Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Enough is Enough. (Read 654 times)
Lupo

Re: Enough is Enough.
Reply #15 - 11/24/10 at 09:45:30

Since the Libs and ACLU condemn profiling but can't seem to come up with a better solution to insure air travel safety it seems the other option is don't fly. Like so many aspects of living in a society we have rules. Flying is an option, even birds can walk if they choose.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #16 - 11/24/10 at 09:47:53

"Anyone who knows anything about the effective counter terrorism measures needed also knows that profiling is the only way to accomplish even a modicum of effectiveness."

Timothy McVeigh: Registered Republican, white Christian.

Next April will be the fifthteenth anniversary of the worst act of domestic terrorism in US history. On April 19, 1995 Timothy McVeigh blew up the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people including a day care center filled with babies and small children, and injuring over 800. McVeigh, a former soldier, was connected with the radical right militias and soaked up many of his ideas from books, pamphlets and tracts that circulated in the militia movement (now called the "Teabagger" movement)??

Timothy McVeigh: American Citizen, Registered Republican, white Christian.
Lets profile white Christians? American citizens? Registered Republicans?

The terrorists have won. we are now afraid of our own shadows. We accept government intrusion into our very underwear as we are X-rayed, groped, and felt up by government goons while trying to board public transportation. We don't bat an eye at long lines and delays of our everyday affaires.

What has this country come to?

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #17 - 11/24/10 at 09:52:42

"What has this country come to?"

So say the libs and ACLU.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #18 - 11/24/10 at 10:07:52

PS

Was James Earl Ray an Arab Muslim?

Was Eric Rudolph an Arab Muslim?

Was the Assassin of JFK an Arab Muslim?

What about the people who tried to car bomb Darrel Issa, were they Arab Muslims?

Were the 700 Muslims who died in the WTC terrorists?

Racial profiling (AKA racism) is never justified.

IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #19 - 11/24/10 at 10:24:50

...so we should ?  Doing nothing is just that. Got an answer or just a complaint?

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #20 - 11/24/10 at 11:00:16

Lifter -

My Friend, there are obviously not only exceptions to any general rule of thumb, there are also examples which do not creat an analagy.  You have cited both.

Of course not all criminals are Muslims, nor are all Arab or Muslims criminals.

We're talking about a very specific threat to a very specific thing - air transporation.  And if you re-read my earlier post, you will note that I said we should profile behavior of passengers, along with other traits, particularly when suspect behavior coincides in a person who has other suspect traits, which may or may not include his appearance.

You are far too hung up on racism.  You read it into far too much.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
buttgoat1
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 11/24/10 at 11:07:45

easy way to fix this, just use the muslim opt out option and pat down yourself.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #22 - 11/24/10 at 16:27:30

Jerry, back in the 70s when I was an Air Marshal (we were called Sky Marshals back then,) the sky-jackers were all wanting to go to Cuba (political statement,) or wanting money and a parachute (extortion)...remember DB Cooper?

We used a profile system back then before folks boarded the aircraft. It was a white male, between the ages of 18 and 35, traveling alone, buying a one-way ticket, and paying cash. They were asked to step behind a curtain and have a magnetometer run over them.

Just thought I would add that to the discussion...oh, by the way, the people who raised the most hell about the profiling procedure were....drum roll....lawyers.

IP Logged
photojoe FSO
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

I did warn you to
brace yourself

New Jersey
Reply #23 - 11/24/10 at 17:57:19

I refuse to live in fear. I still cringe when I'm told to take my shoes off going through security. We look like a bunch of idiots walking through the line in socks or bare feet. Give me liberty or give me death, but don't humiliate me and tell me you're doing it to make me safer. We are giving up liberties in the name of safety. Hogwash. Rubbish.

Our newspaper has a question we ask our readers every week. The question last week was if people are bothered by the new scanner or pat down when flying. 9 out of 10 said something to the effect of "it doesn't bother me if it makes us safer." Idiots. Kind of like the Cop asking if it's OK to search our cars; "If you have nothing to hide why not?" Well, that's hardly the point. We have this piece of paper, you know, the one that is called the Bill of Rights. The 4th Amendment guarantees us against unlawful search and seizure. They need probable cause to search us.

I shot a job back sometime back, if I remember around 2004 dwn at the FAA Facility in Atlantic City. It was about these new bomb detectors that a passenger would walk through. You stop and a puff of air would hit you and be able to detect any traces of bomb making material. Where the hell are they? They had 4 different models when I was there. And what about bomb sniffing dogs? Brilliant animals in leu of the grabbing of the happy sack. I'm fed up.

