Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
'Richening Up Stock carb' (Read 11 times)
simplyput2600
Ex Member

Re: 'Richening Up Stock carb'
Reply #15 - 04/05/06 at 16:47:00

i have a 1999 savage, and i just got it jetted, and got a dyna pipe on. the next move is to get the k&n filter. so where do i get the k&n filter, and what is its model # or specifications, so i can buy the right thing.

IP Logged
Lion

Budapest, Hungary
Reply #16 - 04/26/06 at 23:40:41

I am new here so please help me. I want to do the white spacer mod but I don't know where to get a half-sized one. Anyway I have an LS400 (the Japanese version).

'96 LS400 (
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #17 - 04/27/06 at 06:27:55

You don't get a half-size white spacer.  You either file/sand yours down or you replace it with comparable washers.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mmp
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/27/06 at 08:13:27

For those of you that replaced the screws on the carb with allen head screws (like SeeAPierce), what size screws did you need to replace the carb screws?

I am planning on doing the white spacer mod and re-jetting the main and pilot in the next month or so. Before openning the carb up, I want to have the replacement screws on so that I don't have to run to several stores because I don't always have the best luck when I head to the hardware store (they always seem to be out of whatever I need, but only what I need).

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #19 - 04/27/06 at 10:46:39

I'm sure somebody knows because this question has been asked before and the answer is in another post somewhere.  However, all I did was pull one screw from the top and one from the bottom and took them with me to Ace Hardware and picked up four of each size in stainless allens.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 04/27/06 at 10:49:52

Searching on the words stainless allen carb size turned this up, among others.

Another post...

Tammi

The Devil drives a
Buick.

In the spliff bunker
Reply #21 - 04/27/06 at 11:34:19

Just to add to the post linked by Savage_Rob above, the thread is 5 mm and the pitch is 0.8. You'll need both of these numbers when you go to your local hardware store for the replacement screws.

The lengths of the screws, as indicated in the linked post above, are 10 mm and 15 mm.

Although since both of the holes that you thread the screws into are open ended (that is, they go through to the other side), you can use longer screws if necessary.

Cheers. Tammi

I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
-- Green Day
=========
When Jesus said “Love your enemies” ... I’m pretty sure he meant not to kill them.
  IP Logged
Tammi

The Devil drives a
Buick.

In the spliff bunker
Reply #22 - 04/27/06 at 11:41:44

simplyput2600 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
so where do i get the k&n filter, and what is its model # or specifications, so i can buy the right thing.

The part number for the K&N air filter is SU-6595, and you can order it right from their Web site.

Cheers. Tammi

I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
-- Green Day
=========
When Jesus said “Love your enemies” ... I’m pretty sure he meant not to kill them.
  IP Logged
mmp
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/27/06 at 17:06:00

Thanks Savage_Rob and Tammi. I just want to make sure that I have them in hand before starting to open the carb up. Especially since I am unlucky at find parts I need here in Lansing. I have been to Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, Autozone and Radioshack and NONE of them carry #4 washers. Hard to believe I know, but this is what I have found by going from one store to the next  Angry  So, I don't want to run into the same problem with the allen head screws.

IP Logged
steelwolf
Serious Thumper

"I'm a cowboy,
on a steel horse I
ride."

Trinity, NC
Reply #24 - 04/27/06 at 17:23:23

Somewhere on here it was suggested to go to Radio Shack to get the #4 washers. I couldn't find them at any of the places you looked either. Also they said that sometimes they may scrub the sides. Just a heads up. You may want to just get an extra white spacer and file it to 1/2 since you are gonna be buying parts anyway.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 04/28/06 at 07:11:53

mmp wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:04:
Thanks Savage_Rob and Tammi. I just want to make sure that I have them in hand before starting to open the carb up. Especially since I am unlucky at find parts I need here in Lansing. I have been to Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace, Autozone and Radioshack and NONE of them carry #4 washers. Hard to believe I know, but this is what I have found by going from one store to the next  Angry  So, I don't want to run into the same problem with the allen head screws.

I personally have my best luck with stainless hardware at Ace Hardware.

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 15:48:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › 'Richening Up Stock carb'

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.