Send Topic Print
Thought Experiment (Read 341 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Thought Experiment
10/28/18 at 10:44:46

Given this last week's horrific happenings, I think we all need to reflect on the realities of where we're at - both as a country and individually.

Individually, I think it's obvious.  Anyone can see that things are not going in the right direction.  With the mail bombs, the synagogue shooting and the basically unreported Kroger shooter - we're at a low point.  There seems to be more division than ever.  trump supporters are now doubting the legitimacy of everyone except trump.  Several were interviewed at a trump rally after the bomber was captured and still didn't believe he was guilty.  They commented that he may have been paid by the left wing - or that it's "fake news".  Look how far we've fallen..

But as a country, there seems to be an awakening.  People, as a whole, are now seeing the harsh reality of what their complacency has done.  It's brought us to where we are today.  For some time now, we've forgotten how far we'd come - past the bigotry, hate and isolationism.

We're at a turning point.  For better or worse, our country is more informed than at any time in its history.  But like the old saying, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."  With the explosion of social media and the sheer volume of information hitting everyone in their waking life, far too many have tuned it out.  Conversely, just as many have woven a cocoon for themselves and filled their life with positive affirmations of their own views. They know they're right because "everyone" thinks like they do.  

Fortunately, from what I've been seeing, that's beginning to change.  Many are realizing that the truth is simply the truth.  It's obvious to everyone that the hate in our country is responsible for the terror this week.  It's not "fake news".  It's real - almost too real.

Now, credit where credit is due.  ray called me out on another thread about how I've "come unhinged".  He's not entirely wrong in assuming that.  But it's not "coming unhinged" - it's me hammering the fact (even harder) that hypocrisy is probably the biggest problem we face in this country.  Hate is hate, bigotry is bigotry - there are no "good terrorists".  I have never condoned violence in any situation, nor will I ever defend it.  None of us can.  But I've seen far too much complacency towards it on this forum, and yes, it gets a little frustrating.  That's on me and no one else.  I'm happy to own up to it.  I just did.  I would hope that others do the same.  (and let's keep it real, we're talking about 8 or 10 people in total that do any kind of regular posting...)

So, after all this ranting, I'll finish it with a little thought experiment.

I'm sure you're all familiar with "It's a Wonderful Life".  When it first came out it wasn't really a hit.  I think I read somewhere that it was one of Frank Capra's least popular movies upon release.
But it didn't remain a sleeper.  As time went by, the story and the message caught on - and it's easy to see why.

Think about the story.  Think about the characters.  Think about why it speaks to so many people and is more popular today than ever.

I think sometimes we all forget how hard George works.  We know how he feels when he feels "left behind" by the likes of his friend Sam.  Like George, we forget what's really important in life.  Only after he sees an alternate reality does he come to appreciate and fight for his existence.

I think that's appropriate for where we're at now.  We can see the "warped, frustrated old man," and see that what he's trying to do to our lives.  George saw that no matter what, Mr. Potter couldn't take away his happiness.

We as a country are seeing that - we are better as a people, than our president is as an individual.  He can't change us.

We are better than that.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Thought Experiment
Reply #1 - 10/28/18 at 12:00:38

Who wrote that ?

It most certainly was not you.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 10/28/18 at 12:28:21

MnSpring wrote on 10/28/18 at 12:00:38:
Who wrote that ?

you certainly missed the point no matter the author  

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 10/28/18 at 14:55:35

thumperclone wrote on 10/28/18 at 12:28:21:
you certainly missed the point   

The reason I asked, is the statement:
"...Many are realizing that the truth is simply the truth. ..."
Which cannot be tt saying that.

Because tt, numerous times,
(no, it would be, EVERY time)
has simply refused to accept the, TRUTH.
So it just cannot be tt.

Well, Unless, tt means ,
EVERYBODY ELSE,
should accept, His/Her,  Truth !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #4 - 10/28/18 at 14:57:27

let it go

peace be with you

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #5 - 10/28/18 at 15:27:48

thumperclone wrote on 10/28/18 at 14:57:27:
let it go

So, the tt, can LIE through his/her teeth,
constantly and continuity.
Spin, all the time.
And call anyone else,
whatever names tt want's to.

