BSA GoldStar ? (Read 355 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
BSA GoldStar ?
12/03/21 at 16:37:06

There are so many new/old names and models that are making a return that retro machines may become valuable .

Heck , our Savages may become "Highly Desirable" machines one day ?  

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bikes/bsa-motorcycles-reveals-new-gold-sta...

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: BSA GoldStar ?
Reply #1 - 12/03/21 at 17:55:29

"BSA GoldStar ?"

Yes please!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #2 - 12/03/21 at 18:34:58

GoldStar ?   It looks a lot like the bike I just sold "Kate" .   Kate had 50 HP   Smiley, spoke wheels  Sad , nice lines  Smiley , chain drive  Sad, air cooled  Smiley , kick + electric start  Smiley

I wanted to keep Kate but those spoke wheels and chain drive were non-desirable things Kate was born with that she couldn't loose ...  

That GoldStar sure has those NICE LINES !   Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #3 - 12/03/21 at 20:37:42

Well it’s about time ! I not sure what color but I may have to get one !

Dear Santa ,

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 12/04/21 at 04:10:17

MM:  But.....This is a single cylinder!  Exactly the kind of Thumper that makes us happy.

I have wanted an original GoldStar for a long time - but I have never ridden one.  Folks like Lancer and Verslagen who have ridden them say they vibrate a lot!  An original may turn out to be a pretty bike to look at and a miserable bike to ride.

It will remain to be seen what kind of a dealer network gets established in the US.  Triumph and Royal Enfield dealers where I live don't have a good reputation for being good at service.

Here is a video with some yacking and good views of several paint schemes......it is a nice looking bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDFZAp4bR_4&t=320s

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 12/04/21 at 07:25:55

The "Liquid-Cooled" turns me off .  Embarrassed

Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #6 - 12/04/21 at 07:45:47

The original Gold Star was one of prettiest bikes ever made. A lot of that had to do with the clear, uncluttered lines, and of course, the prefect sweep of the headpipe.
Folks I knew who had one said they were a hoot, but kick starting a high compression single was no fun. And a non-counterbalanced big single gets old real fast on a long run.
This one is close, but no cigar. Some lines are right on, but overall a bit cluttered. Glad it's a 650, and has electric start, and a balancer.
If they had been able to do it with a smaller radiator, that might have helped. Look at how well the rad is hidden on a Thruxton R.
I wish them well. I'm just not running down there with cash in fist.

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #7 - 12/04/21 at 10:50:26

I don't have a problem with reviving some cool bikes from the past, but why include tubed tires?
Jeez, it's 2022 already!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #8 - 12/04/21 at 11:40:08

MMRanch wrote on 12/04/21 at 07:25:55:
The "Liquid-Cooled" turns me off .  Embarrassed

At least they finned up the engine very well. I’ve never had a liquid cooled bike before , might be a good thing for day long rides at sustained speeds.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #9 - 12/04/21 at 12:15:26

Limited available specs so far , but no weight spec. It looks heavy , 400 lbs well maybe not that much , tough to tell from a few pics. It must be able to pull the load with 100 mph top speed. Seat height is 30” , 2 channel abs , 18” front , 17” rear. So far I’m liking what I’m seeing. Price in India almost 8k , here more for sure. In comparison to the Royal Enfield the BSA is supposed to be a Premium Line , can’t wait to see the 441 Victor or any other offerings. RE dealer not far away , I’ll be calling them for more info. Sell a few things , truck , sportster , some guitars , done. I’ll be keeping the tracker !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #10 - 12/04/21 at 12:52:16

Wow a porky 469.5 lbs , carries 12 liters of fuel. That’s gonna make the tracker (315 lb) feel like a bicycle a freakin fast bicycle. Savage 386 lbs ? , SR 500 387 lbs , RE 500 370 lbs. That’s a significant difference it’s all in where it carries the weight. If it has a low center of gravity it won’t be as noticeable. My sportster is 505 lbs but has a good c of g , but could be better. Besides I haven’t had a brand new bike in 37 years , maybe !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #11 - 12/04/21 at 14:01:32

Wow 37 years is a long time not to have the feel of a new bike under ya !

Wait a minute !  I've only had one new bike ever , but it sure feels good !  Smiley

They sure make them look good.   I think the RE Meteor Supernova Blue is one of the prettiest bikes I've seen

Yea , 350 just ain't enough ?
« Last Edit: 12/04/21 at 20:47:34 by MMRanch »  

Supernova_Blue.png

zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #12 - 12/04/21 at 22:25:54

The Supernova is 'tubeless' so why not all?
anyway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfMS-S4_G6c   The header looks a bit porky!
Cheers!  Cool

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #13 - 12/05/21 at 07:41:26

I agree with Ruttly and Armen, but I think they did a better job with this than any of the other Retro bikes out there.  If it didn't have a radiator up front I don't think most people would even know that it's liquid cooled.

I think new Triumphs are worse when it comes to proportions.  Kawasaki made a better looking trumpet with the w650 than Triumph did with their modern bikes.

That said, I think the RE 650 Intercepter is probably my favorite retro bike out there and they didn't even "copy' anything.  But the BSA is right there with it.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #14 - 12/05/21 at 07:52:47

zipidachimp wrote on 12/04/21 at 22:25:54:
The Supernova is 'tubeless' so why not all?
anyway:

The header looks a bit porky!
Cheers!  Cool
---------------

I agree with you about the header.  I'm guessing it's double walled.  Maybe they made it bigger to stave off discoloration??  (Though I think it could use a little discoloration.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:47:23

General CategoryThe Cafe › BSA GoldStar ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.