Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Saddlebag recommendations? (Read 27 times)
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Re: Saddlebag recommendations?
Reply #30 - 10/06/04 at 19:17:13

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I don't know about those but the set of Willie & Max bags I inherited with my bike are quite nice with one problem I've noticed... If yours are the synthetic leather like mine, be very careful with that inner flap and don't let it hit a hot exhaust.  It will leave smears of itself on your muffler.

Hmm.  I'll have to look tomorrow and see if it is an issue.  Thanks for the tip.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Savage_Greg
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Don't go around your
ass to reach your
elbow...

SW Washington State
Reply #31 - 10/10/04 at 02:51:06

I like your matching windshield.  Also better wet and cold protection than my deflector type, too.

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #32 - 10/10/04 at 05:21:30

Savage_Rob wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I don't know about those but the set of Willie & Max bags I inherited with my bike are quite nice with one problem I've noticed... If yours are the synthetic leather like mine, be very careful with that inner flap and don't let it hit a hot exhaust.  It will leave smears of itself on your muffler.

Hey, I looked at this and it is not an issue with my bags.  First of all, I have the snaps positioned forward which means the inner flap opens and lays over to the back away from the exhaust.  Also I think the flap is too short to hit the exhaust even if I had the bags on the other way.  Maybe you have a bigger set of bags...  Thanks for the caution though.  I do hate smears on the muffler...

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #33 - 10/10/04 at 05:25:50

Savage_Greg wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
I like your matching windshield.  Also better wet and cold protection than my deflector type, too.

Thanks.  I really like it.  Not only do I like the way it looks, it also improves the ride for me by helping stabilize the bike at higher speeds (at least that's how it feels).  I wouldn't go on a long trip without it.  I do take it off sometimes for shorter rides when it is super hot out so I get more windflow on me.

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
2wheelingwoman
Ex Member

Reply #34 - 10/31/04 at 17:27:21

Well, Susan, I took your recommendation and ordered my Willie and Max slant-bags (and the support brackets), and just got them installed today.  They're great!  Just exactly what I was looking for - nice and roomy and yet not saggy and bulky-looking.  Just right!

Thanks for the recommendations!

IP Logged
Susan
Serious Thumper
2004 No Login

Been AWOL but I'm
back...

Eastern PA
Reply #35 - 11/01/04 at 05:24:43

2wheelingwoman wrote on 12/31/69 at 16:00:10:
Well, Susan, I took your recommendation and ordered my Willie and Max slant-bags (and the support brackets), and just got them installed today.  They're great!  Just exactly what I was looking for - nice and roomy and yet not saggy and bulky-looking.  Just right!

Thanks for the recommendations!

You are welcome!  I'm glad you like them.  How about a picture now?  Cheesy

Susan
Eastern PA
2004 Purple Savage
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/01/24 at 21:44:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Saddlebag recommendations?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.