Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Wiring help, lost manual. (Read 171 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Wiring help, lost manual.
Reply #15 - 05/02/19 at 09:33:28

What you want can MAYBE be accomplished.DEpends on the design of the decompression module and where ground comes from. You're trying to redesign it to operate not just to Allow it to start with the stand down and clutch out, but only in neutral. Since you want it to start
Only in neutral, the only way I can see that happening is to involve the
Neutral indicator.
You're gonna need to use the neutral light circuit to be the ground or power for the decompression timer that fires when you push start.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 05/02/19 at 10:23:48

While Dave has bypassed both switches ,and had no problem ,he hasn't fessed up to the fact that his manual  compression level sits just inboard of his clutch lever allowing him to pull the clutch lever and decomp in at the same time, so if the bike is started in gear it will not jump .  Ryca 's manual hand level does not afford that ability, which is why I would retain the sidestand switch.,     Savageman 99 also stated that he wanted the bike to start only in neutral, this can only happen if the side stand switch is retained, and it still allows some safety, in that the bike's kickstand can't pogo and force a crash , nor jump if started in gear , because the ignition dies when the bike is placed in gear.  the clutch bypass is simple ,just tie the to wires going to the clutch switch together wherever convenient , it's not rocket science . But to each his own, I just hate turning mole hills into mountains.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #17 - 05/02/19 at 10:38:17

Savageman 99 also stated that he wanted the bike to start only in neutral, this can only happen if the side stand switch is retained, and it still allows some safety, in that the bike's kickstand can't pogo and force a crash ,because the ignition dies when the bike is placed in gear.

Maybe you missed my post.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 05/02/19 at 12:19:09

Jog , If your addressing me ,I did miss your post, but if he's going to a manual decomp lever ,I doubt the  decomp timer will be retained.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 05/02/19 at 13:14:54

batman wrote on 05/02/19 at 10:23:48:
 While Dave has bypassed both switches ,and had no problem ,he hasn't fessed up to the fact that his manual  compression level sits just inboard of his clutch lever allowing him to pull the clutch lever and decomp in at the same time, so if the bike is started in gear it will not jump .  

99 out of 100 times....I never need the decompression release and don't use it.  I push the starter button and the bike fires up almost immediately - but every once in a while the engine will be stopped with the piston at BDC on the compression stroke, and the starter cannot push the piston over TDC to get things going - so I let go of the starter button and grab the compression release lever to dump the compression and then push the starter button.  (IF I were ever to leave the bike in gear and push the starter button......the bike would try to move.  I don't know if the starter actually has enough power to move the bike and start the engine simultaneously....but in theory it could).

I didn't build this bike to suit anybody else's wants and desires - I put things together so I would have the bike I wanted.  When I turn on my key....I am sitting in the seat, my right hand is on the handlebar, I look for the neutral light - and then I push the start button.

If Savageman99 wants to build his bike his way......Cool!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #20 - 05/02/19 at 14:33:14

Dave I have no objection to the right to build his ,yours or anyone's bike to their liking . I was trying to describe the simplest /easiest way to accomplish his goals , to bypass the clutch switch ,and to allow the bike to start in neutral only . Based on the fact that he has come here for help, I've tried to give him as complete and honest advice as possible. If he chooses to follow it is completely up to him.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #21 - 05/02/19 at 15:20:14

Dave, Yes the starter with a good battery has the power to start the bike in gear and get you going. I broke a clutch cable 60 miles from home and that is how I got back. Coast to a stop in neutral, kill the engine, put the bike in 1st, wait till you have at least 20 feet clear in front of you, and hit the starter. Bike will jerk forward till it fires then away you go. It is quite awkard for the first 10-12 feet, but it worked to get me home.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 05/02/19 at 15:36:05

When my cable broke I slipped into neutral at stops, Flintstoned it as good as I could, put it in first and gassed it. Worked smoother than I expected.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 01:33:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Wiring help, lost manual.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.