Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding (Read 292 times)
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding
Reply #30 - 07/09/23 at 13:47:00

Ruttly,

Born in Marysville ‘49; moved to Olivehurst at 5 yrs. ‘55; then to Cupertino at 10 yrs. ‘60; then to Oklahoma in ‘67 upon HS graduation.  After that it was college (Parks College of Aeronautical Technology) for 2 years and then the US Army in ‘69.
Then Vietnam … Yeeee Haaaa

Just 2 years at Parks ?
Yes, too much partying and not enough studying.
It happens.  😎

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #31 - 07/09/23 at 18:19:04

About 2019 being the best year for MPG ?

My 2022 Meteor is a great flat-lander's bike and I'm averaging 83mpg.  I wouldn't ride double on it across the country , but ridding single on it would be just fine.    The RE-Company seems to give a hoot about fuel millage over getting every ounce of HP out of every "cc" and I think that is a good thing.

I would rather Honda make a 500cc version of their 350 Highness and sell me one of them rather than getting the 650 twin RE Super Meteor ... But  ... who know if Honda will ever come-a-round to my way of thinking ?

Maybe it's a little on the under-Squair side , even for a Thumper ?

https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cb350_h-ness.html

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 08/04/23 at 12:15:06

I just had lunch with some "old" motorcycle buddies, and one of them was riding a Benelli 500cc Leoncino.

It was a nice looking motorcycle.  He said it was very comfortable to ride and easily kept up with traffic on the interstate.....he said he had it up to 105 mph once.

It is a water cooled parallel twin.  It looked like some luggage and a small windscreen and it would be ready to go touring!

It weighs 460 pounds....which is only 10 pounds less than my 800cc BMW - that makes it seem a bit heavy for a smaller bike (but the weight did appear to be down lower and the seat was considerably closer to the ground).  

https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/benelli/standard/2022/leoncino/500/detail.html

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #33 - 08/04/23 at 19:35:14

The fender set-up is kind-a odd .   Then the liquid cooled thing too ... but somebody should like it !  Wink

They do make a proper looking bike in their 400cc.

https://www.motorcycle.com/specs/benelli/standard/2023/imperiale/400/detail.html

But there are those pesky inter-tubes again !    

I'm beginning to wonder if the Super Meteor will ever get to America ?  

I just did the 12,000 mile oil change and checking the valves on the 350RE.   It still fits my daily route just fine and gets GREAT fuel millage doing it , so I'm happy with it.   It's OK with leveling off at 70 mph on flat ground , but the fuel millage drops to the 70mpg neighborhood.
It's possible to put a performance cam in the 350RE to get an added 20% HP gain and just keep it.  The only time I want more power is while ridding double or in the mountains .   That's the plan if the Super Meteor don't work out.  
There was a saying assigned to the RE-Himalayan that went :  "It won't get to the designation first but - it will always get there"
I feel the same way about the 350RE motor.

The one I really want is a 500cc version of the Honda Hiness.

350Honda_002.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #34 - 08/04/23 at 23:32:26

Think there is a good possibility I would buy the Honda 350 but yes it should be a 500 , Honda needs an updated GB500. But a 350 from Honda might cut the mustard.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #35 - 08/05/23 at 12:53:39

Yes Rutty ,

The RE350  Meteor is virtually a lower seat version of the Honda 350 , or more correctly the Honda is a higher seat version of the  Meteor RE350 ?   Grin

One is 72mm bore and 86mm stroke (6100rpm-HP) (RE in its many forms)
Other is 70mm bore and 90mm stroke (5500rpm-HP)
Take your pick ?

All the other numbers are a toss up, the "Hunter 350" is the lighter one .

Like you said , border-line enough HP for USA , but more than enough for most of the world.

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #36 - 08/05/23 at 19:43:11

It’s about the ride , learn to relax and enjoy the ride and the world around you as you thump down the road. Find new roads cause they lead to more roads. Therapy , everyone needs some therapy , some more than others ! Bleed you brain of all thought and just ride.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #37 - 08/05/23 at 21:19:27

Your right ...

I need some new roads , even though I like the back-way I normally take to town .
Putt Putt-ing around at 50mph is super relaxing , and not slowing for the curves makes it even better !  Wink

It don't take a monster bike to have fun ridding ,
but
It does take a nice road to have fun ridding.

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #38 - 08/06/23 at 11:46:29

I prefer the long way around. Back in the day I commuted on one of my SR500s. On Friday night instead of straight up the freeway home I would take the long way home head west instead of north over the hills to the coast then ride north between that point and home is what is most likely no longer open  “Devils Slide”. Three or four mile stretch of unstable coast line that constantly slipping into the sea. Looking out over the Pacific about 1000 ft from the road to the sea , at night absolutely no light , windy , wet , winding uneven roadway from being repaired constantly. It was always a thrill ! Crash there they may never find you , absolute ideal riding , exciting on the edge riding. I was always in fear of loosing my lights on that road , hell it was a scary ride every Friday night with lights , hella fun ! Face your fears , find new roads. I miss that road , in daylight the view is fantastic.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #39 - 08/07/23 at 16:18:36

Now that I'm retired : I get to take the long way just about every where I go , " Just one of the perks of the job ! " Wink

I just LOVE my JOB !  Smiley

I never had one of the SR500's but I rode one once , I got a SX650 instead.
Between them both now the SR might have been the better choice ?

Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #40 - 08/08/23 at 12:06:11

I still learning proper retired etiquette (my big word for the day). Practice makes perfect , stop at yard n garage sales , oh whoops where does that road go ? Oo look at the cows , bugs must be near a river , a bridge let’s go see that , closer I get to the hills the winding roads begin ,  oh what now , really reserve , what time is it. Who knows , who cares !

I’m learning  Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #41 - 08/08/23 at 19:59:16

Just remember:

The Short Fast way is Never RIGHT , and The Long Pleasure way is Never WRONG.  Wink

I had a DR200 for the back-roads rides and it worked great while ridding by myself.  I put some Shinko 705's on it and all was good till found the seat was too short for two.

shinko-705-series-fr-parent__1_420x_001.jpg

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:56:09

General CategoryThe Cafe › Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.