ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Carb Needle & Seat
Reply #16 - 12/30/20 at 04:07:41

gtenginerd wrote on 12/29/20 at 20:24:26:
Where do you get 100LL? Can I ride it up to STL and say 'Filler Up'?  Grin

The best bet for getting 100LL is a small airport.  I go to the Pendleton County Airport and there is never anybody there - the fuel pump uses a credit card and works just like a convenience store pump (except the nozzle is huge and they want you to enter the registration number on the plane).  The chain link fence prevents me from driving out amongst the planes - and I have to take fuel jugs to purchase the fuel.  If you go to a larger airport that uses fuel trucks to fill the planes - you are not likely going to get anybody to sell you fuel.  

Avgas is great for storage as it doesn't have any ethanol in it, and it will never varnish up anything - it just evaporates eventually and leaves a trace of blue dye behind.

Avgas is not a direct replacement for Motogas.......it runs richer and it also contains lead and should not be used in anything with an oxygen sensor or catalytic convertor.  The LL stand for "Low Lead" and is a bit misleading - it actually contains about the same amount of lead as the gas that used to be sold for cars - 100LL has less lead than the 100/130 and 115/145 Avgas that is used in high performance aircraft engines (very hard to find).

Another source of good fuel is to find a gas station near a drag racing or circle track - often there will be a place that sells lead free Cam2 or similar racing fuels.  This fuel has an excellent shelf live as well.  Also you can use the Pure Fuel website and find a station that sells ethanol free fuel - I got to a marina to get mine.....it is 91 octane and ethanol free (the marinas in the northern states are likely closed for the season).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Slowlane

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Carb Needle & Seat
Reply #17 - 12/30/20 at 10:59:32

I had to beat this out with a wood dowell. " alt="" title="" border="0" />

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home