Send Topic Print
Miata (Read 96 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Miata
11/27/10 at 12:24:46

Mick, I want to talk about that car. I am, & have been for a long time, interested in a sports car. My wife simply is Not motorcycle material but she enjoys the open air sensation just like everyone Ive ever met. Soo,,

What kinda MPG you get? I dont think Ive ever heard a bad word about those little cars being a maintenance headache.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: Miata
Reply #1 - 11/27/10 at 13:33:11

I get 30 mpg and I am a bit of a led foot. Speed ? I did get 90 out of it but I ran out of road and I had plenty more throttle left ,I would say over a ton. the top comes down in seconds and up in 30 seconds,unless you are having a cloud burst then it takes about 2 minutes (I'm kidding). their are many Miata clubs around ,that have rally's and track racing, I was going to join the Portland club but these guys go on these tours and get togethers but they stay at real fancy hotels $120 a night at least, to rich for my blood,they seemed a bit snobby to me ,and I had enough of that sh1t in England. so I make up my own tours,after all I am at heart a motocyclist and a loner by nature. you guys are my only friends,all many miles away,suits me fine.
So far I cant tell you about maintainance I have never had a problem.
you know I am a fannatic about oil changes,and do it every 2000 miles,including the manuel gear box ,transmission to you guys.
I think you wife will love it ,and so will you,Oh ! and it handles like a dream, buy one ,enjoy one, do some quiet shopping so you have one by spring time.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #2 - 11/27/10 at 13:37:31

not bad for a 93 huh ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/27/10 at 14:21:42

Theres a red one 4 sale for 2500, looks good, according to the SIL. Its for sale where he works.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #4 - 11/27/10 at 17:16:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/27/10 at 14:21:42:
Theres a red one 4 sale for 2500, looks good, according to the SIL. Its for sale where he works.

what year is it ? millage ? tires ? shape of convertable top?
do you have a picture ?       I don't know how long these engines are supposed to last, I have 102 K on mine they say they should be good for 185 K  depending on the usual stuff. But you can buy a Jap engine for $900 with 45 K,I think that is the law in japan, they have to pull at that milage and sell it to the yanks. they sure did well after losing the war.
What happened to the days when you won a war the country you beat is yours ?

mickrowe37   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/27/10 at 19:48:20

What happened to the days when you won a war the country you beat is yours ?

Well, Mick Now youve gone & done it.. Now, what we're gonna hafta do is, stop & have a look at the way things got done.

IF ya have a real close look at the treaties & stuff from the end of WWII, I think you'll discover there are some loose ends left hanging out & that because of the way WWII was handled at the end ( Which, as you point out, is quite different from any major conflict in history that I was told about, where the conquerors took possession of the conquered
"To the victor go the spoils" remember?)

Study & understand the Emergency & War powers Act, because that is the basis for much of what's being done today.

Once again, Mick's mind is wanting answers not found in the "Common Knowledge" files. Thats 2 in as many days, Mick..

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #6 - 11/29/10 at 06:49:51

Mick -

When I test drove a Miata many years ago (one of the early ones) I had a problem with seeing out.

I'm only 5' 11" tall, but the top rail of the windscreen was right at my eye level.

Also, my fat butt wasn't comfy in the seats, since that one I drove had those seats with the sides of the seats that are turned up a little, and my butt didn't fit between them.  I forget what they call that style of seat - hope you know what I mean.

Maybe the later ones have those issues resolved.

I know what you mean about the snobs  -  one of my wife's girlfriends and her husband are big Triumph car people - there have a perfect TR-4A, and a TR-3A.  They are nice people, but most of the others in the local Triumph club are snobs.  I went to one meeting with them years ago and decided that if I were to get a TR again, I wouldn't join that club.

I have a fondness in my heart for the old English cars.  I don't know why - since I'm not a mechanic and can't repair them myself, owning one, for me, would be a huge money pit.

My first ever car was a 1959 Bugeye (Frog eye to you) Sprite.  Then I owned a TR-3A, Sunbeam Alpine, Jag 150, MGA, and many VWs.  Guess I've always liked foreign cars.  At age 63, I've only had 3 American cars in my lifetime.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #7 - 11/29/10 at 07:56:14

Only 5' 11" eh ,well i'm only 5' 7" so I don't have that problem,my B/in law is 6 foot he had no problem, but then he as skinny as a rail,
We all are ,thanks to my Sisters keep us all alive diet.
I know you have had a convertable or two, they are not noted for good visability when the top is up,back and sides , but the bar accross the top of windshield ,I don't think it will be a problem for you on these later models. Remember Jerry the Miata was based on the English sports car, and we are a race of short asses, I am concidered average in England. Oh and the seats are very comfy for me , another English
trait we are not known for portly bums.Hope that helps.

mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 04:01:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Miata

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.