YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Keyless chucks
Reply #15 - 09/06/18 at 07:30:54

BTW, the cheap drills don't have screws to retain the chucks... they're riveted.

WWW   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #16 - 09/06/18 at 10:17:44

I use a corded 3/8 Milwaukee hole shooter with a keyless chuck ,It's taken 30 years of abuse ,and never cried Uncle,I've even ground three flats on 1/2 inch drill bits at times and it drove them . I hate cordless , having batteries die in the middle of a project sucks. CRAFTSMEN doesn't make POWER tools they buy them  from other makers and slap their name on , and they're junk!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
GOF

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Buffalo, NY
Reply #17 - 09/06/18 at 15:55:28

batman wrote on 09/06/18 at 10:17:44:
I use a corded 3/8 Milwaukee hole shooter with a keyless chuck ,It's taken 30 years of abuse ,and never cried Uncle,I've even ground three flats on 1/2 inch drill bits at times and it drove them . I hate cordless , having batteries die in the middle of a project sucks. CRAFTSMEN doesn't make POWER tools they buy them  from other makers and slap their name on , and they're junk!

I I handed you my brushless, keyless, 18volt Ridgid drill I would have to fight you to get it back. It is a beast of a drill. The batteries last a long time. It has power to spare. It is not excessively heavy. The rare occasion I need something heavier I really need something heavier!

1988 Suzuki Savage
1987 Yamaha TW200
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #18 - 09/06/18 at 20:11:23

When the batteries die ,how much do they cost to replace, 50 bucks a piece ? A 30amp 100ft heavy duty extension cord costs about the same and you only have to buy it once, but to each his own.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/06/24 at 17:51:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › Keyless chucks

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.