Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Savage's biggest enemy? (Read 24 times)
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Re: Savage's biggest enemy?
Reply #15 - 11/07/05 at 19:53:43

Young women in cages. They are either on the cell phone or just not paying attention.

True latest close encounter: I'm going to lunch when I notice the car coming at me has set a direct collision course. When I look at the driver all I can see is the back of her head between the headrests. She's completely turned around doing something in the back seat while driving (mostly) forward at at least 40 mph in town. I just got out of the way. Luckily since she wasn't looking, she didn't see me dodge. Wink No there wasn't a child's seat in the back, so I'm guessing looking in the purse for her cell phone.

IP Logged
diesel
2004 No Login

Watsontown, PA
Reply #16 - 11/07/05 at 21:15:31

here in Pa.   DEER!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #17 - 11/08/05 at 00:10:14

diesel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
here in Pa.   DEER!

deer running into motor cycles is punishment for hunters.  Shocked

thumpers biggest enemy.  why me of course.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
AndyC
YaBB Newbies
2005 No Login

Norfolk, VA
Reply #18 - 11/08/05 at 00:59:00

Nothing ruins my day of riding like having a suicidal elephant land on me after jumping off the top of a building.

I hate that.

Teenage-20something girls in SUVs with cell phones surgically grafted to their skulls are a close second... and I encounter them quite a bit more frequently too.

IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 11/08/05 at 02:55:39

I don't know if this is really true or just an urban myth.  my boss told me yesterday he heard of two guys roaring along on bikes - perfect day, no wind- when a tree beside the road just falls over - it was dead and it was just its time - and it lands right on the road - the one guy ducks under a big branch and gets through - the other guy has his head taken off by the branch!

I hear at the funeral there were all kinds of jokes about, "hey - what happened?  that tree jump out in front of you?"

Anybody heard this before??

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #20 - 11/08/05 at 05:58:50

Along with the cagers on cellphones, I'd add to the list women applying their makeup and men shaving whilst driving.  I see these all too often and give them wide berth.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 11/08/05 at 06:07:00

I've never ever seen men shaving in a car!!  That is wild!!  Have seen a lady drying her nails out the window so it looks like she wants to make a left turn, though! ??? ??? ???

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #22 - 11/08/05 at 06:22:07

Saw some guy using dental floss while driving, ick. The biggest problem around here are the old farts with coke bottle glasses. Don't think that they could see a car coming at them, never mind a savage. At least they drive under the speed limit, I mean way under the speed limit. Grin

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
jimbrough
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 11/08/05 at 06:24:14

There's no fart like an old fart!!

IP Logged
RadarORiley
Serious Thumper

No one notices how
you ride until you
fall off.

West Of Weatherford, Texas
Reply #24 - 11/08/05 at 07:58:31

I see females putting on makeup all the time, men shaving, but the one that really chaps me is people reading a newspaper or book/map while driving. I've seen this a lot where they actually spread it over the steering wheel while they are driving the Interstate. I love to read, but that's taking it too far.

Radar O'Riley
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #25 - 11/08/05 at 09:59:21

jimbrough wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
....I hear at the funeral there were all kinds of jokes about, "hey - what happened?  that tree jump out in front of you?"

Anybody heard this before??
Not that one but back in the early '80's we had a girl working in Step-by-Step that was automotively jinxed.  Verfied by the boss -- one time she had four blowouts; another was, as in your story, a tree fell in front of her.

One of our quakes two people were standing beside a wall, holding hands.   Chunks of bricks/concrete/whatever fell and killed one without touching the other.

When the Fates declare it is your time to go you are gone!

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #26 - 11/08/05 at 11:18:57

RadarORiley wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
I see females putting on makeup all the time, men shaving, but the one that really chaps me is people reading a newspaper or book/map while driving. I've seen this a lot where they actually spread it over the steering wheel while they are driving the Interstate. I love to read, but that's taking it too far.

I've seen that too and it is scary.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
WavJamR
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 11/11/05 at 22:17:03

1. Cagers (in general)
2. Riding above and beyond your abilities to control the situation.  2 & 4 kinda go together  
3. Not paying attention to what's going on around you
4. Drinking and Riding (Booze)
5.  Improper maintenance

IP Logged
Tony
2004 No Login

Saugerties, NY
Reply #28 - 11/12/05 at 04:28:11

I have 2.

1)What seems to be my biggest and most often isssue is people who never seem to check their mirrors on a multi lane road (or at turns with seperate turn lanes). Way to many times I have been "pushed" accross the double yellow to avoid an A-Hole moving over without looking. I do my best to avoid being next to a cage but you cant always do it in heavy traffic.

2) Anyone who does not understand what the octoganally shaped signs mean at cross roads.

-Tony

......Remember;
Where ever you go,
there you are.
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #29 - 11/12/05 at 10:46:15

Tony wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:
2) Anyone who does not understand what the octoganally shaped signs mean at cross roads.

You mean them purdy red ones?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 10:02:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage's biggest enemy?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.