Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Lake Day -- July 9th/10th (Read 3 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Lake Day
Reply #15 - 06/14/05 at 08:07:00

Quote:
(in the '60's Lake Michigan was so polluted it was claimed that you could walk on it)

LOL Paladin!! St. John's harbour falls into that category as well!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
freerider23
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 06/14/05 at 12:25:13

i can even do this---i live in mich--head anyway but south and look, water!!! i love livin in a peninsula.(wow-hadta be careful spellin that!!)

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #17 - 06/14/05 at 14:17:02

freerider23 wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
i can even do this---i live in mich--head anyway but south and look, water!!! i love livin in a peninsula.(wow-hadta be careful spellin that!!)

I was born and raised just north of Canada.

WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #18 - 06/20/05 at 13:18:59

so,  any progress on a date, just wondering as almost every ride for me is a lake ride, as i visit alot of dams and behind a dam there's usually a lake.

my goal on lake day ride is to  visit and post pictures from at least 20 local lakes, nice goal, and easy to do.  and i can get it done on a saturday before the races.

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #19 - 06/20/05 at 13:34:07

Sounds like it is a go for Saturday, July 9th, to be the First Annual Lake Savage Escapade -- a bit over two weeks away.

Lake:  mostly still water deep enough to swallow a Savage.

WWW   IP Logged
freerider23
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 06/20/05 at 13:47:31

hey paladin,

i live in michigan, and you just described half of the potholes around here.  dont believe me?, my buddy wiped out his vulcan 800 when he hit a pot hole 7 inches deep and bent his rim.  still water big enough to swallow a savage--i swerve around 3 a day.

IP Logged
jennifrb
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 06/20/05 at 13:54:41

Glad to see this survived.  
I just hope I get to participate, darn weather around here!  I wasn't able to get a photo on Mountain day because of rain.  
Can't wait to see everyones responses!

IP Logged
dannimal
2005 No Login

Chicago IL (S/W Suburbs)
Reply #22 - 06/20/05 at 14:03:51

It's been warm and  "DRY AS A  BONE" around the Chicagoland area. If we don't get some rain soon, there might not be a lake around in September!!!!! Grin

-95 black savage- Supertrapp exhaust- K&N filter- custom mirrors & grips- Metzler 880's
  IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #23 - 06/20/05 at 17:18:48

I believe the difference between a lake and a pond is that the sunlight doesn't get to the bottom of a lake.

IP Logged
Goose
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 06/20/05 at 19:06:47

im gonna cheat i live on the waterfront of lake livingston in onalaska texas so i'll just push the bikes in the back yard and take a picture

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Reply #25 - 06/21/05 at 11:17:31

My father lives less than 100 yards from Cedar Creek Lake and his place is about a 75 minute ride from my house with a few nicely scenic roads.  Whenever I head out there and the wife and daughter have other plans, I take the bike.  There is even a section that often smells of honeysuckle in summer and early fall.  Cagers just miss that... of course, they miss the polecats too.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #26 - 06/21/05 at 13:22:06

Been a long time since I was on cedar creek - looking good!

Water stained; 77-82 degrees; 0.35' low. Black bass are good on topwater plugs over shallow grass beds early, switching to Carolina rigs on points with submerged grass later in the day. White bass are excellent on lead tail spinners early, switching to trolling with Hellbenders with Pet Spoon trailers during midday. Hybrid striper are good on live shad early, switching to Clouser Minnows trolled in deep water later in the day. Crappie are fair on tube jigs around the shady side of bridge columns. Catfish are excellent on liver and fresh shad.

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #27 - 06/21/05 at 13:35:11

hey realthing,

what the heck ya talking about, sounds like greek to me.

all i thought you guys were doing out there on the boat was drinking and drowing worms.  Grin.

i've spent my whole life at the speedway, never went fishing. the way you explain it is just to darn complicated  Wink,  me i do my fishing at the fishmarket, much easier to catch, and less time consuming.

but hey jesus was a fisherman, so there's got to be something to it.

IP Logged
Reelthing
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Fish or ride that is
the question

Houston,Tx
Reply #28 - 06/21/05 at 13:58:51

aw my old bass fishing days.... now I've got lazy and just toss some lures over the back of the boat, set the engines at 1100rpm and troll several miles out in the gulf until something hooks it self!

IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #29 - 06/21/05 at 14:26:44

Reelthing wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
aw my old bass fishing days.... now I've got lazy and just toss some lures over the back of the boat, set the engines at 1100rpm and troll several miles out in the gulf until something hooks it self!  

ah, so i am correct in my belief that it's drinking beer, and drowing worms.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:46:08

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lake Day -- July 9th/10th

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.