Send Topic Print
Middle Income Tax Break (Read 91 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Middle Income Tax Break
10/22/18 at 16:14:41

So, our president says he's going to cut "middle income people's" taxes by 10%.

"We're putting in a resolution sometime in the next week or week-and-a-half, two weeks," trump said.

"We won't have time to do the vote" before the election, Trump told reporters. "We'll do the vote after the election."

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wait - I've seen this tactic before...  When my buddy Jimmy in grade school ran for class president - he promised everyone chocolate pudding for dessert at every lunch time!!

I wonder what ever happened to Jimmy - I never got my dessert....
Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Middle Income Tax Break
Reply #1 - 10/22/18 at 16:39:07

He's kept more promises than any other.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/22/18 at 18:39:29

the new tax cut includes an additional tax cut for the rich....  

just what I've heard so far, peanuts for the middle class, the rich get the lion's share, to hell with us little people, as always....

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/22/18 at 19:09:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/22/18 at 16:39:07:

Not hard to keep promises that say you'll just reverse everything the previous administration did by executive order.  It's like promising to breath...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 10/22/18 at 19:13:32

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 10/22/18 at 19:18:52

T And T Garage wrote on 10/22/18 at 19:09:23:

Not hard to keep promises that say you'll just reverse everything the previous administration did by executive order.  It's like promising to breath...

Wadda load.
Utter nonsense

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/22/18 at 19:30:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/22/18 at 19:18:52:
T And T Garage wrote on 10/22/18 at 19:09:23:

Wadda load.
Utter nonsense

Oh?  You think?

The list -

trump - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/trumpometer/

Obama - http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/23/18 at 04:52:19

The CEO of my company agrees with this article, a section of which I pasted below.  He never talks social politics which leads us to believe he leans strongly to the left. But he's a smart man whose lead our company to the top in our industry. He knows how to read the business landscape.

Competitiveness: It might not make a lot of mainstream newspapers, so let us inform you: The World Economic Forum just ranked the U.S. as the world's most competitive economy for the first time since 2008. A lot has happened since then, but mostly the U.S.' No. 1 ranking is a result of the surprise election of Donald Trump.

It's also yet another bit of evidence for why policies truly matter. The last time the U.S. stood atop the WEF global ranking of 140-plus countries, President Obama had just been elected. But he had yet to sign the growth-killing Dodd-Frank and ObamaCare bills, or a wasteful "stimulus" of nearly $1 trillion.

For the next eight years, the U.S.' competitiveness ranking slid, pretty much until Trump was elected and reversed the slide with tax cuts, deregulation and trade renegotiations that pushed U.S. GDP growth roughly 50% higher than it was under Obama.

It was a stark admission by the global group, which includes many of the world's left-leaning elite and superwealthy CEOs and entrepreneurs, of the strides made under Trump. For the record, the U.S. ranked as low as seventh place but got no higher than No. 3 under Obama.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/23/18 at 06:49:07

Its obvious that the economy is growing and US competitiveness is higher.  What I wonder about is if we had practices that crippled an economy, then created a method to protect against it, then how do we prevent another crippling event by removing all the protections that were implemented?

Its like adding speed limits and guard rails to a mountain road, then taking them all off and expecting everyone to just be safe.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/23/18 at 08:20:45

Eegore wrote on 10/23/18 at 06:49:07:
 Its obvious that the economy is growing and US competitiveness is higher.  What I wonder about is if we had practices that crippled an economy, then created a method to protect against it, then how do we prevent another crippling event by removing all the protections that were implemented?

Its like adding speed limits and guard rails to a mountain road, then taking them all off and expecting everyone to just be safe.

That's a great point Eegore.  Saving a company like GM was a must.  The stimulus was needed.  Yes, it cost a ton, but look what happened to the deficit in 4 years.

There is credit to deregulation.  However, there is also credit to checks and balances.  The financial crash of 2008 was because the banks weren't held in check.  They sold crappy loans to unqualified customers and then sold that debt off - knowing it was a bad deal.

We can't let predatory lending and cheap money drive our banks down that same road.  Dodd-Frank has had parts of it repealed - for better or worse.  If we let capitalism run rampant, the same exact thing will happen as it did in late 2007 (IMHO).

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/23/18 at 09:21:46

Amazingly, this country grew like it did without guard rails or at least limited guard rails.

There is such a thing as the invisible hand of economics. All of us are among the smartest, most educated economist in the world. We make decisions and navigate our way through what’s really an amazingly complicated yet decidedly simple maze every single day. It’s impossible to accumulate enough facts to determine what’s best and then steer everyone else’s hand, but we seem to keep trying.

Is there a place for guard rails? Sure. Have we overdone it? I think so. At some point, each of us have to be responsible to educate ourselves how to navigate that maze and just as importantly, how to help others in our families to navigate that maze. I don’t know why we are in need of government to regulate seemingly every facet of our day to day lives.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/23/18 at 11:18:35

and while we grew, we had slavery, child labor, crazy pollution, poison products, etc...  

so while I can be convinced that some regulations are too burdensome, let's not throw them all away just cause!!!  okay?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/23/18 at 11:19:39

Whose throwing them all away? Who is calling for child labor, for slavery, crazy pollution, poison products?.... No one.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/23/18 at 16:00:17

WebsterMark wrote on 10/23/18 at 11:19:39:
Whose throwing them all away? Who is calling for child labor, for slavery, crazy pollution, poison products?.... No one.

well, that's good to hear, cause all the anti-regulation rhetoric and the destruction of the EPA, Education departments over the last 2 years and the rollback of financial regulations... I just assumed you all were going to just rollback everything to get back to whenever it was that you thought America was Great,

so, what's the base level of regulation you are comfortable with?

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #14 - 10/23/18 at 16:41:53

T And T Garage wrote on 10/22/18 at 16:14:41:
Wait - I've seen this tactic before...  

YEA, So Have I.
'Ya Gotta Pass it to see what's in it'
'You can Keep you Doctor'
'Premiums will go down'

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 14:57:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Middle Income Tax Break

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.