Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Jets Jets Jets!
Reply #15 - 07/23/09 at 04:24:06

ralfyguy wrote on 07/22/09 at 17:45:25:
ralfyguy wrote on 07/21/09 at 10:24:42:
Which pilot jet makes the idle circuit more rich? With bleed holes or without?

Does anybody know?

The TYPE of pilot jet, bleed type or non-bleed type, does not cause a more or less rich mixture.  With either one, the same amount of fuel is delivered.  The difference is ... as some claim, thus the design difference ... that the bleed type makes for a smoother transition from idle to 1/4 throttle compared to the non-bleed type.

Its kind of a tom-aa-toe  vs  tom-ah-toe kind of thing.

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #16 - 07/23/09 at 04:58:46

LANCER wrote on 07/23/09 at 04:24:06:
ralfyguy wrote on 07/22/09 at 17:45:25:
ralfyguy wrote on 07/21/09 at 10:24:42:
Which pilot jet makes the idle circuit more rich? With bleed holes or without?

Does anybody know?

The TYPE of pilot jet, bleed type or non-bleed type, does not cause a more or less rich mixture.  With either one, the same amount of fuel is delivered.  The difference is ... as some claim, thus the design difference ... that the bleed type makes for a smoother transition from idle to 1/4 throttle compared to the non-bleed type.

Its kind of a tom-aa-toe  vs  tom-ah-toe kind of thing.

Well I tried the #55 Pilot with bleed holes versus the #52.5 stock without. With the #52.5 I have afterfire and popping on decel, Mixture screw about two turns out. With the #55 it running way too rich, like you drive it with the choke pulled all the time, even with mixture screw all the way in. But no popping and afterfire anymore. So I wondered if there's a #55 without bleed holes to see how this one works. I actually need one in between 52.5 and 55, but there is no such thing.

IP Logged
DirtySavage
YaBB Newbies

Wow, wow.. Pow, pow!

Reply #17 - 07/23/09 at 07:10:16

If i'm not mistaken, what I have read in other posts, you should re adjust your mixture screw and throttle cable until you find a happy median.  With the larger pilot installed that is.

It seems that once your close to the correct jetting, the rest is fine tuning, the difference between high idle and low.  And from reading...... that is a mixture screw adjustment.

Can't wait to get the jets for my wifes bike...

Trent

IP Logged
ralfyguy
Serious Thumper

Reply #18 - 07/23/09 at 10:39:47

DirtySavage wrote on 07/23/09 at 07:10:16:
If i'm not mistaken, what I have read in other posts, you should re adjust your mixture screw and throttle cable until you find a happy median.  With the larger pilot installed that is.

It seems that once your close to the correct jetting, the rest is fine tuning, the difference between high idle and low.  And from reading...... that is a mixture screw adjustment.

Can't wait to get the jets for my wifes bike...

Trent

That is exactly what I tried. The #55 jet was too rich with black smoke at idle, even with the mixture screw all the way in. This was as lean as it gets for that size jet. Getting the #52.5 stock jet as rich as possible was still not enough to get it running rich enough to run right. Even with the mixture screw out about 4-5 turns, and it still ran too lean. Not as bad as before, but the idle was fluctuating all over the place. I had to constantly adjust it up and down. The carb is clean as a whistle. I wonder if I could order another stock 52.5 jet and make the hole bigger, so it would be in the middle between 52.5 and 55. Does anybody know what size holes the different jets have?

IP Logged
voldigicam

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 07/24/09 at 07:36:32

We used to use jewelers tapered reamers to custom fit jets.  Start with two slightly small.  progressively ream one until it's just past optimum, then ream the other to optimum and use it.  Works great, if you dont' mind taking a carb down many times.

2007 S40
2003 Volusia 40th Ann.
Friendsville, TN
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 23:19:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Jets Jets Jets!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.