advchopper build (Read 570 times)
DragBikeMike
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Honolulu
Re: advchopper build
Reply #90 - 02/09/24 at 09:37:33

Regarding your belt squeal reported on 1/26, this simple mod should eliminate that problem.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1561964431

Knowledge is power.
  IP Logged
Zoltan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #91 - 02/12/24 at 05:49:14

Very neat solution Mike! I'll check the wobble and maybe visit that old fellow with the lathe over the hill.
Neat that you put 20k miles on it and shared the test results! Thanks for the tip.
I kept amusing myself listening to the ever changing singsong from the belt, the rumble of the wintertire and so on.

IP Logged
Zoltan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #92 - 05/24/24 at 05:11:59

Sorry for the long break!
Bike's been great, riding for small errands almost daily now that summer's upon us.
There is a development on the bike.
Installed a pretty nice HD dyna muffler.

Pretty much bolt-on, though i had to cut the clamping part a bit, like 7mms, allow it to slide a bit further towards the engine. I needed that the clear the wheel nut enough.

And the thing is quieter!  Shocked  Grin

Gone is the big pop after shutting off the engine, and gone is the backfiring on engine brake. I also think it's a bit less dynamic but it starts and runs decent. Turned the idle mix screw 1/4 turns that was all.

In all fairness, I do not mind the redneck factor suppressed a bit, people looked at me weird in front of the shops after the POP at shutoff. (Though i did enjoy it at first. Cheesy )

But did anyone else had quieter, weaker bike after swapping to the HD dyno muffler?

Very busy with house renovation, so nothing is planned for the bike now. There shall be another vehicle for the next Elefantentreffen, that's probably not a candidate for this forum.
Everything works on the bike that i have modified, which is a huge surprise and success. The rack and rear section, longer shocks all works fine, nothing broke off or rattled apart. I'm pretty pleased.

God a lot of nods on the local Distinguished Gentlemans Ride I was pleased with that too.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #93 - 05/24/24 at 20:00:17

The Dyna muffler on my bike had 3 holes drilled into the baffle.  It sounded good and ran well.  

The baffle eventually cacked and I had no baffle.  It was a little too loud and felt a little lean.

I put undrilled Dyna on and it was noticeably quieter.  I don't think it performs any worse under load, but it sounds less responsive in neutral.  

IP Logged
Zoltan

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #94 - 06/05/24 at 06:48:12

Thanks!
I'll leave it like this I guess.
Cool look by the way I'm happy I followed the advice on here forum and installed it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/26/24 at 21:21:16

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › advchopper build

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.