Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Lake Day -- July 9th/10th (Read 3 times)
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Lake Day -- July 9th/10th
06/13/05 at 07:02:21

May I propose the weekend after Labor Day, September 10-11?  In the past I found that many people go to the lakes on the Labor Day weekend and leave them nearly deserted the following weekend.

Edited by Susan to add July 9th/10th as the date.

WWW   IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Lake Day
Reply #1 - 06/13/05 at 07:06:02

Great idea Paladin ... however that weekend is traditionally the annual "Toys for Tots" Run here in St. John's, Nfld. ... so I know what I'm gonna be doing weekend after Labour Day!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
sluggo
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

big singles lead,
twins follow the
pack

moses lake washington
Reply #2 - 06/13/05 at 08:39:21

when ever works for me, i live in a town called moses lake, so no 450 mile trip to the mountain for me.  Grin

SINGLES RULE, HARLEYS DROOL

IP Logged
bentwheel
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Ride free, citizen

Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reply #3 - 06/13/05 at 09:35:18

Do you mean like this? Here is a pic of me in May overlooking Lake Huron.  One of the Great Lakes.
Great idea Paladin. I will be able to participate in this one. I had to miss the mountain tour.

Bentwheel FSO
2006 Suzuki 650 V-Strom
1977 Yamaha XS360
1972 Honda CL175
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #4 - 06/13/05 at 17:15:15

Personally I like the idea of a "Lake Day" ... the "Mountain Run" was fun ... gave even those who for whatever reason (in my case geography) couldn't attend the Ride to Mount St. Helen's a chance to participate in their own unique and creative ways ... that's what I love about this Message Board ... it isn't clique-ish ... everyone's welcome; including Savage Owners  Wink.
Anyhoo, irregardless of who suggested it first, or which date it happens to be held on, I'll try and participate in "Lake Day" in my own way ... h-e-double-hockey sticks, even if it's held during our local Toys for Tots, I'll take a pic with the Bike next to the Atlantic Ocean, seeing the route runs along a section of shoreline ... the Atlantic is often referred to as "the Pond" around here and a pond is a kinda "Lake".
Later everyone!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06/13/05 at 18:01:12

I can do a lake day.  We've got Lake Lanier near here, and a state park with a decent sized pond.  

This stuff is cool -- it's like group rides without having to worry about keeping pace with anyone else.   Grin

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #6 - 06/13/05 at 19:58:35

bentwheel wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
Do you mean like this? Here is a pic of me in May overlooking Lake Huron. ....

You realize, of course, that you slipped and gave me enough info to put you in the Gallery -- including you riding in the snow.

WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #7 - 06/13/05 at 20:07:52

mornhm - FSO wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:06:
....Let's get back to the original idea. Being a new rider (and somewhat impatient) who has lakes around and no mountains. I would suggest a ride earlier in the summer (maybe 4th of July).

Holiday weekends are taken up with family.  Anyone with strong objections to the following weekend, July 9th and/or 10th?

WWW   IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #8 - 06/13/05 at 20:42:59

Now this is an idea I can get behind. I cross 2 rivers on the way to work every day.... and my favorite local lake is close enough not to hurt when I ride there.

Would have loved to do the mountain ride, but, the bike broke. So be it. I technically live in the foothills anyways, so, a mountain isn't that big a deal...
-WD

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Karen627
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 06/13/05 at 22:00:36

Hi Sluggo.  Loved the pics from your mountain run!  Sorry you haven't gotten to see any pics of anything being mounted.  Maybe that can be a separate group ride, designed specifically to find that.  Shouldn't be too difficult -- we'll post pictures of our bikes outside taxidermist storefronts, or custom-framing shops...  that is what you meant by "mounting", right?  Oh, wait.  Um... never mind.   Cheesy

Anyway, back on topic.  I'm always up for another global group ride.  

July 9 and/or 10 works for me.

IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #10 - 06/14/05 at 03:18:04

Yup, right now the weekend of July 10th is cool for me for a Lake Day Run ... I start a coupla weeks vacation that weekend!! Whoo Hoo!!
In reality, there are so many ponds, lakes, gullies, gultches, washes and ditches around here that Riding to a body of water on any given weekend should be no problem! Wink
Kudos to the various creative minds at suzukisavage.com for inventing theme Rides, where anyone can participate regardless of where they live ... guess we are only limited by our imaginatons!

WWW   IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #11 - 06/14/05 at 06:02:22

I can do the 9th / 10th. My favorite lake can be reached with a stone's throw from my backyard so I'll have to pick a different one. Smiley

IP Logged
mornhm - FSO
Serious Thumper

HMMM

Reply #12 - 06/14/05 at 06:03:54

Hey just for ideas of theme runs, maybe we should have two one for lakes/ponds (standing water) one for rivers/streams (flowing water). That way both dates could be accomodated.

IP Logged
Diane
2004 No Login

No matter where you
go, there you are.

Houston, TX
Reply #13 - 06/14/05 at 07:44:58

I think that's the week I will be in Chicago.  But, since this one looks like it will include any kind of water, I can still be with you in spirit every time I step over a puddle, turn on a faucet or go to the bathroom.   Grin

Gas $3.39 a gallon, map $5.95, getting lost on a scenic country road.......... priceless!
2003 Teal Green Savage
Houston, TX
WWW   IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Reply #14 - 06/14/05 at 07:48:33

Hey, Chi-Town is on Lake Michigan.  Unless things have changed recently you can take a picture of you walking on the lake.
(in the '60's Lake Michigan was so poluted it was claimed that you could walk on it)

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 16:49:14

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Lake Day -- July 9th/10th

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.