Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding (Read 292 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding
06/05/23 at 07:03:09

Well , can a person really have too many motorcycles ?

I've seen video's of Jay Leno's collection !   Smiley

I can only dream about that ...  Roll Eyes

As of yesterday I'm down to only ONE BIKE .    Its the first time in a lot of years of not having a choice of "Which one today" ??

I sold the Guzzi to a young feller who just had to have it.    He said he "decided to buy a motorcycle today" !   He saw my add on facebook marketplace - he called - I told him bring cash !    

Come to find out ...  He don't even have drivers license yet !  I offered to pay for 1/2 the cost of a Motorcycle Training Class for him , but he said moneys no problem ... I told him be careful and enjoy.  

So I'm down to one , single cylinder motorcycle now , and that's OK.  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding
Reply #1 - 06/05/23 at 08:41:04

I would rather ride a single , it is the essence of riding a motorcycle. And maybe the best stress removing time I can spend , therapy , renewal ! Twins are cool but I prefer to just thump down the road. Nothing better than a nice day and a tank full of go juice and no place to be and a big single.
Good Times! Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #2 - 06/05/23 at 17:54:48

Love the one you're with.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 06/05/23 at 20:22:50

Grin      Grin Grin

Actually , the Meteor is a 2/3's power New Savage , with anti lock brakes , a fuel gauge , gear indicator , two trip sets , built in GPS , better mpg's , and a clock !   Very likeable machine , not a HOOLIGIAN machine but a great commuter machine, my last tank full returned 84.5 mpg.  50/50 -running 55-65mph or putt-putt-ing back-roads with my gal... 4 gallon tank.

I'm itching for the Super Meteor to come to the USA so I can have a 5/3's power - version of the Savage

Meteor2mpJan23.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 06/06/23 at 03:53:34

Ruttly wrote on 06/05/23 at 08:41:04:
I would rather ride a single , it is the essence of riding a motorcycle. And maybe the best stress removing time I can spend , therapy , renewal ! Twins are cool but I prefer to just thump down the road. Nothing better than a nice day and a tank full of go juice and no place to be and a big single.
Good Times! Cool

I agree - my Savage is a fun bike to ride on the curvy back roads when I need some mental therapy.  The engine is well suited to the 40-60mph rural roads and I can just leave the bike in high gear and motor along at 3,000-3,500 rpm effortlessly....some days I never use more than half throttle.  For me the thrill is rounding the corners at a brisk pace - speeding down the straight sections only results in me getting stuck behind slower cars and trucks sooner.

However - with the wife on the back seat and a windshield and bodywork to protect me when I get caught in the rain.....I sure do enjoy my twin cylinder sport touring bikes.   A few weeks ago my neighbor and I were riding on the Cherohala Skyway and it was windy and around 50 degrees.....I was really happy I had a windshield and heated grips!

I could get by with 2 motorcycles - I have the Savage Cafe' for my solo therapy rides, and I need to have a bike that Deb can ride on comfortably (A Savage is just not a comfortable bike for hauling 2 people around).  Our retirement years are going to involve travel around the US and we will haul a bike with us for doing day rides.

I seem to always have an "extra" bike - one that I buy because it intrigues me and/or is a good deal.  These bikes amuse me for a year or two - then I sell them and wait for something else to come along.  I really had a blast with my little Ninja 250, then it was a Honda CB125, 1962 Suzuki Hillbilly 80cc, then a Honda Trail 90.....and currently it is a Honda Trail 110.  Having a fleet of motorcycles however is time consuming to keep them maintained properly - seems one always needs an oil change or tires!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 06/06/23 at 08:16:41

Hoard what you can afford. I have no new bikes , my newest bike is my 2002 Sportster. Just not many new bikes that I want to buy. It’s really has impress me be fore I’m buying. I don’t need fancy electronics or a Cel phone  charger or gps or abs. The only modern feature I need is a happy button. Old , stubborn ,set in my ways somebody build a bike that impresses me. Almost beginning to believe the New BSA isn’t coming here. My tracker is a great bike , just not an all day type of bike. I guess I can live with a sore as$ !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #6 - 06/06/23 at 08:46:20

Quote:
Our retirement years are going to involve travel around the US and we will haul a bike with us for doing day rides.

You should come by Carson City when you do this.  We have some great mountains roads around here, and of course the Beautiful Lady, Lake Tahoe.  The scenery does not disappoint!  We are only 30-40 minutes from the lake.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 06/06/23 at 09:43:57

Ruttly I'm with ya on the part where the bike manufactures need to "Impress Me" with some "Old-School charm" !   I do want tubeless tires if possible !!  Wink

Currently the only thing I'm impressed with is the "soon to be arriving Super Meteor" , so until then my long range trips are on hold !!  Tongue

I'm taking the 350 Meteor to Suches this weekend and that involves some interstate travel ... so ... I'll get a good taste of what 70mph cruise is like on it.   It's geared like the Savage is (redline 5th @ 90 something).
I've had two Sportsters but they were the rubber mounted ones.

springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #8 - 06/06/23 at 12:51:55

MM, I can't believe you're down to one bike. Shocked

I have to admit though, I really do want to take a look a the super meteor when it gets here. Have fun in Sucnes.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #9 - 06/06/23 at 17:59:05

I have to admit though, I really do want to take a look a the super meteor when it gets here. Have fun in Suches.

If its anywhere as good as the reviews then :     I really like the looks of the Green ... but I'd have to buy all the touring stuff extra ???  Undecided  Maybe the Blue and White with the touring package ...  Roll Eyes  

The ride to Suches started as a South East Guzzi Enthuses monthly lunch meeting.   They all have multi bikes and show up on a different one every month , so it don't matter .   They have never took a after lunch ride , but the meets are always at some neat little out of the way place.  Most of them camp the weekend near the lunch place , and that's what I'm doing this time.   Thursday through Saturday.  
I wish you could join us ,
Hay Natchez MS is a fun ride from my end with a free campground in the middle and one more at each end !.   Maybe we should move this conversation to another thread ?  Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #10 - 06/07/23 at 03:29:02

MMRanch wrote on 06/06/23 at 09:43:57:
Ruttly I'm with ya on the part where the bike manufactures need to "Impress Me" with some "Old-School charm" !   I do want tubeless tires if possible !!  Wink

So.....maybe you should just buy a vintage bike!

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/d/middletown-1967-bsa-spitfire-mk11/762...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #11 - 06/07/23 at 05:32:29

That is a beautiful example of a BSA 650.  1967 was the best year for performance from the Lightning/Spitfire models.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #12 - 06/07/23 at 12:08:23

I was thinking more on the lines of a nice Norton 850 , oh yeah ! One of the later models that has the happy button option !   Cool

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #13 - 06/07/23 at 12:11:56

In metallic blue
100% OEM , tires & grips ok

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #14 - 06/07/23 at 12:18:51

The only kick start bike I would consider would be a Norton Manx

Holy Grail of all thumpers !

For those of you that don’t know , Manx means (born on the isle)
Isle of Man

Never loose your ability to Dream !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:03:17

General CategoryThe Cafe › Buying and Selling / Playing and Ridding

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!