An E-bike to love ! (Read 103 times)
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: An E-bike to love !
Reply #15 - 10/01/23 at 18:34:34

On a whim, I drove past the factory this afternoon. Newly completed, not a sign in site, likely empty, no bikes on the road until '26 or '27 after regulatory approval (CSA/UL etc.). How will the market have changed by then?
Vaporware?
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 10/02/23 at 04:18:16

I am likely never to own an Ebike in my lifetime.  I don't need to daily commute to work anymore, and buying a $10K - $20K motorcycle to run local errands is not realistic.

I ride for enjoyment, and my local rides are generally within the range of an Ebike......100 miles or so after working in the yard.  However, on those days I go for an extended ride I often go 300 miles.  When we go to ride the mountains a 200-300 mile day is routine, and we sometimes get pretty far away from camp.  It is nice to be able to just stop and fill up the tank with gasoline when needed.....it only takes a few minutes and gives me an opportunity to stretch my legs and do that other necessary release of body fluid.

I just can't imagine adding the stress of knowing my range is limited by the battery power - I like being able to get back home without worrying about my "range".  It actually equates closely to limiting yourself to riding for just 1 tank of fuel - leave with a full tank and get home before you run out of gasoline.....I am not willing to do that.  And when you go riding in the mountains - there is no campsite that I know of that has the facilities to charge your Ebike.....you better bring a generator (but then you are going to be using "Fossil Fuel" and really haven't done anything to be "green".

Owning an Ebike or Ecar just feels too much like being in a glider plane.  You just can't get too far away, and you better make plans to be home before you run out of altitude (or battery).  A Hybrid just seems to make a lot more sense to me.  Use the battery when you can - use fuel when you have to.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 10/02/23 at 17:13:49

I could see myself owning an electric motorcycle or some other EV. I use my motorcycle for commuting more than for pleasure so having less maintenance appeals to me.  

I have a couple of e-bikes that I ride now, but they are pedal-assist bicycles.  

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #18 - 10/02/23 at 21:03:00

I have to feed it , then it pays it back to my ego. Loud & fast feeling the machine as if it were alive eating the road as she goes. Just nothing like big singles ! I might try a weed whipper with wheels but I won’t buy one. More embarrassing than a Prius.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #19 - 10/02/23 at 21:05:33

ICE till my time here is done !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 16:13:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › An E-bike to love !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.