Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Events for 2022
Reply #210 - 04/21/22 at 05:46:37

Youzguys dropped us off at Luckenbach and we stayed and listened to a few musicians before heading back home.

Luckenbach.JPG

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #211 - 04/21/22 at 05:48:45

Here are a few of the local chickens cleaning up the seeds that were falling from the trees.

We headed home and the ride for the day was 231 miles for Deb and I.

Rooster.JPG

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #212 - 04/22/22 at 15:09:20

The last day's ride is done.  It has been a GOOD week!  The weather cooperated.. for the most part.  I was the only one who got soaked, and that was on the ride home one of the days.   Could have used a bit less wind.. but it felt good when sitting on the verandas of various establishments.
It is really nice to talk to people so you can put faces and personalities with names.  If you ever get a chance to ride with people on the forum.. do it!  It is FUN!

Here is a link to the pictures I took.  I may caption a few for clarity.. or confusion.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/XzqyGSmr9xLzuLqG8

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
TheSneeze
Serious Thumper

Northern Nevada
Reply #213 - 04/22/22 at 18:34:01

Thanks for posting all the pictures and adventures!  Looks like it was a blast.

Every twenty minute job is a stripped thread away from being a three day ordeal.

'87 LS650h Savage Street Tracker
'86 LS650g Savage (parts bike)
'81 Kawasaki KZ750e ELR tribute
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #214 - 04/22/22 at 20:01:03

Yep, it was a blast.

The mileage total for Thursday was around 131.....we stopped and yacked a lot.

The mileage total for Friday was 178.

The total trip mileage was 918 for Deb and I...….youzguys most likely traveled a lot more as he had a long commute both ways!  (NOTE:  The math may not work out exactly if you add up the individual days.....I posted the daily mileage as best I could remember what my trip odometer said at the end of the day).

The wildflowers were a bit scarce this year......this area is very dry and the fields were very brown in most areas.  Youzguys took us to  Medina Lake and has only 22% of the capacity.....the water level was far from what is the shoreline when the reservoir is full.

Traffic on the roads that youzguys took us is pretty light, and very often cars and trucks pull over and let us pass when they see us behind them.  The speed limits on the rural 2 lane roads can often be 70mph, and that takes a bit of getting used to when the same roads in Kentucky would have a 55mph limit.  

We are all packing up and headed home tomorrow.....although Springman and his brother in law Steve were considering leaving tonight so they could beat the rain that is forecast for tomorrow morning.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #215 - 04/24/22 at 07:41:26

Home safe and sorta sound.
Great trip, I'd do it again... and again... and again...   Grin

WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #216 - 04/24/22 at 09:28:54

It’s a good thing to be able to spend time with good friends doing something we enjoy and having good fellowship along the way.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #217 - 04/24/22 at 18:31:18

Deb and I just got home.  We left around 9:30 Saturday morning and stopped for the night just past Little Rock, Arkansas about 9PM.  Traffic around Austin and on up to Dallas was incredibly busy on a Saturday morning and we had several places of slow going.

We left the hotel this morning around 8AM and traffic was better until we got to the north side of Nashville - there was a long backup and we were able to take an exit and take a half hour detour around the problem.  We got home at 6PM....the data in the car said we traveled 1,278 miles in a bit less than 21 hours.....that is a 60mph average which isn't bad considering the slow areas.  (The driving time only includes the time the car was running....and none of the fuel or food stops......we had to get fuel every 200 miles so we had 6 fuel stops).

The riding and fellowship were great!

One "non-ride" event that Deb and I discovered was some of the history of the Texas Rangers.  There was a PBS documentary on a DVD.http://www.lovingtruthbooks.com/V2/Res.aspx?xr=t&Sku=2188

Deb and I were staying in Center point and the cemetery has more Texas Rangers buried there than anywhere else.  The documentary told amazing stories of the lawmen, and how they would often take on a foe who outnumbered by huge odds....and come out the victors.  They did point out that they methods they used would not be deemed acceptable by the standards of today - but it was the "Wild West" and the rangers had to resort to tough tactics if they wanted to survive and create order and protect the law abiding citizen.

We also learned about the US trying out Camels as pack animals just before the Civil War.  The outpost/fort was called Camp Verde and it was just a few miles from Center Point.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #218 - 04/24/22 at 19:02:47

Thanks all. It was a tremendous week. I hope we continue to do this well into our 80's + if God will allow us.

Steve and I did leave Friday night as the weather was absolutely delicious that night and Steve was scared of being held up by the possible morning rain. We made it to my house just before 3 am and I am sure we both quickly fell asleep. Thanks to my wife for being understanding when we woke her up upon arriving.

Steve should be home by now and I will probably give him a call tomorrow to see how his trip went.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #219 - 04/25/22 at 08:02:39

Got home yesterday about 21:00hrs.    I needed to stop and walk-a-bit about 1/2 way , so I went by the Bass Pro Shop in Memphis (the big one by the Arkansas bridge).
It has the Aquarum in the floor and boat dock walks through/on top of it.    There are some BIG fish swimming around in it too !  The bigger one is about 4-4.5 foot long.  For comparison that trash can on the shore line is the 2'x2' comercial size .
« Last Edit: 04/27/22 at 06:39:36 by MMRanch »  

Fish_BassProShop.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #220 - 04/25/22 at 14:07:03

I wanted to stop at the Bass Pro Shops pyramid.....but we just could not take the time going either way.

Next year I will be fully retired and we can take some extra stops along the way....and we are likely to take time to go see Big Bend - while there is still some water in the Rio Grande River!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bend_National_Park

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #221 - 04/26/22 at 08:43:32

That looks like a neat area to visit !    Smiley  

I lived in ElPaso for two year and should have went to visit the Big Bend area while I was there but must have been too busy with army stuff .

The weather in the area looks very frindly toward SPRING TIME TRAVLERS   Wink.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #222 - 04/26/22 at 12:54:36

motorcycle roads only lists one 150 mile loop and a few short add ons.

the sauceda bunkhouse offers $35/night single bunk

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #223 - 04/26/22 at 17:13:21

verslagen1 wrote on 04/26/22 at 12:54:36:

I think it is a place that you would be done riding in a day or two.....Deb would want to spend time off the bike hiking!

Going there would increase my 21 hour drive to nearly 30!  It is likely that the trip would be broken down to several days of commute with fun stops along the way.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #224 - 04/26/22 at 20:49:18

Dave wrote on 04/26/22 at 17:13:21:
verslagen1 wrote on 04/26/22 at 12:54:36:

I think it is a place that you would be done riding in a day or two.....Deb would want to spend time off the bike hiking!

Going there would increase my 21 hour drive to nearly 30!  It is likely that the trip would be broken down to several days of commute with fun stops along the way.

Yep, we could combine it with hill country run next year... before or after.

You might want to check out balmorthea state park

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 19
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/26/24 at 04:06:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Events for 2022

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.