The LS650- Classic
style & 4-valve
engine

Mempho
Re: Green Light Trigger
Reply #45 - 07/10/05 at 03:00:57

Yo, we got a biker state senator in TN.
Legal to 'stop and go' at a red light for bikers now. Smiley

SilverBlue '01,K&N,Snorklectomy,125mm NOS carb, 1/2 spacer & 155, 'Trapp, NC flyscreen, Suzy GelSeat, Osram H4
later..putt. Putt, PUtt, PUTT! 8)
HelmetLawsSuck
  IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #46 - 07/10/05 at 04:36:21

Paladin. wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
Leaving work out the main entrance the gate sensor sees me just fine.  East gate also.  Except I normally hit the left edge so I can exit as the gate starts to open.  Today I was about 3 feet closer to the center and it didn't open.  I was not over the buried sensor wire.  Duckfooted back, pulled forward over the line marking the wire and the gate opened.  Tomorrow I'll try the starter trick.

Managed to test again last Friday.  You can see a rectangle in the pavement where the sensor wire is buried.  Pulling in two feet in from the left edge the gate did not open.  Shut down/restart -- still no open.  Back up, pull forward over the sensor wire -- gate opens.  This is just one sensor.  Will test others as I find them.

But tenative conclusion is that placing the bike over the sensor wire (placing what little metal you have closer to the trigger) seems to work better than the small EM field from the starter.

WWW   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #47 - 07/10/05 at 07:19:10

But don't forget...all sensors are not created equally as someone has to calibrate the base or threshhold.  

Now, someone needs to buy the Green Light Trigger just to test its reliability, too.

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #48 - 07/10/05 at 09:07:35

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:

Now, someone needs to buy the Green Light Trigger just to test its reliability, too.

I bought one but so far it a 50/50 chance at the light. I guess it depends on how sensitive the loop was set up.
Will inform more when more test is done.

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
freerider23
Ex Member

Reply #49 - 07/10/05 at 09:15:47

i always thought they were like scales--put 500 lbs on it and it triggers the light switch.  wow  guess i got some reading to do

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #50 - 07/10/05 at 09:54:54

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:

There's one on the bottom of my bike from the previous owner (or at least it was there about 3000 miles ago) and, from what I can tell, it does nothing.  Of course, it's possible it does work and I just wouldn't know it until I removed it.  Hmmmmm.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #51 - 07/10/05 at 10:16:13

freerider23 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
i always thought they were like scales--put 500 lbs on it and it triggers the light switch.  wow  guess i got some reading to do

Nope  Grin

Yep  Grin

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #52 - 07/10/05 at 10:46:09

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:07:
There's one on the bottom of my bike from the previous owner (or at least it was there about 3000 miles ago) and, from what I can tell, it does nothing.  Of course, it's possible it does work and I just wouldn't know it until I removed it.  Hmmmmm.

Only one way to find out.  Pull it off, glue on Velcro fuzz and loop to bike and magnet.  Leave off until you find a signal you cannot trigger.  Back away, apply magnet, reapproach.  Other than the one exit from the parking lot I have yet to find a trigger Thumper doesn't trip.  But then, it is rare that a cage isn't on my tail.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:53:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Green Light Trigger

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.