Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them (Read 118 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them
Reply #15 - 07/13/20 at 10:18:04

For me, a big question is

How, after YEARS of wrong policy, and a society that is wrapped in drug and gang culture, where violence is a daily concern, something the folks who live there know about, know where its most likely and avoid those places,, but people live there,, and where are the opportnities for these young people? How do they stand a chance of avoiding The Life? And If a young man decides to find a job at a grocery store and take his earnngs home to mom and help support his family, will the thugs in the neighborhood NOt shoot him for it?

The policies created this mess,, finding a way out, I just dont know,, when these are the headlines,,

CHICAGO - Sixty-four people were shot, 13 of them fatally, across Chicago over the weekend.

Fifteen-year-old Terrance Malden, who was gunned down about 4:50 p.m. Friday in Jeffery Manor on the South Side, was the weekend’s first victim. Five other teenagers were wounded in separate shootings between then and Monday morning.

Ad Content by Taboola |
Sponsored Stories
Montana Man Discovers He Has Oldest DNA in America
Genetics Digest
|
Sponsored
Explore Your Past 50 Generations - 50% Off
CRI Genetics
|
Sponsored
The alarming numbers marked a dip from the gun violence that befell the city over the Fourth of July weekend, when 79 people were shot, 15 fatally. Eleven of those victims were minors, and two of the children died from their injuries.

In the same weekend last year, nine people were killed and 32 more were wounded.

Monday morning

The most recent fatal attack left a man dead early Monday in Park Manor on the South Side.

The 27-year-old was on the street about 1:45 a.m. in the 6700 block of South Rhodes Avenue when someone fired shots from a vehicle, Chicago police said. He was struck in the head and pronounced dead at the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Less than an hour before that, a 26-year-old man was shot and killed in Lawndale on the West Side.

He was standing on the sidewalk about 12:24 a.m. in the 1500 block of South Homan Avenue when he was gunned down, police said. The man was found unresponsive and pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital.

Sunday

Late Sunday night, a man was shot to death and two teenagers were wounded at a gas station in West Englewood on the South Side.

They were in a vehicle at a gas station at 11:28 p.m. in the 7000 block of South Damen Avenue when a silver SUV pulled up and someone inside started shooting, according to police. The driver, a 20-year-old man, was shot multiple times and taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where he died.

A 14-year-old boy was shot in the back and a 17-year-old boy was hit in the right arm, police said. Both were taken to Comer Children’s Hospital in good condition.

Another attack earlier that night left a man dead and three people wounded in Englewood.

Officers responding to a call of a person shot about 9:47 p.m. found the 45-year-old man unresponsive with multiple gunshot wounds in the 700 block of West 66th Place, police said. He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Soon after, three other people showed up at St. Bernard Hospital saying they had been shot at the same location, police said. Two men, 27 and 33, and a 20-year-old woman were all shot in their legs, and all were in good condition.

Early Sunday morning, a 26-year-old man was shot dead in the same neighborhood.

About 5:15 a.m., he was standing in the 2100 block of West 71st Street when he heard shots and felt pain, Chicago police said. He was struck multiple times and taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, whe

Whats the next step?
Whats the first step toward changing that society back to something that isnt a good storyline for a science fiction work?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #16 - 07/14/20 at 18:39:21

I'm surprised nobody offered anything.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 07/14/20 at 19:30:37

"I'm surprised nobody offered anything."

Why?

My understanding is people here have already said what they think the "solution" is.  Its usually along the lines of Add guns, more police.  Add guns, less police.  Less guns, more police.  Less guns, less police.  Get rid of the politicians.  Change the education system.  Longer/stricter penalties.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #18 - 07/14/20 at 19:43:49

I guess I'd just like to see what people think is the answer after decades of wrong policy creating a society in shambles, and see how they suggest is a way back to a decent place to live, instead of a likely place to bury your son.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #19 - 07/15/20 at 04:24:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 07/14/20 at 18:39:21:
I'm surprised nobody offered anything.

Maybe because the people who are NOT the problem are fed up with being told that they ARE the problem  There is no solution until the idiots that are killing each other figure out that THEY are the problem, and change their attitudes and behavior.

Fu*k 'em. It isn't MY fault, and I don't care anymore. If black lives actually mattered to black folks and the lefties that pretend to care about and pander to them they'd change. But apparently they don't, so they wont.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 07/16/20 at 21:32:31

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/03/24 at 17:58:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No, DUMBASS,, The wrong people have them

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.