I like Archie Bunker's views on gun control and flying:

FSO
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #24 - 11/24/10 at 18:31:08

Couldn't agree more.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #25 - 11/24/10 at 19:56:04

This Pavlog-dog crap must end. Americans have surrendered their rights to fear and false security and neither the Cons or the Dems have any intention of EVER returning them.

Patriot Acts 1 and 2, the Military Commissions Act, and der Department of Homeland Security are not aimed at a few mad genius cave dwellers with laptops and cell phones. The entire legal might and weaponry of our government is aimed at us and all of our communications, purchasing patterns, and movements are monitored 24/7.

Isn't it funny that the aircraft cargo holds, the far greater target is still not given the same scrutiny as our underpants?

We should just act like nothing has happened, stop pretending every person getting on a plane next to you is a murderer, stop inspecting every piece of halloween candy thinking some junkie is going to give up his sh!t to spike a lollipop...  stop teaching you kids to avoid strangers even though 99.9999999% of them are not bad, just in case they meet that one bad guy...

This TSA crapolla is playing right into the tight assed paranoid persona that I really hope America refuses to become.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #26 - 11/24/10 at 22:12:16

photojoe FSO wrote on 11/24/10 at 17:57:19:
I refuse to live in fear. I still cringe when I'm told to take my shoes off going through security. We look like a bunch of idiots walking through the line in socks or bare feet. Give me liberty or give me death, but don't humiliate me and tell me you're doing it to make me safer. We are giving up liberties in the name of safety. Hogwash. Rubbish.

Our newspaper has a question we ask our readers every week. The question last week was if people are bothered by the new scanner or pat down when flying. 9 out of 10 said something to the effect of "it doesn't bother me if it makes us safer." Idiots. Kind of like the Cop asking if it's OK to search our cars; "If you have nothing to hide why not?" Well, that's hardly the point. We have this piece of paper, you know, the one that is called the Bill of Rights. The 4th Amendment guarantees us against unlawful search and seizure. They need probable cause to search us.

I shot a job back sometime back, if I remember around 2004 dwn at the FAA Facility in Atlantic City. It was about these new bomb detectors that a passenger would walk through. You stop and a puff of air would hit you and be able to detect any traces of bomb making material. Where the hell are they? They had 4 different models when I was there. And what about bomb sniffing dogs? Brilliant animals in leu of the grabbing of the happy sack. I'm fed up.

I like Archie Bunker's views on gun control and flying:

& Heeeres your answer.

They WANT to force the people to accept being humiliated. Its called conditioning. Wait till ya see what that crappity smackINGBITCH wants to do, Napolitano, Janet, the single sorriest woman alive.

Now shes wanting MOOD Detectors, to Analyze people to see if the Harbor Malice..

Read: If someone is Pisstawf over the BS.

Its a GAME people,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #27 - 11/25/10 at 05:58:03

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #28 - 11/25/10 at 06:09:40

Here's to you all who consider yourselves at risk because of the bad bearded guys:

US CITIZED STOPPED AT ROME AIRPORT WITH KNIFE BLADE HIDDEN IN SHOE
ISRAELI NATIONAL ARRESTED AT ITALIAN AIRPORT WITH 29 LIVE RIFLE ROUNDS IN HIS CABIN BAGGAGE

A US citized was stopped yesterday night when Police found a 4" knife blade cleverly concealed inside a pair of hiking boots with a reinforced sole.

Only a few hours later, a 54 y.o. Israeli National was arrested yesterday at Fiumicino Airport, Rome, when the Police found one combat rifle magazine (Galil) with 29 live rounds cal. 5.56 (.203 Winchester) tucked away in a side pocket of his cabin baggage.
He was flying to TelAviv.

They were both trucked away (separately) and spent the night in jail awaiting interrogation by the Magistrates.

This happened at the Security gate in Terminal 5, which was specially built after 9/11 at the request of US and Israeli governments.
So much for so much, talk about common sense...  Lips Sealed

http://www.tgcom.mediaset.it/cronaca/articoli/articolo496737.shtml
http://notizie.it.msn.com/italia/articolo.aspx?cp-documentid=155351248
http://it.reuters.com/article/topNews/idITMIE6AO07P20101125

I looked for these news in Reuters and CNN but could not find them yet.

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #29 - 11/25/10 at 10:09:42

The Japanese are having a big laugh over our TSA antics, but hey, this is funny stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kMDMGGiaX0

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 02:33:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Enough is Enough.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.