Be optimistic...... (Read 204 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Be optimistic......
06/18/19 at 05:40:00

Go forward confidently, energetically attacking problems, expecting favorable outcomes. - Norman Vincent Peale

The people whom I have seen succeed best in life have always been cheerful and hopeful people who went about their business with a smile on their faces. - Charles Kingsley

No Christian can be a pessimist, for Christianity is a system of radical optimism.
- William Ralph Inge

Dear Lord, I will look for the best in other people, I will expect the best from You, and I will try my best to do my best—today and every day. Amen

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Be optimistic......
Reply #1 - 06/18/19 at 11:54:42

Does starting threads for the sole purpose of attacking another member part of that "I will look for the best in other people," fit into this idea?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 06/18/19 at 12:22:27

Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 06/18/19 at 14:41:09

Eegore wrote on 06/18/19 at 11:54:42:
 Does starting threads for the sole purpose of attacking another member part of that "I will look for the best in other people," fit into this idea?

Sorry, ya gotta explain that a little better, if ya want a answer....  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 06/18/19 at 17:00:03

You started a thread on here with the sole purpose of making fun of another member.

Is that action conducive, representative, or otherwise similar to the proposed concept of "I will look for the best in other people" or " I will try my best to do my best"?

Does denigrating others match the action of looking for the best in them?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 06/18/19 at 17:42:55

What post was that?
Can you refresh my memory, since you seem to know exactly what it is/was.

Maybe its not even necessary, as I can tell you in no way am I saying I'm perfect, without fault, and not fallen prey to those very things myself.

If people want to project that about me, from what I post, and more importantly, what they perceive from it.....
Well, that is out of my hands, nothing I can do about that.

I have no idea why someone would want to cling on to negativity, like pointing out others hypocrisy, etc, while totally ignoring their own, which of course, they say they have none.....WHICH, is what I GUESS you are trying to assign to me  Grin

Thanks buddy....keep me on my toes!  Smiley  

Does denigrating others match the action of looking for the best in them?

Like you?   Grin Grin Grin

Kind of a circle argument/observation, eh?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 06/18/19 at 20:09:32

"Like you?"

Not at all.

I've never claimed I look for the best in others.  I have also never made a thread exclusively to make fun of another member.  

I am just wondering if there is a way to rationalize the statement with the actions.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 06/18/19 at 21:30:17

Eegore wrote on 06/18/19 at 20:09:32:
"Like you?"

Not at all.

I've never claimed I look for the best in others.  I have also never made a thread exclusively to make fun of another member.  

I am just wondering if there is a way to rationalize the statement with the actions.

Hhhmmmmm.....really, just so Blasé, you must be fun in the sack  Grin

Yeah, actions would be good if followed through, that's a given.

Its a good question, fair enough, as intentions if not acted upon, are pretty useless, if that is as far as it gets.

Like saying I am open-minded, and tolerant, of others.....as long as you don't disagree with me.  Then you deserve to be called out  Grin

Mostly, I think praying/meditation, is a tool to get ones own focus, thinking, reasoning, dialed in.....
Once you get above the selfish plane, hopefully your vision will be more clear.

Did you have a certain post in mind that prompted this question?

I'd like to see the context in which it was shared, if you do.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 06/19/19 at 05:50:45

OK - c'mon ray.  You know exactly what post Eegore is referring to.

I think it may have been deleted, but it was a post started by you to take a shot at me about what my initials stand for.

You called me out specifically to berate me.

Yet you never admitted guilt, nor apologized.

Then you post all these religious quotes and tell us all how we must "look to God" or whatever.  It's just all so hypocritical.

That's why no one can take them (or you) serious. ("Hhhmmmmm.....really, just so Blasé, you must be fun in the sack" - case in point)

Eegore is the only one on here that can stick to his logic and carry it through each topic he chooses to chime in on.

