Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
US Federal Gender definition change (Read 224 times)
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: US Federal Gender definition change
Reply #30 - 10/23/18 at 14:36:19

"Isn't hormone therapy a result of the transgender procedure?"

Yes.  So is thyroid issues, among hundreds of other reasons, including simply being a female that needs them to control excessive vaginal bleeding.  Vaginal bleeding also occurs in gender reassigned persons.

"If someone purposely contracted diabetes, would an insurance company be liable to provide insulin for the rest of their life?"

They would be liable to provide insulin at the contracted cost margin within the regulated parameters of the explanation of benefits within the provider contract.  They can not deny current customers care, but they can now deny coverage to new customers. (Pre-existing conditions)

"Are you working up to making the point that transgender surgery is as medically necessary as bypass surgery and therefore must be covered by any policy or performed by any doctor or medical facility?"

No.

Gender reassignment is elective, like collarbone repair, cartilage repair, breast enhancement or reduction, or any other elective surgery that does not result in the death of the person if it is not done. (medically necessary)

If someone gets breast enhancement, and their insurance covers prescription medications that insurance company can not deny those prescriptions based off the fact that breast enhancement was not essential to life.  Its in the explanation of benefits and must be provided or they are in violation of contract.

Estrogen treatment is provided to females per the provider contract.  If a male is surgically reassigned, by choice not by medical need, an pays for their insurance, they can receive estrogen therapy at the negotiated cost.  If the Federal definition forces medical centers/insurance companies to maintain that a surgically reassigned person is male, then they no longer have to provide the estrogen therapy per the contract.  The only thing that changed was the definition, not the physical person (post surgery).  

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #31 - 10/23/18 at 14:54:37

@WM Yes, I’m surprised that you go back and forth between a giant d!ck and a reasonable person. I too would describe my position on same sex marriage. If they want to call it a union with all the same legal standings, I'm fine with that, but don't call it a marriage because it's not.

If ever I talk like a d!ck it's because I'm responding to some d!ck bullsh!t. I'm not saying that's a justification but it's an explanation. Remember, forum discussions especially political ones are ripe for game theory, and the game I play is known as Tit for Tat.

Tit for Tat wins every time it's used throughout the animal kingdom, people have devised the most complex strategies to win at competitions on game theory. Tit for Tat wins every time. And by 'win' I mean the best outcome for everyone. You see you almost got it, but you couldn't resist adding gratuitous 'd!ck' bit in which you will have to admit tries to imply that your posting is beyond reproach.

Even Tit for Two Tats was tried, and if you read about it, then you'll understand why when I came into this forum and was instantly abused that I did not let it go. In organised competitions, TiT for Tat always produces a better outcome than Tit for Two Tats.

But enough of Game Theory, let it be seen that you and I can agree on something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tit_for_tat

Here's a lecture from a series of Game Theory, the Tit for Tat explanation begins at 27mins and 30 seconds

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvaikbvgu3qdi1s/16%20Does%20This%20Stuff%20Really%2...

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 10/24/18 at 05:40:32

I can't devote time today for that, but I will this week and get back to you.

IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 10/24/18 at 07:54:05

WebsterMark wrote on 10/23/18 at 09:11:46:
The can of worms this opens up keeps growing....
I believe it was this week, at a high school track meet, the top 2 winners from the girls categories were transgender boys who had surgery or are in the pre-surgery stages.

Consider the girls who 'lost'. They did not lose to other girls who worked as hard as them and competed fairly, they lost to boys with a biological advantage.

Now you could say this is a rare event and in the big picture, not important. But did you say that to the lesbian couple who said one baker out of thousands wouldn’t bake their cake? That one event was so important it spawned a lawsuit that went to the highest court…

In 20 years there will be NO actual women in sports.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #34 - 10/24/18 at 19:15:49

Even Tit for Two Tats was tried, and if you read about it, then you'll understand why when I came into this forum and was instantly abused that I did not let it go. In organised competitions, TiT for Tat always produces a better outcome than Tit for Two Tats

Okay, so I've read up on this.

My first thought is most of steps in game theory are intuitive or at least learned by experience. I read and watched several videos on various game theories and I can say I, and many other colleagues of mine, act in accordance with game theories without consciously recognizing a particular response and then responding accordingly.

That's not really a surprise because I think the science of game theory is simply articulating the proven techniques of dealing with various situations.  

So my question to your comment above is when you came into this forum and were 'abused', did you consciously determine which game theory to respond with?

I mentioned in another post in response to an economic thread that all of us are among the best economists in the world because we deal with economics every day and have learned in great detail the ins and outs of the economic world. We don't realize we're doing it, but we are. So I think it is with some Game Theory. That doesn't mean you couldn't learn to recognize situations and respond in a manner that improves your odds. I learned a couple interesting things while reading and watching the videos I found.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 15:45:20

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › US Federal Gender definition change

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.