Send Topic Print
maybe stupid question (Read 107 times)
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

maybe stupid question
12/02/08 at 23:59:02

Whats the deal with tubeless valve stems? Alwasy had my car tires changed for me and I've never had tubeless on a bike before so is there a special way to install them or what?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: maybe stupid question
Reply #1 - 12/03/08 at 02:03:55

What bike you got thats running tubeless? The Savage has tubes front & rear. Putting a tube in & a tire on takes some technique. Get one side of the tire on the rim, all the way around. Then poke the tube in, get the valve stem thru the hole & start the nut on the valve stem.OHH yea, before replacing the tire, pull the rubber strip that covers the spokes & check for rust. Now is a good time to clean stuff up. I dont tighten mine up yet.Get the tube situated inside the tire & then put a little air in the tube. Feel around inside the tire for twists in the tube. A little baby powder to help the tube shift against the tire is a good idea. Keep the tube inflated enough to make it less likely to pinch it while you put the tire the rest of the way on the rim. Use a spray bottle with a good dose of dish washing liquid & water to make the tire slip on the rim easier.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
BurnPgh
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/05/08 at 18:34:28

switching my spoked rims for gs450 rims. tubeless

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 12/05/08 at 18:49:35

Thers a tool for pulling a valve stem into place. It screws on the valve stem & has a Leg that sits on the rim& a lever to pull the valve stem up thru the rim. Any tire store should have one laying around. Might have to order one, but you should be able to lay hands on one,

Here, my description is lousy, heres a picture.

http://www.gemplers.com/tech/valvestem.htm

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 10:41:30

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › maybe stupid question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.