just heard a conservative panelist on NPR say "Science doesn't give us facts."

IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Re: ummmmm, ok then
Reply #1 - 10/17/18 at 19:47:40

LostArtist wrote on 10/17/18 at 17:33:44:

This is not a good road to travel down L.A. As you will run into a wall of the history and the historicity of science. For the above statement you'd have to get the person who said it, to explain what they mean. It's not unto scientists to defend such a patently stupid statement it's up to idiots like the person who said it to explain wtf they are talking about.

Science is out best attempt to explain the world and those who determine whether it's valid or not are the very scientists themselves. However what delineates science from religion is that science is not based on 'blind belief'. Like you cannot just have a tool like Trump saying 'he doesn't "believe" something that scientists said, because science is not about belief. This is why, in case anyone was wondering, that you do not have scientists knocking on your front door in order to convince you about the general relativity.

I'm reminded of Einstein's famous retort to a paper produced in Germany titled 100 Authors against Einstein. He said, 'if I was wrong, one would be enough'.

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-0348-9008-3_4

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/18/18 at 05:56:42

I'l like to see the context of that quote.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/18/18 at 09:50:56

WebsterMark wrote on 10/18/18 at 05:56:42:

since when do you care about context?   you don't even care when Trump exaggerates EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 10/18/18 at 13:27:45

LostArtist wrote on 10/18/18 at 09:50:56:

since when do you care about context?    

Lost, has your mentor taught you nothing about:
“…since when do you care about context?…”

I would like to see the link,
where it was said,
and by who.
Then I can research, who, said it,
And how one sided it is.

(Or, if it was even said)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/18/18 at 14:26:03

MnSpring wrote on 10/18/18 at 13:27:45:

since when do you care about context?    

Lost, has your mentor taught you nothing about:
“…since when do you care about context?…”

I would like to see the link,
where it was said,
and by who.
Then I can research, who, said it,
And how one sided it is.

(Or, if it was even said)

remember when I"d always post a link to an article or source, but you'd never believe it or read it, calling it fake news or whatever, so why bother?  you never post anything to back up any of your drivel

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/18/18 at 14:36:45

since when do you care about context?   you don't even care when Trump exaggerates EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME.  

So you can't give the context.....or you made it up to begin with......or you looked at the context and realized you took it out of context.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 10/18/18 at 14:41:52

LostArtist wrote on 10/18/18 at 14:26:03:
I"d always post a link to an article or source, but you'd never believe it or read it, calling it fake news or whatever, so why bother?

I see, so you just made it up.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/18/18 at 14:48:40

WebsterMark wrote on 10/18/18 at 14:36:45:

So you can't give the context.....or you made it up to begin with......or you looked at the context and realized you took it out of context.

I gave you context, conservative panelist on NPR

just another example of conservatives not understanding science and denying it, you've done quite a lot of that yourself here WM

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/18/18 at 14:54:32

MnSpring wrote on 10/18/18 at 14:41:52:
LostArtist wrote on 10/18/18 at 14:26:03:
I"d always post a link to an article or source, but you'd never believe it or read it, calling it fake news or whatever, so why bother?

I see, so you just made it up.

just for you babycakes!!!  

no, it's real, it's not my responsibility to spoon feed you,

you argue here all the time without backing up ANYTHING YOU EVER SAY, the one time I don't and you're jumping down my back about it.  

you say things are lies but then never actually say the truth about what should have been...  but we are all just supposed to take your word for it, the almighty MN SPRINGS knows all and doesn't need to prove anything...

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/18/18 at 15:27:10

actually,

MN Springs, I owe you an apology, you have actually been using sources lately....

fair is fair:

https://soundcloud.com/houstonmatters/analysis-of-last-nights-cruz-orourke-de...

it's an analysis of the O'Rouke/Cruz debate and the phrase is said around the 10:50 mark.  

it's a part where they are discussing the way each candidate responded to a question about Exxon's analysis of Climate Change.  and it still comes down to , do you believe science or not. The conservative talking isn't as educated as he thinks he is, and I might owe him an apology as well, I don't actually know if he's conservative or not, he was definitely on Cruz's side in this analysis though, but I actually agree with his conclusion about this debate, it didn't change anyone's mind about either candidate.  

