s40 Fuel Gauge? (Read 960 times)
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Re: s40 Fuel Gauge?
Reply #45 - 10/20/14 at 08:40:41

I would, if they didn't take it as an adversisement for "free gas, nobody's looking!"

It is not a locking cap, just press on, pull off.

Still, in a perfect world...  Roll Eyes

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 10/20/14 at 09:48:30

Good point,Pesci. Gas isn't YET the price of gold over here.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
savskad

Be the best you can
be

Austin, TX
Reply #47 - 10/22/14 at 07:28:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/20/14 at 09:48:30:
Good point,Pesci. Gas isn't YET the price of gold over here.

I got lucky and apparently caught an Exxon Corporate price glitch, got it at $2.839 a gallon. I guess that's not the record low though. Anyways I was happy.

2014 Suzuki Boulevard S40

The views and opinions expressed on this post reply are solely the opinion of savskad, no disrespect is ever intended, unless otherwise specified.
Wink
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #48 - 10/22/14 at 17:44:56

Gas is going down. It was $2.599 here the other day.

Hope it keeps this up.  Now I wish Kerosene would follow suit.  It's $4.59 here.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #49 - 10/23/14 at 07:39:31

Steve H wrote on 10/22/14 at 17:44:56:
Gas is going down. It was $2.599 here the other day.

Hope it keeps this up.  Now I wish Kerosene would follow suit.  It's $4.59 here.

Shocked

How can kerosene be twice the price of gasoline...

...when you need to refine ( = distill) kerosene/diesel in order to obtain gasoline ?

It's like selling wine half price compared to grapes...
...or french fries half price compared to fresh potatoes...
Huh
It just doesn't make any sense...

Here's the process:

Follow the flow of crude oil, you will see the final products are naphta, light gas oil, heavy gas oil and (solid) residue.
The point is naphta here is actually the light tar and pitch agglomerates that will float (the substance used to tar roads), "gas oil" is also known as "gasolio" or "diesel fuel".
In other words, combustible oils which all require detonation - diesel engines of all sorts.

You need to put those oils into a second process to obtain more tar&pitch, heavy residue and gasoline.

In other words, the Big Oil system is cheating. Here in Europe diesel is always cheaper than gasoline. In the 1970's diesel was 1/3rd the price of gasoline.
These days pump prices have leveled because of all the crazy taxes, but there is still about 10% difference.
Note:

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #50 - 10/23/14 at 08:16:00

Well.....this might be getting a bit off topic from the fuel gauge thread...but most likely kerosene is higher priced for a couple of reasons.

1)  The sales volume of kerosene is very low.  The dedicated pump, tank, and delivery for kerosene sales cannot be distributed over a large amount of sales....and the kerosene pump stays dormant for 8 months of the year.  In our area the sales most likely is only November through February.
2)  The Kerosene sold in this area is highly refined - as a lot of folks are using it in the wick style heaters and space heaters that are not vented.  It is equivalent to JetA fuel I have been told by a fellow that sells kerosene heaters and lamps.  Instead of buying expensive lamp oil - he would buy JetA and sell it to his customers.

I do know that we bought a diesel Jetta in 2000, and diesel fuel was under a dollar a gallon.  Then not long after that the diesel fuel became "low sulpher"....and before long the price went up over $4 a gallon.

I believe one of the reasons our kerosene and diesel fuel have become expensive....is the process to remove the sulpher.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Albert Verdugo

Riding is freedom!

Baja California
Reply #51 - 10/31/14 at 20:06:51

Finally I decided to replace OEM petcock with the raptor's petcock

Original petcock

Release gasoline in to a bowl

OEM vs raptor's

With the new petcock

Then insert a screw with silicone into the vacuum line

And then with more silicon put the plastic cap that came with the raptor's petcock

This is the silicon I used

I just need to wait 24 hours to be sure silicon dries. And run some tests. (the silicon cap it is just a temporary solution, just until I find a cap for the vacuum line)

It took, like 10 minutes!

IP Logged
Albert Verdugo

Riding is freedom!

Baja California
Reply #52 - 11/10/14 at 18:41:02

Dave wrote on 10/16/14 at 05:13:47:
Albert Verdugo wrote on 10/15/14 at 19:47:36:
The idea is to lower maximize the ride without having to change to reserve.

Forgot to mention. compared to other motorcycles I owned, in this I need to chance to reserve to quicky, when the tank is at half.

On the Kentucky back roads......30 miles between stations in the rural areas is not uncommon.

If you have to switch to reserve at half a tank......it sounds like you are about ready to need a switch to the manual Raptor petcock.  The diaphragm in your stock petcock must not be working properly.  

HI DAVE, I change the petcock at last and the bike runs perfectly TNX Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 08:25:37

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › s40 Fuel Gauge?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.