Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
stories of bugs (Read 291 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: stories of bugs
Reply #30 - 12/07/10 at 10:40:26

Not really a bug story, but when a pheasant flies into the passenger side of a car at highway speed, the passenger ends up in the driver's seat. Still not real sure how I managed to keep that one on the road. (This was in the days of bench seats, and no seat belts.)

« Last Edit: 12/07/10 at 12:29:23 by mornhm - FSO »  
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #31 - 12/07/10 at 14:54:01

I used to do that with bumble bees and thread! Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
John_D FSO
Serious Thumper

Ridin' and smilin'

Vancouver, WA
Reply #32 - 12/08/10 at 00:30:11

I've had some pretty good sized bugs crack on the FF shield before I got my windshield, some made a pretty colorful mess. Grin  My worst bug incident happened in the same stretch of road as my closest call with a bird too.  The bug was something with a stinger that went up my left jacket sleeve and started stinging me in the inside of my elbow.  Held the clutch in and coasted to the side of the road while trying to smash it with my right hand.  Got pulled over and out of the jacket, and shook something dark and smooshed out of it.  Thinking it was a yellowjacket since I ended up with a couple little welts that itched, which is my standard reaction to wasps.

The bird was almost in the same spot, cruising along at about 40 mph, with my buddy behind me.  Bird came cruising in from the right and right in front of my face, cleared me by probably less than a foot. Shocked  Friend said he thought for sure I was going to hit it! Grin

'07 ElectraGlide.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 22:59:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › stories of bugs

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.