Send Topic Print
Dual Sport Anyone ? (Read 300 times)
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Re: Dual Sport Anyone ?
Reply #15 - 01/31/22 at 10:23:09

Dave , A Honda 90/110/125 will billy goat to the upper reaches with ease. I still want another one it’s just a matter of finding a good one. I owned 6 over the years, without a doubt absolutely the funnest bike money can buy ! A pack of trail 90s with a pack of old farts going to the top would be Big Fun

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 01/31/22 at 14:46:15

Ruttly:

One of the reasons I sold my Sherco - was nobody around here had one to ride with me.

I would go to the Big Rock off road park in Maysville, KY and ride sometimes.  They had a bunch of earth moving tires half buried and stacked that I could climb around on - but they had 2,000 acres and I would go explore.  The Sherco wasn't any fun on the smooth roads, and I would find the gnarliest eroded trails to make the trials bike fun.  I could ride for hours and not see anyone.....and that started to scare me.  They did make you sign in and if I didn't sign out they would eventually come looking for me - but I rode in places that were not easy to get to!  The Sherco was so good at getting over rough terrain!

I am still looking for a nice little Honda Trail 90/110....or maybe even the newer 125.  The new one doesn't have the dual speed transmission....I think I want to have the dual range.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 01/31/22 at 19:58:40

So , Dave

If I get one of those little 135 street legal mini bikes from Sloan's (they ride double too) , then what are you going to ride ?    

Yea , we got till spring .   Wink     Maybe , after we get back from Texas ?  

That Kawasaki dealer hasn't call yet ???   Sad   But its not been a week yet ?

There might be another one come along ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 01/31/22 at 22:20:26

OK guys ,

I'm going to go pick this up Wednesday if anything don't change between now and then.  

DR200Knoxville.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 02/01/22 at 02:28:53

Nice ride MM......looks like it has a massive pool of oil under the kickstand! Wink

No....you won't get me riding a Grom or a Benelli mini bike.  I am not that old and feeble yet, and I still want to ride a real motorcycle.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #20 - 02/01/22 at 16:38:34

looks like it has a massive pool of oil under the kickstand!

Roll Eyes

If it was in my house , I'm sure Marcia would require a massive pool of oil under it too !   Grin

So , today I went by and checked on the other one in the next town over , The Kawasaki dealer still want to keep it ... so it looks like I'm going to Knoxville tomorrow.  The blue one must have been indoors most of its life , its a 2004 model and still looks that good.
I can't help but wonder :   Should I use double the money and get the Himalaya ?   Huh

The DR200 seems to be a real BIKE !
Of all the other one similar to it ... the DR has the bigger fuel tank of the under 300# bunch

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #21 - 02/02/22 at 17:39:58

Well ,

We went and got it today !   Smiley

Its only got 2,134.6 miles on it.   After inspecting it up close ...

There's a ding in both sides of the tank (tiny)
One side has a touch of rash in one spot.

The headlight has one bolt and two zip ties holding it on.

The seat bolts are missing ???

A young fella about 20 had it , and I guess he don't know Auto Zone sells 6mm bolts in little bags almost as cheep as zip ties .   Roll Eyes

I'll take it to my shop in the next day or two to see what else is 'Zip-Tied" !   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I'm thinking :  
Pull the fuel tank and pressurize (maybe ... 75#'s) it to make sure the sides are not popped in a little , and do some light buffing on it.

So , its a 18 year old bike with only 2K miles on it ?    Looks to me like somebody skins a knee on it --- then parks it in the back corner for 16-17 years ?
Don't know how this young man get ahold of it but ... I'll go to the court house tomorrow to make sure every thing is on the up and up .  Huh

« Last Edit: 02/02/22 at 19:31:42 by MMRanch »  

Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #22 - 02/03/22 at 06:48:05

I just came across this article yesterday:  https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-news/john-wayne-s-honda-sells...

The SL350 was "supposedly" Honda's fist dual sport.  No matter what you call it, this particular specimen is gorgeous.

JohnWayne_Honda_350_1.JPG

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 02/03/22 at 08:25:37

I'll take it!...
Always wanted one of those.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 02/03/22 at 15:00:41

Hay Tocsik
You want to trade ?  

Really I'd rather have the 360 version .

But yea ,  I could live with the 250 Rebel motor on the same style , heck the light 250 Rebel motor would be great in a bike like that.

I had a CB350 (1971) it was a great little bike , but a little heavy for a dual sport (36 HP-??/330#)  It was a lot like a Savage !   Smiley

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #25 - 02/03/22 at 16:11:54

When I was just getting into motorcycles I had a 1972 Kawasaki F6, 125 Enduro.  We had several abandoned strip mines nearby where all the locals guys would go riding.  They had lots of steep hills, and fun roads with plenty of places to jump.

There were 3 or 4 guys that had Honda SL350's who were really good riders.  They had knobbies on their bikes, and I was amazed how they could climb the un-groomed slopes with all the loose dirt.  They would be throwing a rooster tail of loose dirt behind them as the bike clawed it's way to the top!

A few years later we could get real dirt bikes in our rural area and those guys were riding and racing Husqvarna, and I had a Suzuki TM125 I raced.  (I was small and light and the 125 fit me very well).  
« Last Edit: 02/04/22 at 05:01:26 by Dave »  

1971_Kawasaki_F6_125cc_001.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 02/03/22 at 18:38:35

https://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_TM125

Looks "LIGHT"  to me !  

I was looking at HP rating for the 250 Rebel (17HP) and the DR200 (20HP) , ...
I'll guess this DR would FLY with only you on it !

I put a manual petcock on it today and pressurized the tank to pop the knee spot out of the right side of it today. (60 lbs did it)
Also I got some "touch-up" paint to cover the "touch of rash" on the right side too.  Its drying now.  Smiley
There's a spot where the seat touches the tank that needs a touch of paint too.

Dave , Which one's  you looking at ?  Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 02/04/22 at 04:59:14

The TM125 weighed 189 pounds, it had 17.5 HP @ 10,000 rpm and it was a great bike for my 135 pound body!

I could keep up with just about any size bike/rider - the only thing I could not do on it that the big bikes could do is to climb the un-groomed strip mine slopes.......the bike just didn't have the HP/torque needed to claw up the steep and loose rock.

(See MM......I used to get my bikes dirty). Wink 

IMG_9673.JPG

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #28 - 02/04/22 at 08:06:49

OH ....  Embarrassed ...  The Filth and the Mud ... How could you stand it !!! OH Yuck , Yuck ...  :'( :'( Kiss :'( :'(

I'll bet you were grinning like a Possum in the Chicken house trying to see out them muddy googles !   Grin

I can stand a little dust and a touch of mud sometimes if I have to !  

I liked my old CD175 even if 60mph was fast on it !  

Chain guard enclosed
Real fenders with flairs
Road like a Marshmallow
One carb simple

excuse me : I need to go to Ebay and see if a pair of those fenders are listed now !  Wink

450px-1975_honda_CD175_001.jpg

MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 02/04/22 at 09:21:27

Kawasaki 1971 F7 175 on ebay ?

Looks like your 125 Dave ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203808669426?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111000...

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:01:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dual Sport Anyone ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.