And he doesn't understand the actual science of climate change, much like many here, it really is quite conclusive about the causes of Climate change. whether you except it or not, that's your own issue.  

go through this you tube channel  https://www.youtube.com/user/potholer54/videos and if you still don't believe it after watching any 5 videos on climate change, then you are quite hopeless

oh and potholler54 is really rather conservative and logical, seriously, his analysis of it all is quite impressive

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 10/18/18 at 15:27:39

LostArtist wrote on 10/18/18 at 14:54:32:
 but we are all just supposed to take your word for it,

Please explain, why when someone says: (to the like)
"We should not be letting in illegal refugees"
Is called, Racist.

Yet the statement you said:
“…  you're just supposed to believe them, they are white guys after all, just believe them..."

Is perfectly all right ?

OH  just for your record, "...doesn't need to prove anything...", I am sure that you forgot, when something is not, 'main street' I DO  post links.
When something is so obvious, no need to.

A NPR, conservative panelist, saying: "Science doesn't give us facts." Would be a, 'NOT'  be a main street item.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/18/18 at 15:55:54

MnSpring wrote on 10/18/18 at 15:27:39:
LostArtist wrote on 10/18/18 at 14:54:32:
 but we are all just supposed to take your word for it,

Please explain, why when someone says: (to the like)
"We should not be letting in illegal refugees"
Is called, Racist.

I"ve NEVER called it that, so, again, talk to ME, not at some pretend uber liberal boogieman you think I am.

Yet the statement you said:
“…  you're just supposed to believe them, they are white guys after all, just believe them..."

Is perfectly all right ?

you do understand that was a joke, and talking about taking something out of context, you're cross threading threads here DESTROYS THE CONTEXT.  so if you'd kindly keep one thread to one thread and quit carrying grudges from thread to thread and being disingenuous about how you represent others on this board. if you want closure, get it on THAT THREAD or feel free to PM me to ask me to explain personally. not that you'd ever actually get it anyway though, but i'd try

OH  just for your record, "...doesn't need to prove anything...", I am sure that you forgot, when something is not, 'main street' I DO  post links.
When something is so obvious, no need to.

A NPR, conservative panelist, saying: "Science doesn't give us facts." Would be a, 'NOT'  be a main street item.

I just posted everything to apologize for that, so can we be civil now

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/18/18 at 16:26:49

Everyone believes science. Who doesn't? The issue with regards to climate change is has the IPCC trports dramatically over estimated warming in their reports? The answer  that is yes. The next two questions are 1) why and 2) is this a serious issue or not?

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 10/18/18 at 18:53:18

WebsterMark wrote on 10/18/18 at 16:26:49:
Everyone believes science. Who doesn't? The issue with regards to climate change is has the IPCC trports dramatically over estimated warming in their reports? The answer  that is yes. The next two questions are 1) why and 2) is this a serious issue or not?

First, thank you for keeping that on the issue and not hitting me with my own stupidity for how I set this up.  

Second, What makes you think so and even so, so what? is that an excuse to not do anything? we have the technology, we have the money.  I'm not saying 100% or nothing but we could start taking a few more steps instead of backing out of everything.  

And yes, there are problems with some of the solutions and technology, let's figure it out. Why demonize those trying to find and encourage more sustainable solutions? And why keep rewarding those that pollute and contribute to the issue?

Why whenever someone brings up the issue say "look a snowball" and then laugh at them??  

I live close to the coast, and I'd rather not be forced to immigrate inland like a refuge in 30 years when I'm 70....  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/08/24 at 03:08:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ummmmm, ok then

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.