Now - please continue to post whatever you like - but don't throw rocks at others when you live in the biggest glass house and not expect a few cracks.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 06/19/19 at 06:57:10

Wanting to BE something
And sometimes falling short
Human
Setting the bar higher than one can always clear
Optimistic
I watch lefties never fail to clear the bar of their moral and ethical values for themselves.
I know they Know it exists
Because they are quick to point it out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 06/19/19 at 07:54:08

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 06/19/19 at 06:57:10:
Wanting to BE something
And sometimes falling short
Human
Setting the bar higher than one can always clear
Optimistic
I watch lefties never fail to clear the bar of their moral and ethical values for themselves.
I know they Know it exists
Because they are quick to point it out.

And I've watched conservatives on this very forum complain about name-calling other members, and then do that same thing a week later, so.....

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 06/19/19 at 07:55:40

Followers of religions that strongly prohibit suicide, like Christianity and Islam, have a higher suicide rate than those religions which have no strong prohibition (e.g. Buddhism and Hinduism.)

http://www.religioustolerance.org/sui_fact.htm

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 06/19/19 at 08:29:03

"Hhhmmmmm.....really, just so Blasé, you must be fun in the sack"

I don't interact intimately with people.

"Did you have a certain post in mind that prompted this question?
I'd like to see the context in which it was shared, if you do
. "

Yes I did, I am not going to fabricate a false incident to question an event that never happened.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1557325909

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 06/19/19 at 10:17:55

While I agree there was no good reason for Ray's post, there is a bigger point which I've brought up before.

Ray can be attacked as being hypocritical to his belief system because he has stated a belief system. On this same thread, Sew posted some link presumably showing an higher incident of suicides among those groups who profess a similar belief system as Ray. Sew has no belief system which he could be label as acting hypocritically against it. Had Ray posted a link showing a higher suicide rate among atheist, Sew and gang could/would have immediately jumped all over Ray. Now, you could say Sew, who has pleaded for civility, is acting hypocritically for posting the link to begin with because it was solely intended as an attack on Ray. But that's limited to his actions on this forum, not in the real world.

Should Ray stoop to the gutter level of someone like TT? No, he should not. But, again I'd point out Ray has opened himself up to attack on two levels, everyone else on one.

Bottom line for Ray; you are going to be attacked for any reason, valid or not, so there's no need to toss the first grenade.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 06/19/19 at 10:34:49

WebsterMark wrote on 06/19/19 at 10:17:55:
While I agree there was no good reason for Ray's post, there is a bigger point which I've brought up before.

Ray can be attacked as being hypocritical to his belief system because he has stated a belief system. On this same thread, Sew posted some link presumably showing an higher incident of suicides among those groups who profess a similar belief system as Ray. Sew has no belief system which he could be label as acting hypocritically against it.

How do you figure?  Sero, being an atheist, has to hold himself to a higher standard - not some book's.  Think of it this way, ray can just pass off his behavior as "gee, I'm a sinner" - whereas Sero's got no safety net.  His comments are only defended by him.

Had Ray posted a link showing a higher suicide rate among atheist, Sew and gang could/would have immediately jumped all over Ray.

No, he couldn't  - because it's not true.  Sero posted a fact.  If ray (or whomever) wanted to debate that point, then fine.  But you can't just dismiss facts or data that you don't like.  That's not how it works.

Further, it fit the narrative of the "holier than thou" theme of the posts.

Now, you could say Sew, who has pleaded for civility, is acting hypocritically for posting the link to begin with because it was solely intended as an attack on Ray. But that's limited to his actions on this forum, not in the real world.

Should Ray stoop to the gutter level of someone like TT? No, he should not.

LOL - love how you have to get that one in.... say mark, did you see what jog's been calling me in other posts?  And tell me - have you seen me call anyone on here a name since I agreed not to?  Your sight-lines are a little too constrained I think.

But, again I'd point out Ray has opened himself up to attack on two levels, everyone else on one.

Bottom line for Ray; you are going to be attacked for any reason, valid or not, so there's no need to toss the first grenade.

No he's not mark.  In fact, no one has "attacked" ray for anything.  If he wants to post words of inspiration, so be it.  But you can't do that and not expect some questions about his reverence - given his recent "attack" on me.

What Eegore asked of ray was simple and logical.  If you and ray are so offended, that's on you two, not Eegore (or anyone else).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 17:23:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Be optimistic......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.