Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
LS650 Savage. Wont start (Read 340 times)
Skreature
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: LS650 Savage. Wont start
Reply #15 - 12/03/08 at 06:12:07

Yesterday evening i tried the carb vacuum line thing, and.. it worked! i had to ajust the screw (i think its the idle screw) a little, to get it running, but its working quite well now. When i was back home i did put the cable back in place, and reconnected it. Then i suddently remembered that the cable wasnt that far in the time before, so i think the problem is halfway solved now. Today i tried the bike, and it worked fine! except a little bouncing\choking (i dont know the word in english) The other thing i saw was that the carb was totally wet at the outside, turned out to be gasoline (that was yesterday, when the bike was on pri). Dont think thats really normal is it?

THanks for your help btw, it helped me in a BIG way!
Thanks!

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #16 - 12/03/08 at 19:26:38

Skreature wrote on 12/03/08 at 06:12:07:
Yesterday evening i tried the carb vacuum line thing, and.. it worked!....

Hi SK,

Exactly which "carb vacuum line thing" are you referring to?  Let us know and we'll guide you through the next step.

Also, if there is still gasoline leaking around your carb, repair the problem immediately.  That could be very dangerous!

IHTH!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Skreature
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/03/08 at 23:53:35

Hello Digger,
Sorry, i was talking about the thing you told me. Put a clamp on the cable and run it on pri.
The leaking was only when i had it still on pri when not running the engine (not very wise of me) normally (before, but also today and yesterday) it didnt leak. Its really strange, i have to ajust the idle screw (i think its the idle screw, it makes the engine run a little more or less when its running idle (stationary). Sorry for my bad english and my even worse motorcycle knowledge. I think the carb might be a little dirty also btw, it hasnt been running for 1 year before i started using it.
Thanks a lot for your time and help!

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #18 - 12/04/08 at 19:57:34

Hi SK,

Glad to hear your Savage is running again!  If the fuel leak returns, please let us know.

For now, leave the petcock line clamped.  Select PRI on the petcock when operatining the bike.  Select ON on the petcock before you walk away from the bike.  Since you are unsure of the condition of the petcock, I'd repair it or replace it fairly quickly.

There are some posts here that talk of using a petcock from a Yamaha Raptor 4-wheeler.  There is also a post that covers modifying a petcock to get rid of the vacuum dependency.  If you like to spend money freely, you can replace the petcock with another Suzuki Savage petcock.

Ride safe!

Digger
2001, Metallic Glacial Blue, Raptor Petcock, Verslavy (first hole) (otherwise, mechanically, the bike is stock), 13,xxx miles
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Skreature
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 12/05/08 at 00:12:26

Digger wrote on 12/04/08 at 19:57:34:
Hi SK,

Glad to hear your Savage is running again!  If the fuel leak returns, please let us know.

For now, leave the petcock line clamped.  Select PRI on the petcock when operatining the bike.  Select ON on the petcock before you walk away from the bike.  Since you are unsure of the condition of the petcock, I'd repair it or replace it fairly quickly.

There are some posts here that talk of using a petcock from a Yamaha Raptor 4-wheeler.  There is also a post that covers modifying a petcock to get rid of the vacuum dependency.  If you like to spend money freely, you can replace the petcock with another Suzuki Savage petcock.

Ride safe!

Hi Digger
Yesterday i pulled the vac line off, it was kinda perforated at some places. So i bought a new, much thicker vac line, i'm going to install that this weekend! Thanks a lot for the advice, i forgot to put the petcock back to on the day before yesterday, and i found out why i should do that.
When i'm riding now, and dropping from higher tourqe to lower, it makes some (not really) funny sounds, think thats referring to backfire. Maybe i should clean the carb soon, because it hasnt been running for a long time.

Thanks again!

Skreature

IP Logged
Digger
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ya gotta be tough to
ride singles!

Colorado Springs, CO
Reply #20 - 12/05/08 at 18:45:28

Skreature wrote on 12/05/08 at 00:12:26:
........Maybe i should clean the carb soon, because it hasnt been running for a long time.

Thanks again!

Skreature

SK,

That's always a good idea if the bike has been inactive for some time......good luck!

Digger
I don't own a cage.
www.astronautbiker.com
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 08:23:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LS650 Savage. Wont start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.