Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
After Harley Davidson muffler what do I need? (Read 262 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: After Harley Davidson muffler what do I need?
Reply #15 - 04/09/19 at 10:33:16

May be too rich at idle.

If it dies with choke but runs without it, think about it this way: Choke cuts off the air to the carb making the mixture extra rich (less oxygen can get in) to help start and warm the bike.  So, if yours will not run when you pull the choke to RICHEN the mixture but runs well with no choke when the mixture is LEANER then that tells you something.

Is the raptor a genuine Yamaha or chinese knock-off. If it isn't genuine Yamaha then that is the start of your problem and that needs to be addressed before you chase the carb settings.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 04/09/19 at 10:47:45

the raptor a genuine Yamaha or chinese knock-off. If it isn't genuine Yamaha then that is the start of your problem and that needs to be addressed before you chase the carb settings.

Ab
So
Loot
Lee

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #17 - 04/10/19 at 10:55:30

Make sure your idle is properly adjusted.  Needs to be around 1100 rpm if I recall and that WILL NOT sound like a Harley. (It's a much higher idle than a typical HD.)  

Generally speaking, it's not the best practice to change several things at once.  It's a lot easier to diagnose issues when you only make one change at a time.

« Last Edit: 04/10/19 at 12:19:51 by ohiomoto »  
  IP Logged
kylejang

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/10/19 at 17:08:16

I just switch back to original suzuki petcock and engine dies same way so I think petcock is not a issue here and I will buy new raptor petcook from dealership. Once again when I am shifting 2nd to 1st gear when clutch is fully disengage and gas throttle is off(I didn't try at other gear) engine dies.  After switch back to original when cold start without choke bike dies and with choke stay alive Toronto is still cold so I think original petcock is ok. What will be my next step to ride bike this spring?

IP Logged
Junker
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/10/19 at 22:53:43

I had the same problem with the bike dying when I dropped the revs. My issue was that I had set the idle to low ... As Ohiomoto said "Make sure your idle is properly adjusted."

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 01:32:19

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › After Harley Davidson muffler what do I need?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.