The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Spring Fever
Reply #136 - 08/12/23 at 08:27:44

I still haven’t bought my retirement bike yet ! Or my retirement truck yet either. I will ease up a bit as I adjust to my new born freedom.
Savage engine is large , I think it’s too big for a BSA frame , the sure footed handling of a BSA and a happy button & Savage engine would make a fine motorcycle. Ah , I’ll just build that 250 it’s got enough thump to keep me smiling.

« Last Edit: 08/16/23 at 21:55:11 by Ruttly »  

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #137 - 08/12/23 at 09:41:45

LANCER wrote on 08/12/23 at 04:47:05:
Do you have a cruise speed ?

once every 60 years... I'm good until 120.   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #138 - 08/12/23 at 10:36:53

Slowing things down is all my tools , I have my grandfathers , my fathers , my brothers , my tools from a lifetime of buying tools and being a mechanic.
Sort it all out give the rest to my son in-laws , then get my F100 running and sold. Then I can build some bikes , money from the F100 can buy another lift table and big enough for both sized piece carpeting. New stereo & tv for garage. I am and always will be “shop personnel “. Grease monkey, wrench,dumb mechanic and the one that makes me want to start swinging “Hey Gomer” ! I Just want to build & ride them , ride more ya ride more , new roads. Garage Dwelling Troll , just a friends opinion.   Grin Grin Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #139 - 08/12/23 at 13:05:45

Garage Dwelling Troll … yep, got the picture of that.  🧐

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #140 - 08/12/23 at 22:17:33

Go get my half a Savage on Sunday , missing front end , tank , seats , carb.
Hmmm I got seats , i got carbs , I got exhaust , think I have a BSA tank in the warehouse. Amazon has tanks , just need a front end. Not this time , it’s gettin stripped , I’m keeping all the electrical and engine , I’ll have to see about the rest of it. If the engine is crap I’ll make a lamp out of it , have almost all the parts for a SR500 lamp too. Build a bobber , no no no a rat bike any part any color make it go. Or a $1000 rally bike I still got $1000 to make it go , registration would eat that up.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #141 - 08/12/23 at 23:35:22

Maybe a new engine for the tracker , I like the lamp idea better. On/Off can’t be real tuff.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #142 - 08/13/23 at 12:00:49

I saw a B50 engine listed on eBay in the last couple of days.

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #143 - 08/15/23 at 14:36:55

That would be one pricey $$ lamp ! Never even considered it , a Suzuki,Yamaha,Honda  oh yeah ! A BSA Lamp , gotta draw the line there !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #144 - 08/17/23 at 09:14:38

Distractions while riding chip away at reaction times. While I do believe helmet to helmet communication is a good thing as long as as it doesn’t require your hands.
I was sitting in traffic a Dresser rolls by lane splitting stereo blasting , tapping on his cell phone and vaping too. When a car a few ahead of my truck , puts his turn signal on starts a textbook lane change when Mr Kool plows into his rear bumper and falls over , absolutely never saw what he hit and absolutely no braking. As we age reaction time slows , only distraction on my bars is the mirrors & speedo. This was a classic example of riding distracted , riding stupid. Don’t be this guy !
Ride aware, ride safe, stay focused, Enjoy the ride !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #145 - 08/17/23 at 09:50:35

Cafe racers are art , a personal expression. I watched a video about how this guy doesn’t like cafe racers. First off cafe racers are an emulation of a bygone era. It’s a small percentage of riders that have to be different , not want but have to be. They just see the bike in a different light , what it needs and what it doesn’t , it a sense a fashion statement. Where I grew up it was very common so I was exposed to classic survivors , cafe racers , of course street trackers , even choppers. A healthy respect to all builds , knowing that it was a normal condition to be a builder , not just a rider.
My tracker fits in the description , might appear to be a cafe even if it still has a helmet lock, horn,mirrors,speedo and full complement of legal (well) lighting. It’s not some Sunday only bike , the tracker is a daily rider , built tough to deal with the abuse I can dish out.
Cafe racers are maybe a different breed , as a builder I respect their vision
& execution.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #146 - 08/17/23 at 12:31:40

Ruttly wrote on 08/17/23 at 09:14:38:
Distractions while riding chip away at reaction times. While I do believe helmet to helmet communication is a good thing as long as as it doesn’t require your hands.

I agree that you don't need any distractions while riding a motorcycle.  I don't listen to the radio and I make GPS changes while stopped.

The last few rides I was leading all 3 of us had Sena radios and we could communicate with each other.  It was nice as I was leading and I could warn the following riders about crap in the road, sharp curves, etc.  I am a more experienced rider than the two following me and I could prepare them for what was coming their way.  It actually can help make us all safer as there are several sets of eyes to spot deer or other potential hazards.....and can even help spot the ideal restaurant when the time comes.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #147 - 08/17/23 at 15:26:51

Did my 40+ mile ride this morning before it gets real hot , was 114 in the shade the other day. I’m not sure what symptoms that might have on a vm38 carb. When it’s that hot I usually won’t ride , 95 max. The new 38 gives great delivery , all throttle super fun to ride , jetting near perfect.
No changes for next 5 rides. Tighten the mirrors , lube the chain , find new filter & oil ,getting there. Been havin stare downs with that other savage engine ,it speaks to me. Build me ,build me, the voices in my head are very demanding. If I build it then I gotta buy another to put it in. Kinda want not a stocker but a cruiser in my own way. It’s in my head already. Take a number many bikes to finish first. Guess I need a board on the wall to show the backlog of bikes waiting for the table.

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #148 - 08/18/23 at 00:25:43

I cleaned up about half of the garage, ok , maybe a third , ok, I swept up , a bit. There must be ten  5 gal buckets full of tools and more still to come home from work , already gave five buckets of tools away. Try to put the garbage out stuffed full. I’m gettin there , I’m actually enjoying throwing stuff out. I only kept the engine and all the electrics and the swingarm. Dumping the rest in the scrap steel bin (no papers). Have to make room for more bikes.    Shocked

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #149 - 08/18/23 at 04:07:11

So when is the Grand Opening for your new motorcycle shop ?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 28
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 14:57:33

General CategoryThe Cafe › Spring Fever

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.