my life! LOL!!

John (I see you are a FSO too) ... like you, my wife didn't have the decency to cut me loose before taking test drives either ... she's now on her second "beau" since last Feb. I like the line you used on your Ex and her boyfriend ... hope you don't mind if I file that one away for possible future plagarism?

Feel free to use the quote, I was fairly proud of it at the time. Grin  A lot of coworkers and friends told me they were surprised I handled it as well as I did in fact.  I say coworkers, because she worked at the same company as me, same department too, only in the office.  And her new flame was her boss, our supervisor! Roll Eyes  If I'd only had a dead dog, they coulda wrote a country song about me! Cheesy

Nothing wrong with dressing comfy, I rock the t-shirts and flannel shirts most of the time.  Hairstyles?  Heck, I had a mullet up until about 4 years ago Tongue (all of it's long now-enjoy it while I got it!).  I figure if a woman doesn't like me just because of my clothes or car or whatever, she's too superficial for my tastes.  'Course I'm not exactly a ladies man, so might not be the best advice to follow! Huh

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #42 - 01/07/11 at 03:22:19

Counciling was one of the first things I suggested after she dropped "The Bomb" ... got an emphatic "NO" ... have since read on a few of the many websites devoted to marital break up, infidelity, mid-life crisis, etc. that 99% of the time a refusal by the walk-away spouse to engage in relationship counciling means that they are afraid of being "talked out of" their decision to end the relationship (which means that they may have doubts about their decision) or, they are already engaged in another relationship that has not been disclosed (meaning they are afraid of being found out and then having to answer questions about "why" they decided to have an affair in the first place). Not going to counciling allows the leaving spouse to walk away without actually having to face what they've done IMHO ...

As for reconciliation ... she came to me late last July and actually brought that up (it was immediately after she and her affair called it off) and at her suggestion, we had planned to attend a rock concert together the following weekend ... ironic because we met at a rock concert 25 years ago and continued to enjoy live music events together right up until a month or so before the split ... however a day or so before we were to go to the show, out of the blue, she called the "date" off and the ice curtain was lowered again and has not been raised since ...

WWW   IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #43 - 01/07/11 at 05:08:57

Have either of you actually filed for divorce?  (I assume that is something that you have to do in Canada too).  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #44 - 01/07/11 at 08:06:44

No babyhog ... neither of us has filed for divorce ... in fact the word has yet to be mentioned between us. Here in Newfoundland most divorces are "no-fault" meaning all joint properties, assets, debts and the like are split 50/50 ... if child custody and/or child support isn't an issue. A divorce can be granted and issued by either partner after a legal separation of one year, non-contestable by the other party. Up here, you cannot legally argue infidelity, irreconcilable differences or anything like that as far as I know ... the cause of the split is legally irrelevant ...

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 13:11:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › Advice/comments? (NBR)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.