Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Continental Tires (Read 46 times)
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Continental Tires
07/28/21 at 20:03:20

Good evening all, sitting in the parking lot of my hotel in Chattanooga. Dreaming about purchasing motorcycle parts namely tires LOL. I have Dunlops on right now but the bike and sat for too long in the hole there but they’re dry rotted. Any word on continentals? I know in the vehicle world they’re kind of Walmarty if you know what I mean. However I’m clueless when it comes to motorcycle tires…

« Last Edit: 12/10/21 at 08:27:31 by Dave »  

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

Do not fear mistakes, there are none.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Continental Tires
Reply #1 - 12/10/21 at 08:32:34

The place you posted this question was pretty obscure, and likely nobody was going to see it there......so I moved it to a place where folks will see it.

My current favorite tires on my sport touring bikes are Continental Road 3 tires.  They steer incredibly well and the ride is much nicer than what I have experienced with Michelin tires on them....especially as they wear.

Continental tires have been around a long time, and I don't believe they are cheaply made.....although they may have some lower cost tires models.

If you only ride a couple thousand miles a year......consider using Shinko tires.  They are affordable and ride nicely and about the time they are 5 years old you will have about 10,000 miles on them and the tread will be done, and you can replace them.

If you ride 10,000 miles a year - the Michelin Commander is probably the best tire as it could last you 2 years.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Theduderino

The dude abides…

Looziana
Re: Continental Tires
Reply #2 - 12/12/21 at 08:32:37

My bad that was a while ago.

2000 Savage LS650P. Bobber kit, PWK CARB, air box mod. Rear bearing/spacer mod..

Do not fear mistakes, there are none.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/27/24 at 10:55:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Continental Tires

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.