Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
25 years today w/o booze. Anyone else? (Read 239 times)
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Re: 25 years today w/o booze. Anyone else?
Reply #30 - 10/12/10 at 21:24:17

Jerry Eichenberger wrote on 10/12/10 at 08:01:18:
I've cut down drinking quite a bit since my youth, but thnakfully, I don't have a problem with it.  I usually have 2 martinis or scotchs with dinner.

I smoked a pipe heavily until July 29th, 2004 at 4:30 PM when I had my onset of angina which led to getting two stents in my left anterior descending artery.

As for lung cancer - there are other causes beyond tobacco.  My mother's family were, or in most cases, still are Appalachian Hillbillies in Southern Ohio.

They are, for the most part, fairly devout Mormons ( although I'm not - I'm Catholic ).  That means they don't drink or smoke.

Two of my mother's sisters died of lung cancer - they didn't ever smoke, their husbands didn't; they were never around even second hand smoke.  Sure, smokers have a greatly incresaed risk of lung cancer, but it isn't the only cause.

Jerry I read this yestarday on yahoo news,"implanting a device called a stent in neck arteries is more likely to cause a stroke or death than surgically removing life-threatening blockages.US researchers said on monday". You might want to have a word with your Doctor,see what he says.

« Last Edit: 10/12/10 at 23:18:33 by mick »  

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Lupo

Reply #31 - 10/12/10 at 21:33:33

Hey Mick. This aging process " golden years ", ain't all it's cracked up to be  is it?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  
Screw the angel.....RIDE!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged
mick
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Hell-bound

Dayton Oregon
Reply #32 - 10/12/10 at 23:33:05

Lupo wrote on 10/12/10 at 21:33:33:
Hey Mick. This aging process " golden years ", ain't all it's cracked up to be  is it?  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  
Screw the angel.....RIDE!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think we have the Silver years to look forward to,and then we go into what is called our Dottage,if we live long enough.
Reminds me of the two buddies at the rest home ,they grabbed there walkers and struggled down to the dining room ,they stood at the entrance looking for a table,and bill was noticing just about every one was hacking and coughing with fluids leeking from every orafice,and Bill said to his pal ,  "do you know Jim if we had been heavy drinkers and heavy smokers and generally abused our bodies,we would have missed all this.

Science and Logic fly you to the moon,
Religion makes you fly into skyscrapers
mickrowe37   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 18:14:16

General CategoryThe Cafe › 25 years today w/o booze. Anyone else?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.