Then, post a, 'statement',
(Read it very carefully)
about how people, are to believe, tt.

Yet I, am suppose to kiss his/her azz.
(because you said so)
Guess what, Ain't gonna Happen.

Clone, perhaps you need to join Bot,
in counting how many times you can pet a Rattle Snake,
before it bits you.

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 10/28/18 at 18:50:58

quit pickin scabs they'll fester

peace be with you

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Trump the blip we had to have.
Reply #7 - 10/28/18 at 23:11:48

Sorry to burst your Rainbow Unicorn Cocaine bubble, but that was not a thought experiment. A thought experiment is an actual experiment that could in principle be done in real life but for all practical concerns cannot be done.

TT, I hear you but you are not looking at the big picture. You can't see the forest for the trees, much less can you see further. This is why as an example climate change micro analysis is pointless, it's a long game, the real effects of what humans are doing to the only planet. It is unlikely (although we can never say never) that humans will find another planet to colonise, much less actually establish a viable colony. I don't want to argue this point because that would be pointless.

Now the point that I actually would like to get across to you is that if you step back a bit, you will see that Brexit, Donald Trump, Erdogan, ect, are a necessary evil. There will be a correction.

I see a much bigger picture still, I see the disenfranchisement and infantilisation of women as the only real problem facing the world because that is the a much more fundamental problem. Remember Koyaanisqatsi, the world is out of balance.

Trump is a necessary evil, a cartoon villain, we need this sort of exaggerated personification of everything that is wrong with the world to wake up. This is why David Lynch recently said that Trump is the best thing that has happened to America.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/david-lynch-trump-tw...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jun/26/trump-david-lynch-career-over...

Laughably Trump didn't see this, he just saw that he was called the greatest president and stopped reading and even if he kept reading he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand.

So chill out TT and remember like the stock market there are always bumps, and Trump is the blip we had to have. Not to be confused with the inflatable baby Trump, which was the blimp we had to have.

Have a listen to this TT, it's Alan Watts, I think you will enjoy it...

https://youtu.be/26971uJuQuk

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/29/18 at 05:46:23

Individually, I think it's obvious.  Anyone can see that things are not going in the right direction.  With the mail bombs, the synagogue shooting and the basically unreported Kroger shooter - we're at a low point.  There seems to be more division than ever.  trump supporters are now doubting the legitimacy of everyone except trump.

Mail bombs, synagogue and Kroger shooting....and now we're at the low point?!!!  Where were you when Congressman were shot on a ball field? Where were you when supporters of a Presidential candidate were being physically attacked?

The division is because for the first time, the peaceful transition of political power from one party to the next didn't  occur. You TT and your party refuse to accept the results of the last election. The MSM which has gone all in for one side refuses to accept the results.

Here's the deal, wars continue and tensions erupt until one side admits defeat and begins rebuilding. The Democrats lost. You lost the heart of America and instead of acknowledging that, you've decided to punish the voters by calling them every vile name you can think of.

You are hypocrisy personified. This is what you don't get, what you can't see. George Bailey is a modern day Republican. Conservative, patriotic, God fearing. You think George Bailey is going to scream and play dead so police can drag him out at a Supreme Court nomination hearing? You think George Bailey is going to chase Ted Cruz and his wife put of a restaurant? He would no more support a loon like Warren or Harris or Booker than the man on the moon.

You lost the heart of America. Listen to what they're saying or keep losing.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 10/29/18 at 06:07:18

Have a listen to this TT, it's Alan Watts, I think you will enjoy it..

Ah.....a different  prophet.

Funny, a necessary evil is needed, yet it seems all you do by coming here, is to fight against what you preach......

Why do you not accept it, if its needed?

What is your end game, annihilation of all who believe, and act against your prophecies?

Seems like this story has a familiar ring to it?

Why do you instruct TT, yet allow yourself to swim in the toxic pool of anger?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/29/18 at 07:00:39

MnSpring wrote on 10/28/18 at 12:00:38:
Who wrote that ?

