Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Green Light Trigger (Read 12 times)
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Green Light Trigger
06/28/05 at 17:25:05

anyone know if this really works? cus man i sure hate those left turn signals  Grin i sat at one for five lights till i decided to pop a U and cut through a parking lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4558458582...

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Green Light Trigger
Reply #1 - 06/28/05 at 17:55:28

I found a bar magnet glued to the bottom of my bike - I think it's one of those things... I don't think it does squat.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
red2k1
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06/28/05 at 20:37:49

I have one of those things and Savage_Rob is correct.  It is a magnet and "it doesn't do squat."  You need a stronger magnet.

IP Logged
mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/28/05 at 20:41:15

well thats great to know

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #4 - 06/28/05 at 21:08:12

mikedasavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
well thats great to know

it's been discussed ad nausem and no they don't work.

if you wait more than one cycle, just go. explain it to the judge.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #5 - 06/29/05 at 08:32:51

red2k1 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
You need a stronger magnet.

So, would a really strong magnet work?

I can get grade N35 to N42 (b]really[/b] strong) magnets of various sizes (some cheap, some not so). Pretty much N32 and above can break your hands or fingers if you are not careful with them... I've thought of sticking a spare N37, 4" diameter to the bottom of the my savage to see if it works (and yes, I did nearly brake my fingers [twice! ouch!] with just one of these guys..)... Maybe I'll try it out and report back...

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #6 - 06/29/05 at 08:45:44

Hey if you are going to use a really powerful magnet under there, be sure and check it for loose change. Grin

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #7 - 06/29/05 at 09:00:23

bentwheel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Hey if you are going to use a really powerful magnet under there, be sure and check it for loose change. Grin

And maybe store some spare tools too!

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
vroom1776
Serious Thumper

Reply #8 - 06/29/05 at 10:48:05

Actually,  I was also wondering if it could have any benefit for pulling loose chunks or metal to the bottom of the engine... good or bad?

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #9 - 06/29/05 at 11:09:17

vroom1776 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Actually,  I was also wondering if it could have any benefit for pulling loose chunks or metal to the bottom of the engine... good or bad?

Actually, there are a couple of things for that on the market.  One I've seen for the Savage/S40 is the Magnetic Drain Plug.  The guy selling those has pledged to donate $1 for each one sold to this site in another thread.  Another, though I haven't seen it for the Savage/S40 is a magnetic ball that fits into the oil filters on some bikes.

mikedasavage
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 06/29/05 at 11:52:58

I'll explain it to the judge and he'll say you darn motorcycle riders think you are special? i dont care if you had to wait 10 lights the law is the law.  Grin nah i dont know i think an austin judge would be ok with it but a williamson county judge would have me excuted.

IP Logged
SavageDude
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

OC_California
Reply #11 - 06/29/05 at 17:55:52

mikedasavage wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
anyone know if this really works? cus man i sure hate those left turn signals  Grin i sat at one for five lights till i decided to pop a U and cut through a parking lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4558458582...

It does work only if you know how; but you have to look down on the ground and find those d**n magnetic loops which suppose to turn on the light Undecided

These loops can be either square, rectangle, circles or whatever shape the guy/gal want to lay them down on the road. You have to somehow riding that tiny magnet over right of left of the longest edge of the loop Roll Eyes

But with enough pratice, it can be accomplished instead of taking chance of getting a ticket for running the red light(a few hundred bucks Angry ouccccccch.

SavageDude

2005 S40, debadged, Tkat FB, saddle bags, sissy bar, HD Sporter muff, Fly screen, white spacer mod, 150 main jet.....and sssslowly upgrading
  IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #12 - 06/29/05 at 18:34:29

it has been my experiece that you can,
a. convince the cop not to write 8)
b. tell it to the judge, he/she will generally let of. Grin
c.  go back to offending intersection, with video camera document the lack of turn cycle, plead not guilt, get let off.  Wink
d. send footage to local/state department of transportation and request readjustment,  this if it's near your home and you use the interstection often. Angry

an associate at the dot here in washington, just laffed when i mentioned the magnets, and said he wished he would have invented them.  they don't work but, a good money maker for the inventor though.

personally i don't give it a moments thought. wait one cycle then go.  i have and will use my social skills if caught.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #13 - 06/29/05 at 19:21:20

Just run it. I used to use my headlight to force the light to change, but, that trick isn't working anymore.  Angry

Be careful if you add a powerful magnet to the undercarriage of the bike. This thing is CDI fired...CDI is a small computer...computer plus magnet equals something bad...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Jim_R
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 06/29/05 at 22:43:31

yeah i was thinking some magnetic field wouldnt be too good for any electronics on the frame or regulating the engine.

i've seen the magnet thingy and even some form of remote u point at the light.  i doubt they work at all.

I have even been ignored by the light sometimes several cycles in a row.  I turned around and went another way.   Honestly I dont think anything is worth a ticket.  Find a way around, besides ur having a good time on ur bike right?  why spoil it with some ticket that u'll have to pay when u could spend that $ on some of lancer's items  8)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 18:07:18

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Green Light Trigger

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.