zevenenergie
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Netherlands   Den Haag
Re: Retirement
Reply #30 - 09/30/23 at 15:03:13

Ruttly wrote on 09/30/23 at 08:56:02:
Congrats out for Youzguyz , you will adjust. I’m 2 months in and still adjusting. I didn’t believe it till the checks started coming in. Some bumps in the road healthcare,Social security and never ending forms. By Thanksgiving the storm of forms should have passed and everything should be smoothed out. Another guy retired and I went to the dinner Thursday night and another in 2 weeks , I’ll go to that. Last night I cut the umbilical cord , I took my toolbox home. The boss and the crew still think I’m coming back , they put traffic cones where my toolbox stayed , saving my spot ! While I do miss my buddies and the action that goes on at the port , I do not miss working in the cold & rain & wind at night on overtime sometimes 7 days a week for weeks on end , what’s not to love ?
     Last night after I unloaded my toolbox by myself and rolled it in. All sweaty it began to sprinkle , very welcome rush of cool air felt so good , all quiet 12:30 am. Just about ready to close the garage , at that second a car parked across the street blew up and burnt to the ground. Never a dull moment !

"It,s nice to see you're getting there.

Do what you know is right. (you can always use fear as a counselor later)
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #31 - 10/03/23 at 21:53:53

Going on 5-1/2 years retired now.  The dust has finally settled, financially.  The shock of not having to go to work fades very quickly.  Have a plan, stay active, and have fun!!

295616548_10219113326159072_7921757347506606133_n_001.jpg

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #32 - 10/03/23 at 23:14:28

I am adjusting. I figure the first year will be chaos. I am adjusting. Me and my buddy both agree I have to build that BSA 250 so I have been collecting misc items , a box , newest addition low bend flat track bars 34 1/2” wide chrome of course. I’m so busy , I have to ride more it’s a cooler time of year. Staying busy not a problem. Got my 55 F100 running today first time it has run in 17 to 20 years , installed electronic ignition & I rebuilt the distributor too! Stabbed distributor first shot , started right up. Get it a new battery tomorrow , see if I can remember how to use a timing light , good practice for the BSAs and the SR500. Big fun , I know I’m sick.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/05/24 at 15:09:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Retirement

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.