Until you start posting like an adult - I really don't care what you believe.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/29/18 at 07:08:34

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 05:46:23:
Individually, I think it's obvious.  Anyone can see that things are not going in the right direction.  With the mail bombs, the synagogue shooting and the basically unreported Kroger shooter - we're at a low point.  There seems to be more division than ever.  trump supporters are now doubting the legitimacy of everyone except trump.

Mail bombs, synagogue and Kroger shooting....and now we're at the low point?!!!  Where were you when Congressman were shot on a ball field? Where were you when supporters of a Presidential candidate were being physically attacked?

The division is because for the first time, the peaceful transition of political power from one party to the next didn't  occur. You TT and your party refuse to accept the results of the last election. The MSM which has gone all in for one side refuses to accept the results.

Here's the deal, wars continue and tensions erupt until one side admits defeat and begins rebuilding. The Democrats lost. You lost the heart of America and instead of acknowledging that, you've decided to punish the voters by calling them every vile name you can think of.

You are hypocrisy personified. This is what you don't get, what you can't see. George Bailey is a modern day Republican. Conservative, patriotic, God fearing. You think George Bailey is going to scream and play dead so police can drag him out at a Supreme Court nomination hearing? You think George Bailey is going to chase Ted Cruz and his wife put of a restaurant? He would no more support a loon like Warren or Harris or Booker than the man on the moon.

You lost the heart of America. Listen to what they're saying or keep losing.

"George Bailey is a modern day Republican"

Wow... just wow.... so that makes Mr. Potter a dem?

Too funny mark.  Whatever it takes to help you sleep better.

George gives charity to the "garlic eaters", he "carelessly" spends money on a long distance call from his brother, He takes the blame when Billy loses the deposit.

You can honestly tell yourself that he's a "modern day republican"?

I don't think anyone besides you can see that.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/29/18 at 07:09:53

raydawg wrote on 10/29/18 at 06:07:18:
Have a listen to this TT, it's Alan Watts, I think you will enjoy it..

Ah.....a different  prophet.

Funny, a necessary evil is needed, yet it seems all you do by coming here, is to fight against what you preach......

Why do you not accept it, if its needed?

What is your end game, annihilation of all who believe, and act against your prophecies?

Seems like this story has a familiar ring to it?

Why do you instruct TT, yet allow yourself to swim in the toxic pool of anger?

Once again, you're too cowardly to confront me yourself.

Sad ray - you're the most childish 65 year old I've ever had the displeasure to know.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/29/18 at 07:33:51

I go back to this:
You think George Bailey is going to scream and play dead so police can drag him out at a Supreme Court nomination hearing? You think George Bailey is going to chase Ted Cruz and his wife put of a restaurant? He would no more support a loon like Warren or Harris or Booker than the man on the moon.

You were the one who brought up George Bailey. So I ask again, you think that's who he was? You think he'd be okay with his party interrupting a moment of silence like they did in Tennessee at the Republican Senate candidate's meeting? Screaming and fake dying like idiots? This is who you think America is?....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 10/29/18 at 07:54:54

WebsterMark wrote on 10/29/18 at 07:33:51:
I go back to this:
You think George Bailey is going to scream and play dead so police can drag him out at a Supreme Court nomination hearing? You think George Bailey is going to chase Ted Cruz and his wife put of a restaurant? He would no more support a loon like Warren or Harris or Booker than the man on the moon.

You were the one who brought up George Bailey. So I ask again, you think that's who he was? You think he'd be okay with his party interrupting a moment of silence like they did in Tennessee at the Republican Senate candidate's meeting? Screaming and fake dying like idiots? This is who you think America is?....

OK mark, I'll play your game then... you think George would threaten Dr. Ford's life?  You think he'd mail bombs to his enemies?  You think he'd march in Charlotte with a torch?  You think he'd hold a rally and "wish he could punch that guy"?  You think he'd run as a nazi in Illinois?

Yeah, you use the worst examples of those on the extreme left - then I do the same with the right.

Nice try, but it don't fly.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 16:22:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Thought Experiment

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.