Send Topic Print
Less we forget....... (Read 192 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Less we forget.......
Reply #30 - 10/21/19 at 05:05:31

You can legislate religion out of the government but you can't legislate religion out of legislators. If someone's religious beliefs are central to their character, its going to come out in their proposals and responses to other's proposals.

But the positive influence Christianity has had on the nation is undeniable. Its also undeniable the trend that people, as a whole, are moving away from historical religious practices. That too will make its way into legislators. If that hurts the nation is up for debate. I say it already has and will continue to.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #31 - 10/21/19 at 05:54:54

Its has Mark, however, the "church" itself shares the brunt of this blame....

Just simply put, when the divorce rate of those who identify as a christian is pretty much the same as those who do not.....

When you break apart the family, you break apart so much Mark, the rippling effect is huge, not to even touch about hypocrisy and its false witness, the damage that causes.....

Repair always starts with self, not at pointing out fault in others, and as a whole, I believe this age of mega churches, super star preachers, etc, has caused us to wander, just like so many times in the O.T.

I too, stand guilty......every day.  Embarrassed

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Mavigogun
Serious Thumper

We roll farther
together

Progressive Texas
Reply #32 - 10/21/19 at 06:04:36

WebsterMark wrote on 10/21/19 at 05:05:31:

But the positive influence Christianity has had on the nation is undeniable. Its also undeniable the trend that people, as a whole, are moving away from historical religious practices. That too will make its way into legislators. If that hurts the nation is up for debate. I say it already has and will continue to.

Christians love to believe this.   Slavery.  Regarding of women as chattel.  Abuse of animals and the natural world.  Denial of our central role in the climate catastrophe.   Persecution of neighbors for their sex.  A brief sampling of a very few of the horrors delivered to us via Christiandom.   The only thing “undeniable” here is prejudice.  

In one thread, a view of the world  as ‘better than ever’ was promoted- during a time with an ever-lowering portion adhering to Christianity.    Correlation ain’t causation - and anything can be rationalized.   A sampling of occupants of our prison systems shows a proportionately lower representation of atheists than Christians- demonstrative only that the claimed clarity does not exist.

2007 LS650 s40, presently being rebuilt
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/21/19 at 06:19:31

"I'm not looking it up again.
It's not important enough to me."

That's ok, I have some people looking into it already.

There is no Supreme Court Rulings regarding Christmas in schools.  Nothing has been overturned, there are no documented, so far, schools that have had legal issues in regards to the handing out of Christmas cards however this will take a week or so to scan every case file on record.

In 2011 some schools banned the handing out of Christmas card during class, as well as handing out all other cards.  

This also of course means you are referencing in your argument court rulings that never happened.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 10/21/19 at 06:21:58

"You can legislate religion out of the government but you can't legislate religion out of legislators. If someone's religious beliefs are central to their character, its going to come out in their proposals and responses to other's proposals."

Do you know of legislation that has taken religion out of government?  I've always been under the impression that our Constitution in Article 6 has prohibited any religious requirement to begin with.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 10/21/19 at 06:41:50

Eegore wrote on 10/21/19 at 06:21:58:
"You can legislate religion out of the government but you can't legislate religion out of legislators. If someone's religious beliefs are central to their character, its going to come out in their proposals and responses to other's proposals."

Do you know of legislation that has taken religion out of government?  I've always been under the impression that our Constitution in Article 6 has prohibited any religious requirement to begin with.

Again with the Captain Obvious....! Seriously dude, we've got to get a drink sometime.....

My point is Representatives bring their life experiences with them. A doctor brings a passion for healthcare, a Vet brings a passion for patriotism, a Christian brings a passion for service. Those manifest themselves in their legislative agenda. That's all I'm saying. There's a way for Christianity and valuable attributes from all religions to make their way into the business of the nation.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 10/21/19 at 07:16:05

"Again with the Captain Obvious....! Seriously dude, we've got to get a drink sometime....."

I don't consume alcohol.

I was asking since it must not be that obvious to everyone.  In this thread there is claims that the Supreme Court has overturned rulings regarding religious practice in public schools regarding Christmas cards and similar.  Nobody I know can find information about this and we have full records to every Supreme Court case available in a database.

Maybe, since so many people bring up the "laws changing" to eliminate Christianity etc. that there is somewhere a law or legislation.  It's just that nobody I have met thus far can reference one.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 10/21/19 at 20:20:32

Eegore wrote on 10/21/19 at 06:19:31:
"I'm not looking it up again.
It's not important enough to me."

That's ok, I have some people looking into it already.

There is no Supreme Court Rulings regarding Christmas in schools.  Nothing has been overturned, there are no documented, so far, schools that have had legal issues in regards to the handing out of Christmas cards however this will take a week or so to scan every case file on record.

In 2011 some schools banned the handing out of Christmas card during class, as well as handing out all other cards.  

This also of course means you are referencing in your argument court rulings that never happened.

Hey jog......

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/07/24 at 17:44:19

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Less we forget.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.