Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Right-Sized Renaissance ! (Read 381 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Right-Sized Renaissance !
Reply #45 - 11/05/23 at 17:56:13

Back in High School , my seat in history class was next to the window facing the main road in front of the school.
There was a guy who would do Wheelies in front of the school and keep the wheel up for the length of the High School ... it made me drool for one of them 650 Triumph Choppers.   Heck , I'd still like to have one of them (sort-of).    Undecided
I was watching one day when the Sheriff got him ... it ruined my show and that feller's day !   I never got to see a repeat  performance either ?   Roll Eyes

It would be fun to ride some one else's bike like that !  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #46 - 11/09/23 at 11:35:18

I have no idea where the dealers in the US are.....I need to go and put down a deposit! (Although it is not really a light weight bike at 470 pounds!).

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/bsa-gold-star-first-ride-...

GoldStar.PNG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #47 - 11/09/23 at 18:09:18

It would be too easy to have a shop full of bikes !  

I like the looks of the Triumph speed 400 too !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #48 - 11/10/23 at 03:05:48

The real truth is - I have not purchased a new motorcycle since 1977 when I bought a Suzuki RE5 Wankel.  I worked at a dealer and there was a $1,000 rebate and closeout on the bikes - I got it for $1,700.  I sold it when I moved to Cincinnati and started college......I sure wish I still had it!

The Goldstar was scheduled to begin distribution in the UK in 2022, and that got delayed and bikes didn't show up at the "new" dealers until 2023.  The bike is not yet available in the US - and if you go to the BSA website to find a dealer they don't show any in the US.

The Retro Standard Savage that I am in the process of building will be 130 pounds lighter, far simpler and easy to maintain, and I have all the tools I need to work on it......I will probably not be buying a Goldstar.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #49 - 11/10/23 at 08:29:24

Maybe 3 years ago but now a near quarter ton bike isn’t at the top of my list anymore. Not saying I won’t but highly unlikely. Tracker and BSA 250 project about to start , why ? However it is a desirable machine and would love to be seen on one. My last brand new bike was in 1983 , a Honda XR200R.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #50 - 11/10/23 at 16:29:22

1983 , Waay overdue !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #51 - 11/10/23 at 17:11:44

I thought you all hated the radiator on the Goldstar?

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #52 - 11/10/23 at 20:23:34

Almost everything has a radiator , it’s still a cool bike

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #53 - 11/11/23 at 03:53:01

ohiomoto wrote on 11/10/23 at 17:11:44:

While a radiator does add weight and does not help with the looks - the reality is that modern performance and pollution requirements pretty much mandate the bike be water cooled.  Some bike brands do a better job of hiding the radiator (and exhaust catalyst) and they aren't horribly looking.

The water cooling does add some more parts (water pump, radiator, thermostat, cooling fan and hoses - it does not seem to affect reliability early on.......who knows how the systems hold up on bikes that get to be 15, 20, 25 yeas old.  On modern bikes with so many plastic and rubber parts I question weather they will be able to function as long as the old bikes with carbs and metal parts.

If I stay healthy I hope to have 20+ years of riding left - if I keep my bikes in the garage and out of the sun when I am not riding them, I hope the bikes age well and don't start decomposing beneath me.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #54 - 11/11/23 at 05:53:19

I think the bike looks great and I don't mind the water cooling at all.   I thought it got a thumbs-down from more than a few members in a previous thread.

I guess you weren't one of them and I could be remembering it wrong.

Edit: I guess the water-cooling hate wasn't as bad as I thought.  It was discussed and you cleary weren't once of the haters.  haha
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1638578226/0  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #55 - 11/11/23 at 20:13:33

That would be me ... Somehow the anti freeze and two wheels don't seem right ?  Huh

I did catch myself looking at the reviews of the Triumph 400 Scrambler .  Roll Eyes

The up-stepped pipe might not be good for putting a passenger on ?  
But
The 39Hp would work just fine !  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igdCnYjBt4

Enjoy !  Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #56 - 11/12/23 at 03:05:22

MM:

Wow.....that is a long video to watch in 1 sitting.  I get up at 5AM and I was able to watch it while the other folks in the house are still sleeping.

The Triumph 400 looks like a capable bike.  However it appears to be a "me" bike....it looks a bit small and the passenger pegs a bit too high to be a bike a passenger would enjoy.  Marcia would not likely be able to sit on the back for any extended period of time........you need to get her on the back at the dealer when the bike makes it to the US.

You may still need to own a "we" bike for the rides that are going to be ridden double with Marcia along for the ride.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 01:29:32

General CategoryThe Cafe › Right-Sized Renaissance !

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.