Savage's biggest enemy? (Read 24 times)
klx650sm2002
Serious Thumper

The more I learn the
less I know.

Cumbria,England
Re: Savage's biggest enemy?
Reply #45 - 11/18/05 at 02:22:05

At this time of year KLX's (and Savage's I presume) worst enemy is road salt.

Clive W  Cheesy

IP Logged
penguinsscareme
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

In the words of
Socrates:  I
drank WHAT?

New Hampshire
Reply #46 - 12/01/05 at 16:05:53

Quote:
What do you think is your suzi's biggest enemy out there?
lately, rider hypothermia

O Lord,
Thine ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #47 - 12/01/05 at 16:17:29

I saw what had to be the biggest distraction ever for a driver. While stuck in traffic last week I looked over and saw some guy getting a bl-ow job from his girl friend while driving. You know he wasn't paying attention to driving Grin.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #48 - 12/01/05 at 16:31:14

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:
I saw what had to be the biggest distraction ever for a driver. While stuck in traffic last week I looked over and saw some guy getting a bl-ow job from his girl friend while driving. You know he wasn't paying attention to driving Grin.

then you had to match speeds to watch, and you didnt see the car going slowly ahead of you  Shocked

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
penguinsscareme
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

In the words of
Socrates:  I
drank WHAT?

New Hampshire
Reply #49 - 12/01/05 at 19:19:49

Ed L. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:12:

Sorry, we didn't mean to create a distraction! Shocked

O Lord,
Thine ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #50 - 12/02/05 at 05:55:29

I admit it, I was watching more than driving Undecided

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 12/02/05 at 11:17:52

Oh, to be young and to be able to rise to the occasion!! Shocked

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #52 - 12/02/05 at 11:35:21

This is sounding more like the actual enemy to the Savage is the rider's distraction.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 12/02/05 at 14:31:34

i dunno what the biggest enemy is there is alot of things out there to get you. when a cage gets to close to my a$$ i usually like to turn around and look at them straight in the eyes maybe do a head nod (not very safe but effecient ) most people will back off. Slow down not to fast though cus you dont want to get hit check your mirrors when they are that close you can tell if they are looking and if they are slowly slow down piss them off when youve had your fun smoke em unless they got a real fast car they aint catching up. if i'm at light and some gets right on my tail especially if were in a group well just stay at the light a few seconds if it turns green if they honk we'll turn around and look at them they usually get scared.

IP Logged
SeeAPierce
2005 No Login

California
Reply #54 - 12/02/05 at 15:49:32

For riding:  As much as I like the low weight (one of the reasons I bought it)  It can feel a bit "light" at higher speeds in the wind.
For running:  Lean fuel condition
For looks:  Jet engine sized stock muffler

Still the perfect bike for me though!

'06 S40 green: sporty muff & 10 degree adapter 155 main jet, 1/2 white spacer, open filter, bar end turn signals
  IP Logged
Zniper175
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 12/10/05 at 03:38:35

Teenaged girls on the phone in civics seem to have an affinity for trying to hit me.

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #56 - 12/10/05 at 15:59:11

Here in Florida the snow birds are coming, nothing like a Q-tip (white shoes, white hair) to strike fear in the heart of all riders.

IP Logged
clueless-FSO

Birmingham, Al
Reply #57 - 12/10/05 at 20:41:48

Ed,
We call 'em blue hairs here, driving their land yaghts(probably spelled that one wrong). The have no clue where the other side of the car is.

'96 Black "bed liner" paint.. Ed_L forward controls, HD bars with 1"socket risers, 155 main, pod filter, HD exhaust, punched baffle, modded seat, chain drive conversion, slavy mod
one of a kind
WWW   IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #58 - 12/11/05 at 02:54:30

Everytime i see an old guy/gal driving a land yacht at 46 mph here i think i should follow them around till they croak (abouut 7 minutes by the way they drive) and then grab the car from the estate - wouldn't even be broken in!

We are living in a small town surrounded by old farms with a big city nearby so we seem to be turning into a retirement community - our real estate prices are still pretty good.

Pull up to a red light and you might be the only one under 85 out of six drivers!

IP Logged
jrm8486
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 12/11/05 at 18:32:02

Had three teenagers in a SUV at 10:30 last night come through a red light onto a 6 lane highway and almost got me! I was so close I could see the fear in his eyes when I skidded next to him, Then he flips me off! Lets just say he will have to explain to his folks how he got a sz 9 boot shaped dent in his door!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 13:35:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage's biggest enemy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.