Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Removed the white spacer, what else? (Read 70 times)
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Re: Removed the white spacer, what else?
Reply #105 - 11/14/04 at 03:19:03

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:11:

Overall now, I have the DJ needle with the clip on the 4th notch and the white spacer installed - also using a Mikuni 155 main jet.  I am using a K&N direct replacement air filter and a MAC muffler.

Now I just have to record the MAC.

AND the sound from your recording is great.  The Mac sounds like a cross between the Trapp and Raask.

AND what I noticed (or didn't notice) in the sound clip was there wasn't any popping sound.  So your combination of needle positions and main jet seems to be a good choice.

Way to go Popeye
8)

IP Logged
Savage_Rob
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Mechanically
Inclined Amateur

Texas (Dallas area)
Re: Removed the white spacer, what else?
Reply #106 - 11/14/04 at 16:32:54

Thanks Greg.  She has no visible smoke now either; there was a small amount of black smoke when the clip was on the needle's 5th notch.  I know these various settings are dependent upon the particular intake/exhaust combinations but I think I'm close to the right mix now.  While I don't generally care for "trial and error" troubleshooting, I do enjoy the "tinker and test ride" method on my bike.

1998|MAC muffler|ceramic coated header|K&N air filter|Amal Mk2 carb|Odyssey battery|iridium plug|NC windshield|Dunlop 491s|Superbrace|EBC brake rotor|12.5" Progressive shocks|Kuryakyn ISO grips
Savage_Rob RidingTX   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 09:33:41

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Removed the white spacer, what else?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.